Fender and Squier 2021 Pre orders

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Raiyn, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Space1999

Space1999 Active Member

I had the same thoughts after I posted this. I will start a new thread with pics etc… :)

Pat

Raiyn likes this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Back on topic:
    I got a call from my Sweetwater rep yesterday. It's been pushed back another couple weeks - global shortages etc.

So, to stay engaged I managed to find a stripped body image so I knew what I was getting into shielding wise.
    Screenshot_2021-06-09-16-00-41 (1).jpg
    Nothing horrible on that front, but holy crap there are a lot of screw holes in that thing! Guess I need to refresh my stock of stainless screws.

Biddlin likes this.
  3. Space1999

Space1999 Active Member

Are you planning on replacing the wood screws in the neck with machined bolts and receivers?

Pat

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I hadn't. There's a couple reasons for that though.
    1. Warranty. Anything I change voids the warranty on that piece. So if I mess with the electronics, that's done but the body / neck is fine and vice versa
    2. I'm not that great with the carbohydrate foam. I'd farm that operation out if I really wanted to go there because that's a key structural item.
    It's not like this is a pool cue where I'm going to be breaking it down every night. At most, I might take it off to add a shim (I've got some nice walnut) should it need one after the bridge installation. After that it oughta be fine for the rest of my days.

What I'm doing is replacing all the pickguard screws etc with Stainless since those tend to be a bit cheap and prone to rust.

5. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I kinda like a little patina on the brightwork.

6. Space1999

Space1999 Active Member

Gotcha. :)

Pat

7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Patina as in a bit of dulling, not fully polished, used... I can roll with to an extent.

Rust as in not maintained... No sir, I don't like it. The stainless screws aren't blingy chrome things, they'll just stay the same shade as a plebeian spoon. Unnoticed and unchanging.

8. Zero

Zero Active Member

I thought I was the only one that got stickers specifically for my guitars!!
    This one is on my goldtop
    FB2B4DC6-ABD3-4E01-85E9-47EA2B4F5AFE.jpeg
    and this one is going on my white custom when she gets here...
    13707EB5-05ED-4559-A37D-C78D6F0D1D89.jpeg

9. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I get stickers specifically for the cases, related to the character / theme of the guitar. I'm more apt to do "hard" accessory mods for the actual guitar like the engraved neckplate on Killer Frost, or the truss rod cover and switch ring on The Lady.

I haven't finalized my artwork selection for GIR, (life happens) but I'm planning a neckplate for that guitar. In that same vein, if my vendor offers it I'll have one done up for the Jag too.

10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Got another text from my Sweetwater rep.

Another "two weeks".

He threw in a shirt.

w00t. :beer: