Guitar Warehouse speakers

BGood

Reaction score
AMERICAN VINTAGE - 10" VETERAN.
Anybody use that one ?
Looking for now blood for one of my 2X10 cabs, to be used with Marshall Origin, Egnater Rebel 30 or Fender Super Champ XD.

CordovaNate

Reaction score
I have a set of WGS Veteran 10's in my 2x10, paired to Princeton Reverb head. They won out over:

Jensen P10R-F (or FEN)
Tone Tubby Alnico San Rafael's
Celestion VT Jr.
Eminence Ramrod

The Jensen's were very good. The Tone Tubby's were also very good and might well have won had I given more time for speakers to settle in. The Ramrods were simply not what I was looking for, and the VT Jr's just had some kind of "thing" in the upper mid's that MY ears just didn't care for. Lower power/SPL speakers were important to me, but the Ramrod's were something a already had on hand and pretty much already knew that they weren't what I was looking for...but a what the heck, give 'em a try type thing.

The Princeton is custom built turret board construction, but only difference is Power toggle moved to front panel, a mid boost toggle added to front, old on/off toggle in back now lift's NFB (though rarely used). That and a single pedal, a Rockett Blue Note, gives me all the edge of breakup/overdrive I'm looking for out of this amp, and for that, Vet's worked very very well. The Vet's have been in for about a year, but if I ever get tired of them, I'm going to give those TT another shot, as I still wonder about them.

BGood

Reaction score
They'll be used with either three of my amps. Fender Super Champ XD, Egnater Rebel 30H and a Marshall Origin 20H.

I'm ordering a pair. I just have to settle a question on shipping with seller.
Thanks everyone !

Last edited:

BGood

Reaction score
Speaker week for me it looks like. On top of the two Veteran which I love, I also got a used Greenback G10 at a great price. It replaces a Vox VX10 in the other 2X10 cab. It complements it up pretty good.

soulman969

Reaction score
Much like Eminence they produce some excellent speakers many of which are their take on Celestions and other popular models. I'm a fan of Eminence speakers myself but WGS speakers are every bit as good.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Recently, I've incorporated some Peavey Sheffield speakers with my Fane and Celession speakers.

The sonic tendencies of those speakers satisfy me.

BGood

Reaction score
Not a bad speaker, since it's an 8 ohm, I haven't used it with another 12". I tried it in different combos and it always sounded good, nice mids, tight bass. no piercing highs.

Latest posts