How's Your Weather Today?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

we're down to 2-3°C - and even got some new snow

2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

It’s cool here today but not so cool that I’m not sitting on the deck at Mallacoota listening to the glorious bird songs. Coming here yesterday there were about 100 kangaroos in a paddock a couple of properties from this caravan park.

Only in Oz!

3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Snow? Yikes!

Paruwi likes this.
  4. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Apologies for my absence. I managed to slip on some ice and severely concuss myself early last week. Guess I got kinda weird sounding so my daughter had a neighbor check on me.

Next thing I know I'm in the hospital trying to recall how I got there to begin with. Nasty bump and some internal swelling but other than a foggy memory I'm as good as old. :D

No one at my age can ever be good as new. That would require transplants that haven't even been invented yet.

And now our weather report; High of 78F today under partly sunny skies. Cooling off tomorrow with rain expected but at least we seem to be out the our snow mode for the moment.

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Blimey! Soulman I hope you're on the mend soon. Sunny day here but zero warmth to it, The perishingly cold northerly winds are still with us with a high today of 4C. I wont be venturing outdoors much today. :thumb:

soulman969 likes this.
  6. soulman969

I believe I'm back to normal or at least what passes for normal around here. Took a few days for all the swelling to retreat but I was well taken care of and I'm good now.

Didn't think I hit that hard but I guess I caught a thinner part of my skull. No fracture fortunately but a decent size dent and bump.

Last concussion I had was years ago while skiing and I knew right away something was off. This one took a few hours to let me know I was getting a little dizzy and strange.

The nausea kind of capped it off which is when I phoned my daughter to let her know I'd fallen. Probably good that I did since I don't really recall the trip to the ER which is only a couple of blocks away.

I kept wanting to sleep while they kept keeping me awake. Ruined my whole day what with no grandpa nap for me. ;)

Raiyn likes this.
  7. Old Woody

Old Woody Active Member

I'm in Stuart Florida near West Palm Beach and as it nears 11:00 am its 74 degrees F and sunny. (that's 23 degrees Celsius to you wankers)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  8. soulman969

A little cooler today. Highs in the mid 50sF but so far no rain in sight.

9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

“Wankers”, that’s not very nice Old Woody!

However I hope that Soulman it firing on all cylinders again, unlucky thing to happen and the very reason I don’t do snow and ice....Grin~

23C here today.

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  10. soulman969

Let's just say all of the cylinders that can still fire are and leave it at that Digger. :rofl: What I feel most foolish about is it's the second time I've taken a fall on the way to my car.

The first was actually inside the parking garage on some black ice that was neatly disguised under a small water puddle. That one only cost me my pride and a bruised backside.

This one on the steps was worse since my foot went straight out from under me and I landed on my back but my head snapped back and caught the edge of the top step....OUCH.

Fortunately my daughter realized I was not making any sense when I called her and she knows I never get high in the middle of the morning. ;) By then it had been about 6-8 hours since I'd fallen and my brain was turning into mush.

The hospital got me right again and the rest was just that.....rest for a few days 'til the fog cleared. Could've been far worse and to be honest one fall I had about 13 years ago was far worse. That one was a pure face plant on my hearth.

And now the evening weather report; Hard cold rain driven by strong north winds. Lancpudin's kind of weather. :frown:

I feel sorry for him. I really do. :D

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Crikey you’ve had a tough time and I wouldn’t worry about Lancastrians, they are part Eskimo...Grin~

soulman969 likes this.
  12. Lancpudn

A cold hard frosty morning here but at least that Baltic north wind has abated, It was a day of snow flurries & hailstone showers yesterday, Things seem to have settled down today, bright day here with a high of 5C today.

soulman969 likes this.
  13. soulman969

The rain ended sometime last night but it was a real soaker which we can always use early in the spring to green things up.

Back to sunny skies and a high around 60F today. Gettin' more springlike now with each passing week.

Digger likes this.
  14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

*Heavy Sigh*
    Screenshot_2021-04-07-15-31-46.jpg
    Friends, I fear the days of Coolmax™ are nearly upon me once again. Whilst the dreaded 90° has yet to make an appearance on the forecast I am aware of its inevitability. Sadly, we never got cool enough for me to even wear pants casually (in FL at least) this past winter. So just as the concert T's have faded to the cotton-poly blend guitar shirts, they too will yield to tunics woven of wicking material so that I might have a modicum of comfort whilst living in Satan's armpit.

Meanwhile,
    Screenshot_2021-04-07-15-43-28.jpg

I just keep buying my lottery tickets.

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Lancpudn

We had a good amount of rain overnight & its wall to wall grey clouds here, The bitterly cold northerly wind has finally disappeared & it's turned milder :applause: we're back to double digit temps today of 10C.

soulman969 likes this.
  16. soulman969

Headin' for the high 60sF today under sunny skies. A good old fashioned Colorado spring day. Weekend lookin' good too. :D

Lancpudn likes this.
  17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

19C expected here with maybe 5mm of precipitation?

18. Lancpudn

Rained again overnight so damp & grey here with cooler temp of 8C, Going to be -3C temps overnight tonight again :frown: I'll be wrapping the seedlings up again in the greenhouse, I must get a greenhouse heater sorted out for next year.

soulman969 likes this.
  19. soulman969

Would a snorkel or maybe a box of sponges help? ;)

Seems like every day in Lancashire is monsoon day. :frown:

20. soulman969

Cooler today. Mid 50sF but still mostly sunny. Spring is finally taking a firmer grip.