How's Your Weather Today?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

This first time Gael used my yak cost me $3500, she took to it like a duck to water.
    [​IMG]

Davis Sharp, Lancpudn, Paruwi and 2 others like this.
  2. John

John Well-Known Member

There was no way I could afford the pedal version, they are pretty spendy but the paddling works just fine for me. Great looking kayak Digger.

Lancpudn and Digger like this.
  3. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

After a high of 57F yesterday today is a cool down day with a high of 40F then right back into the mid 50Fs tomorrow and Tuesday. Also had a couple inches of snow last night.

Tis' the season of freaky weather.

Lancpudn likes this.
  4. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

Sunny Spring like Day at ~ 15°C

Davis Sharp and Lancpudn like this.
  5. The Convert

The Convert Well-Known Member

Turning the corner?

Highs should mostly be above freezing for the foreseeable future. Fingers crossed.

Paruwi and Lancpudn like this.
  6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Rolled in @ 2AM a mere 15 hours after we set off. Roads were beautiful aside from dealing with non-driving idiots in Wisconsin. A stream of profanity punctuated by "cheeseheads" often passed my lips as I traveled the length of the state. Illinois traffic cleared nicely, though it is a rather fragrant state for some reason. I wanted to do the TN decent during the day, for obvious reasons.
    We plan on landing the rental early tomorrow morning. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Davis Sharp and Lancpudn like this.
  7. IGRocker

IGRocker Well-Known Member

Oof, settle down! Resident cheese head right here :rofl: To be fair, I have my SCCA pro-am license. But we can all agree that Illinois drivers are the worst!

Warming up to be a balmy 28f today. Heat wave!

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

9. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

What a difference a day makes! Sunny and 57°/13.8°, clear driveway and mostly clear street. All told, we had 9” of snow on the ground, the most in 40 years or so.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  10. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

We've got rain again this morning but looks like the afternoon will be dry :thumb: Still mild with though with a high of 11C.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Mid 40s all week so maybe spring is coming.

soulman969 likes this.
  12. soulman969

Don't like them FIBS eh? LOL

Take a tool down I294 any day of the week and it's like NASCAR @ 80 mph even in near bumper to bumper traffic. I'm glad I don't have to cope with that. Denver is bad enough some days.

Lancpudn and IGRocker like this.
  13. soulman969

Geez, just after 7 AM and we're already above freezing. High is forecast to be 58F and sunny all day so it'll feel more like 70F.

Lancpudn likes this.
  14. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

The did you that on purpose because you look like a Minnesotan. Nest time, leave the Viking helmet at home. :)

Lancpudn and IGRocker like this.
  15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Hmmmm? Some days when I go to pull out on the main road theres a car coming and I have to wait a minute....the pressure~

Up just after 4am and it’s 24C however a cooler day predicted at 19C.

soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I dunno man those chuckle****s on 53 were a source of much consternation. Charge up behind a guy, pass (or I'd move over) and then SLOW DOWN!?
    That said, they have NOTHING on Atlanta drivers. They're even worse than the lane jockeying meth heads on the decent from TN! I narrowly avoided 4 different accidents in Atlanta, and I was staying in the HOV lane!

We went smack down the middle of the state through windmill territory. Granted, we were blasting through at night but the drivers weren't all that bad. Set the cruise at 80 and go. We did have one guy rack up his truck on a concrete divider in a lane shunt construction zone, but that was about it. Managed to dodge that and proceed without much incident.
    :hmm: I wasn't even wearing my Vikings or UMD (Minnesota Duluth) shirts at the time. The plates on the rental were all schmoo'd up so that's out (Virginia anyway)... must have been the beard.

At any rate, we're back and I'm in quarantine. Furthest I'm going is the McDonald's drive thru in a couple days, maybe curbside at the hardware store for some project paint.

Oh and of course, the "nice" weather hits as soon as we leave. Near record cold for the majority of the trip, but now they're out in sweatshirts . :facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    IGRocker and Lancpudn like this.
  17. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

We went out for a drive today on roads that would have been impassable three days ago. It was glorious to get out and feel the sun.

Lancpudn likes this.
  18. Stillhouse

Stillhouse Member

Pretty warm, so back to normal.

Grass and shrubbery in my yard is pretty much dead after a > 24 hour period of below freezing. First time in 30 years down here a freeze has lasted longer than a few overnight hours.

Lancpudn likes this.
  19. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

It was a beautiful afternoon yesterday, the sun came out & there was some warmth in it too :dude: Got lots of seeds sown & went Skip dipping again :thumb: The house across the back was having a new roof & extension built so the skip was full of very good clean timber so I nabbed some lengths of 3x2's & lots of 2x1 slate batten, I spent the afternoon de-nailing them in the sunshine :yesway:

Real dreary day today with light rain & a high of 11C.

soulman969 likes this.
  20. soulman969

Just past 7 AM and it's 37F headed for a high of 57F under sunny skies. Another day of reprieve before we're back in the teens and the 30Fs under gloomy snow laden skies.....ugh. :frown: