How's Your Weather Today?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

'Murica :beer:

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm with you on that, The dark Winter nights are depressing to say the least especially when we don't get many clear sharp sunny frosty days any more, It's seems to be constant rain & dark clouds. It gets dark here at 4:00pm this time of year & it seems like a long time before the daylight starts to get longer.

Another dismal wet day here with a high of 8C.

soulman969 likes this.
  3. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

The shorter days would be much easier to handle if not for my self-imposed semi-lockdown.

I used to go to the store and shop around several times a week just to get out and about more. Now it's once a week if that and casual nosing around has all but ceased. I've even held off getting a hair cut since May. I read, play, and work a bit from home with as little outside contact as I can safely manage.

Having had COVID early last March I know I don't want to ever feel that sick again ever. There was no real testing for it yet so the hospital simply called it the flu, wrote me scripts for some flu stuff, and sent me home to deal with it. It was about ten days of pure misery but I count myself far more fortunate than over 250k who have died from it here alone and the tens of thousands more who will before it's stopped.

Lancpudn likes this.
  4. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Grey skies, cold rain, daytime high of 59° at 11am and then falling. We got a Lancashire day in Memphis!

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

21C here today but possible heavy rainfall and thunderstorms might stop me from taking advantage of cooler temperatures and working outside. The rain is welcome of course.

6. Lancpudn

[​IMG] Frosty here today, I nearly went ar$e over elbow going out to get the milk off the door step, The decking is like a skating rink. :shock:

7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We got the predicted rain yesterday with a total of 30mm or just over an inch in a couple of hours. Lovely rain!

I was out in it walking town trying to buy an iPad for my wife’s birthday. I got saturated and the splash jacket I bought in Bath a couple of years ago is bloody useless. I came home wet through!
    The water in the carparks was so deep that the wake from slowly passing cars washed up over my ankles.

It was an absolute zoo in town, people everywhere and some silly things going on.

I finally snagged what I wanted on the other side of town and also bought a number of things needed inc. a BIG bag of dry dogfood for Bella. The woman employee insisted on carrying it to the car for me despite my protestations that I was fine with it. I really must look old these days~

I couldn’t buy a drill press anywhere as there is no stock so it looks like another sale going to the internet. My consolation was that my MIG welder arrived so I can muck around with that today.

The bulldozer to do my paddocks isn’t coming until next week now so we might head to Mallacoota for a few days.

Life goes on.

Lancpudn likes this.
  8. Lancpudn

It's another dark dank dismal day here with some light rain. Much milder today (11C) too as the icy morning was a jolt to the system yesterday. :ohno:
    We old fogies here get a £200 heating allowance every year & it was paid into the bank yesterday :yesway: just in time to turn the central heating up a notch :thumb:

9. soulman969

Current temp 28F. Several inches of wet, heavy sneaux on the ground with more coming down. So it's a "Winter Wonderland" day in the ol' Mile High city. But for the next week we bounce along with days averaging around 50F and sunny so the white stuff won't last more than a day. Typical fall weather.

10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

23C at Mallacoota today which is where we are heading.

11. Stillhouse

Stillhouse Member

Warm and windy. Turkey Day is forecast for 89F/31C!

Lancpudn likes this.
  12. Lancpudn

Holy Moly it'll cook itself in that heat :thumb: Another dark dank rainy day here with a high of 8C/46F

13. soulman969

Sunny, 50F'ish, sneaux is melting where the sun can get at it.

Time to get out and get some stuff done before the stores explode with shoppers over the weekend spreading holiday cheer, big bucks, and COVID.

14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I got up at 5 am to go to the toilet and the emerging morning, cacophony of bird calls was too beautiful to turn my back on so I grabbed my iPad and sat out. Yesterday was hot but today we are expecting around 21C, perfect in other words.

Bella came out for a cuddle then so did my wife...life is good!

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  15. Lancpudn

It's a cold brighter day and frosty this morning, 7C is the best temp today.

16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Sitting here on the deck at Mallacoota earlier this morning and caught a movement out of the corner of my eye and it was a young Koala moving to a tree about 20 metres away.

I climbed up about 10’ and sat there lookimNg at Bella and I and made its way down and was last seen heading deeper in the bush. It was a special few moments.

17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

24 C and a magnificent morning.

Walking on the beach was stunning!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020 at 5:16 AM
  18. Lancpudn

Cold foggy day here, Not a breath of wind with a high of 5C forecast for today, Feet up in front of the fire me thinks. :yesway:

Paruwi likes this.
  19. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

It was warm on the beach yesterday! Bella didn’t care and bolted head first into the breaking waves.

21C overnight and no covers and our maximum today is expected to be 25C. Summer knocketh~

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  20. soulman969

Severe clear and a bit on the cool side, 45F'ish. Sun finally warmed things up by mid afternoon so 50s tomorrow.

Lancpudn likes this.