How's Your Weather Today?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Blimey! that's hot for that time of day :wow:It was 15C/60F overnight here & I struggled to get much sleep in that :shock:.

It's another wall to wall sunshine scorcher of a day again with a high of 27C.

soulman969 likes this.
  2. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Highs '90Fs and low 100Fs aren't all that atypical for this time of year. We're looking at a similar day today with a forecast high of 95F. At the moment it's already 75F just before 8:00 AM.

If it's has humid as you've indicated I can understand why it's difficult to fall asleep. I have that same problem and my move back to the Midwest will require some adaptation to much higher level of humidity again and......mosquitoes. :mad:

We seldom get much above 50% RH here during the day time unless it raining or right before a rainfall. This time of year 20%-40% is about normal but in the drier seasons we can easily be as low as the teens and even single digits.

Even though it cools off by 25-30F degrees at night I still keep the A/C running to keep a steady 72F and decently comfortable humidity inside. I can't sleep if it's too warm or too humid either.

3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

14C expected and I see that humidity is still around the high 80’s.

In summer here, the ceiling fan over our bed is what allows us to sleep.

soulman969 likes this.
  4. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Warm but blessedly not humid, so I can give a stamp of approval on today.

soulman969 likes this.
  5. Lancpudn

Still in the heatwave conditions here, 27C & clear blue skies, I'm finding it really hard to get any sort of sleep in this weather, Looking at the forecast we've got this heat until Saturday. To tell you the truth I'll be happy to see lower temps, clouds & rain again.

soulman969 likes this.
  6. soulman969

5:00 AM and a comfortable 67F with 63% RH. The RH will begin to decline after sunrise and through the morning hours as we reach a forecast high of 91F so just a tad bit cooler today than the last two days. As usual we could see some later PM or evening showers as temps cool. Sun up is in about 45 minutes.

7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

15C expected here today,

8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Maybe you could move to Lancashire...it’s cooler there?

soulman969 likes this.
  9. Lancpudn

Another scorcher with a high of 28C today :wow:

soulman969 likes this.
  10. soulman969

Sweatin' to the hits today at 93F. Seems we're in our 90Fs cycle now at least for the rest of this month. Kind of surprising really given how much smoke and haze we've been getting due to all the fires out west.

It's also our monsoon season where we often get late PM or nightly rainfall which is producing mudslides in areas with burn scars from previous fires. Three people have died so far when their cars were swept up in floods.

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Transitions® doesn't offer lenses that darken to "welding goggles". Frack it's bright out there!

12. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I've been getting out at 06:00 to beat the triple digit heat here. After 09:00, I'm in the house with a cool drink.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Expecting just 12C here today which is getting about as low as our minimum daytime temps go!
    Brrrrr!

I’m sure there are a few of you that would love to swap???

soulman969 likes this.
  14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

You know how I like to compare my temps here in Floriduh with those up in MN? Well I haven't been doing much of that lately, because they're under a pretty severe drought situation. Suffice to say, a significant chunk of my old stomping grounds are under severe threat of forest fires, including possible spread from unchecked wildfires in Ontario’s Quetico Provincial Park.

It's so bad that the guy I have cut the lawn up in MN (not being posh, it's 1800 miles away) hasn't mowed in a month and a half. I got a text from him saying that it *could* be mowed, but he's afraid of frying it. He does the local municipal golf course too and they're only cutting the greens and tee areas, so yeah...

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

:laugh2: 12°C ≈ 54°F That's a nice spring day where I'm from.
    Call me when it gets to -40° C or F (they're the same) and we'll have a chat. :beer:

Digger likes this.
  16. Lancpudn

A tad cooler with a refreshing light breeze & not as oppressive (for here :D) today with a high of 24C, It's still wall to wall sunshine & blue skies but the weather looks to change after today :applause: I've been struggling in this heat, Heaven knows what it must be like for you guys who are enduring triple digit temps :ohno: , I spent some time putting up shade netting on the other greenhouse yesterday to stop the plants in there getting scorched under the glass :shock:

soulman969 likes this.
  17. soulman969

Just after 6:00 AM and the sun rises on yet another clear cool morning.

It's 70F right now and headed for the low 90Fs again but rain is approaching later tonight and tomorrow and with it some cooler air as the clouds roll in and the rain begins.

Lancpudn likes this.
  18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

16C today.

19. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I didn't realize exactly how bad it was. My guy sent me a picture.
    IMG_20210723_194344.jpg

That's the front lawn of my childhood home, cropped at the foundation of the house.

I've never seen it that bad, my brother tells me it hasn't been that bad since before I was born...

I was shocked. I knew that it was bad, but seeing it is something else.

20. Lancpudn

Wow! Raiyn the sun has dried that grass out, The weather is changing here from today & cooling down a tad, I need to make some room in the greenhouses which are already stuffed with plants as rain & winds are due, The sweet pepper plants that have been OK to leave outside in the recent heatwave will have to come indoors again.
    They put quite a growth spurt on over the last few weeks in the hot weather, Might even get plenty ripe red peppers this year instead of green ones.:thumb:
    Overcast skies with a high of 22C today, I'll take that any day over the stifling hot sunny weather....Bah Humbug. :D