How's Your Weather Today?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Grandkids are a delight and I’m jealous! That period is a way behind us now.

Here in remote East Gippsland we are to enjoy a sunny Winters day of 17C.

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  2. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

They truly are Digger. My oldest is a 17 grandson who lives over 1000 miles away so it's been somewhat punishing to not have been able to be close enough to watch him grow into the impressive young man he's become.

So having these two little princesses only about an hour away is like finding my pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I couldn't be more thrilled with them as I watch them grow. They can have all the love this old guy has to give.

8:00 AM and it's currently 79F with 37% RH headed for another high in the mid 90s. It's been this way all week and we even hit 100F on Wednesday. But come tomorrow we're expecting some cooling rain and temps about 20F degrees cooler before beginning to heat up again next week. We can use the break.

Paruwi likes this.
  3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

4. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Summer looks like it's been & gone here, Damp, grey skies & lots of standing water around. Top temp today is 17C.

soulman969 likes this.
  5. soulman969

Just before 8:00 AM and it's a very soggy 65F with 86% RH. We've had T-Storms and some hard rain most of the night and early morning. The side benefit is our high for the day may be no more than 75F which is 20F degrees cooler than yesterday. Tomorrow may be more of the same.

Here's a gratuitous pic of my one year old grand daughter Rory.
    rory makin dinner.jpg

Paruwi, Lancpudn and John like this.
  6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

16C here today and we had rain overnight, more expected today.

7. soulman969

Been rainin' here all evening triggering many flash flood warnings. Four people from one family were swept away in flash flood waters north of here a couple of weeks ago and they only found the fourth body a few days ago.

River canyons around here are cut through steep granite walls hundreds or even thousands of feet high and they're nowhere to be caught during a deluge when a wall of water comes racing down the canyon sweeping away all in it's path.

It's not as bad as what was experienced in Germany and elsewhere but in the past we've had some floods that were nearly as destructive to both property and lives.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

soulman969 likes this.
  9. soulman969

Thanks John. She's quite the toddler. Very happy and good natured most of the time. I enjoy spending time with her as she explores her world.

John likes this.
  10. Lancpudn

Lovely pic of your grand daughter soulmann :thumb: We have light cloud with the odd glimpse of the sun and a high of 17C today.

soulman969 likes this.
  11. soulman969

Thanks Ian. She's a treasure. Most easy going toddler I've ever been around aside from her mother who was much the same at that age. She obviously has a car load of her mothers genes. :D

It's just after 7:00 AM and a little damp and dreary so far but the sun is doing it's best to cut through the clouds. Presently a cool 62F w/87% RH. We're expecting a high of only 79F today so roughly 20F degrees cooler than our midweek high.

It looks like it may have rained itself out though. The weather radar isn't showing any rain activity around here through this afternoon so at least for now our monsoon has moved on after giving us a really good soaking on Saturday.

12. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I received a text from my guy letting me know that it rained pretty good for a couple days and now the grass has greened up and actually needs mowing. I'm well aware they're not out of the proverbial woods yet, but it's a start.

Lancpudn likes this.
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

17C here today.

soulman969 likes this.
  14. Strife_D

Strife_D New Member

40C here in Israel.
    Hope to survive the week.

soulman969 likes this.
  15. Lancpudn

Blimey! That's brutal temps there :shock: It's less than half that here. It's a beautiful day here with light cloud & sunshine with a high of 18C.

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  16. soulman969

Sunny with a slight haze at 8:15 AM. Currently 65F headed for a high of 85F. RH is on the high side at 83% as the rain we had on Saturday begins to evaporate from the ground. Probably end up in the 40%-50% range later today.

17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Welcome here and I hope you return to let us know how things in Israel are.

soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Just 15C and a couple of mm or rain expected, so mowing might have to wait until it dries off a bit.

soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  19. soulman969

Since I've been talkin' so much about our funky air quality I should show a pic of it. This was taken from just a few blocks from my old house before I moved. It's roughly 15 miles as the crow flies from downtown.

[​IMG]

Lancpudn likes this.
  20. Lancpudn

We see it on the online news sites about how far the smoke from those fires carries. You could almost taste that air just by looking at that picture.

Beautiful day here with high cloud & some sunshine, 19C top temps today.

soulman969 likes this.