How's Your Weather Today?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Well, I just penciled myself into a trip up to MN, in August. I need to handle some more family business, but at least this time my brother and I can be in the same house and not have Covid hanging over us.
    I'd have preferred another winter trip, but at least this time we won't have to pack for an Arctic expedition and I can bring back some bigger items.

2. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Creepin' back into the 90Fs today.

Later on I'm off to see my granddaughters and grand dogs. It's my double dose of happiness meds for the day.

3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Rain has about stopped but it’s cold with strong winds.
    Might head home later?

4. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Still in the Lancashire heatwave with a high of 23C today albeit overcast skies today.

5. soulman969

Just after 5:00 AM. It's about half an hour before sunrise and 60F in the morning twilight. Should hit the low 90Fs again.

Both of my granddaughters were sick yesterday so we had to call off my visit. Hoping for a better report from Mom and Dad and that we can reschedule for today. I miss them.

Lancpudn likes this.
  6. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

96°/35.5° and sunny, but with humidity, it feels like 108°/42°. Welcome to the smothering wet blanket that is a Memphis summer.

Lancpudn likes this.
  7. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

110 degrees, 4% humidity, dry heat my ass, I still sweat like it’s humid.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Bugger and you were so looking forward to it. Sorry to hear.

soulman969 likes this.
  9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Rain has stopped here now and over the last week we had about 3 1/2” and even put a little in our dam.

Very useful indeed.

Today 16C is anticipated.

soulman969 likes this.
  10. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Indeed. I roll my eyes at people in arid areas when they complain about the “high humidity” of like 30%. My counter to “Yes, but it’s a dry heat” is “So is my convection oven.” And when people from arid climates complain about real honest to God humidity, I reply “Yes, but it’s a wet heat.” Hot is hot, no matter where you are.

Darkness, Zero and soulman969 like this.
  11. soulman969

Thanks to some miraculous overnight healing everyone was well today do I slipped away this AM to enjoy the day with them and just returned now.

Rory is 9 mos old now and the spittin' image of her mother at that same age. It's like I'm looking at my daughter as an infant all over again.

Now I'm bushed. Sunday traffic was awful and once again our elevator is on the mend so after all that I had to hike up four flights of stairs.

I'm such a wimp :rolleyes: but dammit I pay for that elevator and it's been down since Thursday so it's been 4 days of climbing steps. :mad:

Digger, Zero and Lancpudn like this.
  12. Lancpudn

We have cloudy skies with fine drizzle and a high of 17C/62F I'll take this all day long over you guys that live on the Sun :rofl::D

13. Lancpudn

Glad to hear your grandaughters are feeling better :yesway: Ugh! traffic, One of my pet hates too, The older I've got the more I avoid it like the plague, I even choose the times of day car when to go out in the car these days to avoid the worst of it.
    Just looking out through the front window now & seeing another neighbour tear down his garden wall & rip up his lawn/flower borders with a mini-digger to make a driveway for his car, The amount of people working from home or lost their jobs means on street parking is at a premium on our narrow roads, These old houses were never built with cars in mind.

soulman969 likes this.
  14. soulman969

It's a hot one.....Like 7 inches from the noon day sun. :D

LOL....already 60F at 6:AM with RH at 80%. It's been far more humid lately than usual and come Wednesday I'm headed back to the Midwest where it will be like this everyday. Ugh. :frown:

Expecting a high of 96F today and no rain. Not even a bloody cloud for shade and comfort. Summer is in full force now.

15. soulman969

They were both in a very good mood and glad to see grandpa. I really do enjoy spending the day with them and with Mom and Dad. It's just normal family stuff when I'm there and not even like I'm a guest which is how I like it. We just play.

A one car smash up had traffic backed up for miles. Looked like the driver may have fallen asleep and hit a barrier between the north bound and south bound lanes. Either that or he was drunk. Not a whole lot of damage but the trooper had his car blocking a lane of traffic so two lanes had to merge into one. This despite all of the signs telling us not to block traffic lanes. Bunch of flippin' idiots.

Still pissed about the damn elevator. Two years ago it was out for nearly a month while they rebuilt it. One week ago they replaced parts in the control panel. Now last week they think it's a hydraulic valve. The doors won't open on the ground floor which has led to several people getting stuck and though the doors will open on every other floor they still shut it down as opposed to telling everyone to exit on level two.

There's six floors in this building and a whole lot of very angry residents right now as we wait for repairs. If it's not fixed today I begin charging $10 per day until it is and subtract that from my lease payment. Like I said. I pay for an elevator and I don't pay for what does not work. Too bad for them.

Lancpudn likes this.
  16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

85°F feels like 90° Supposedly, it'll rain this afternoon. I'm inclined to believe it. A "normal" pattern is a rush hour rain event. I used to joke that you could set your watch by it.

17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Things are still soggy here from all the rain we had last week but at least theres some gone into our dam this time. First runoff in about 18 months! Now the weeds will grow really well....Grin~

Currently 8C and heading for 16.

soulman969 likes this.
  18. Darkness

Darkness Active Member

Right at 90 today and will be hitting 100 this week. Not excited that our time with peaks of 75-80 was so swiftly passed and we are now headed to hot until the end of October.

soulman969 likes this.
  19. Lancpudn

Sunshine & blue skies with a high of 21C today. Trying to get a good nights sleep is getting harder with these warm overnight temps, I feel tired everyday at the moment.

soulman969 likes this.
  20. soulman969

We are heatin' up like an oven here and all over the West. Las Vegas saw temps as high as 117F and Phoenix hit 118F. It's like life in an over out here right now and we have some humidity in the 40%-50% range to go along with it.

Today's forecast calls for 97F but under cloudless skies we could easily hit 100F today or over the next few days before we may see a little rain and a cooling off into the 80Fs. We didn't have much of a springe. We just went from wet and cool to this.