FS: SX KY1 PRS style archtop guitar

Discussion in 'Non-Epiphone Classifieds' started by Dudemeister, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Dudemeister

Dudemeister Active Member

Here is my SX KY1 (aka ISIS). This is a pretty cool take on a PRS. The body looks like a cross between a PRS and a Tele, but the neck, fretboard inlays and headstock are very much PRS like, which is why this guitar is no longer available.

The body is mahogany, and so is the set in neck. The top is flame maple with a natural finish, and wrapped in 2 ply binding. The neck has a rosewood fretboard with flying bird inlays, nearly identical to the PRS, 22 jumbo frets and, like the PRS, has a 25" scale.

Humbucking pickups, gold hardware, and recessed speed knobs, make for a pretty cool looking guitar. I've had this for quite a while, and it's been sitting in a closet for the last few years. It must have been leaning against something in there, because the back picked up some scuff marks in the clearcoat. The can be seen in the middle picture of the guitar back.

Anyway, I'm asking $300, and $45.00 for shipping CONUS. If you have your own carrier, or live in the San Francisco Bay Area, pickup is available and is, of course, free.

If interested, please PM me.

sx_ky1 - Front small.jpg

sx_ky1 - Back small.jpg

2. Don Ricardo

Don Ricardo New Member

Hi, Is the sx ky1 still available? Did it come with a case?

3. Dudemeister

Still available, but there is no case.

4. Don Ricardo

Don Ricardo New Member

Thanks for your response. While Rondo Music no longer sells these (possible PRS crackdown), they sold new with a case for under $300. At one point the SX ISIS/KY1 with case sold for $249

Search:
    rondomusic ky1cus24na with case

I take these and modify with premium HW, electronics, etc. So with wear/tear and no case, I can't offer more than $120 plus shipping.

I understand if you need to get $300, but wanted to extend my offer. If interested I will buy it today.

Thanks,
    Richard

BTW, The manufacturer still makes these and distributes through Guangzhou All-in Music Instrument Co. SX is one of their brands. They're now marketed as the Carlos Electric Guitar CR-KY1 Mahogany Body

Search:
    Carlos-Electric-Guitar-Cr-Ky1-Mahogany-Body-751737985

5. Dudemeister

Thatnks but I think I can get at least 250. If you're serious about it, then I'll let it go for 225 + shipping.

6. Don Ricardo

Don Ricardo New Member

I'm serious, but understand. I usually get these clean for no more than $130. Just found one on Craigslist Boston for $100 (post id: 6699293393).

Thanks for responding and good luck.

7. Dudemeister

No Problem.
    Good luck with the Boston Craigs list

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018