How's Your Weather Today?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Dark Dank & Dismal here with light rain, Top temps of 16C today.

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  2. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Just past 5:30 AM. It's 60F w/54% RH which made it a good night for sleeping had I actually be able to get more than I got. Medical appt. for a checkup at 9:40 probably has me a little keyed up.

I'm at that age where like an older car you're taking to a mechanic you're never quite certain what he'll find. I have those things I want to focus on but I'll have to see what the doc wants to focus on too.

Gonna be partly cloudy today which will keep temps in the mid 80Fs so all things considered it should be a pleasant day.

Paruwi likes this.
  3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

They're calling for rain in the 5-7pm ballpark, can't say I'm disappointed by that news.

4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We had sone rain overnight and there is water lying on the groundout the front. More expected today and a cool 14C.

5. Lancpudn

It's another dark dank dismal rainy day here with a high of 16C, There are even weather warnings in place for periods of heavy rain later for good measure :rolleyes: I might get to use the wet vac machine in the garage later :shock:

6. soulman969

5:30 AM and it's a cool 55F w/93% RH. It's high from some of the overnight rains we had in the area but most of it missed us. Lookin' at a high of 81F under partly cloudy skies and no more rain in the forecast for this week so it's gonna be dry.

Not good news for my allergies.

Yesterday's medical appt went well. My back is a mess but other than that the Doc thinks I'll live awhile longer. :applause: The question is how do we go about treating the back issues so they don't get any worse than they are now. That will be our challenge over the next month or two.

Got my 2021 season flu shot and of course since it simulates a low grade flu infection I feel kinda crappy this AM. But it'll pass soon enough. It also looks like some COVID booster shots may be on the near horizon for us Boomers.

Paruwi and Lancpudn like this.
  7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I'll be getting my Flu shot for the first time in 25 years this season since it seems a bit hypocritical to be all for the C-19 vax and poo-pooing the flu shot.
    I don't usually get all that sick with the flu, hence my abstention, but with my luck I probably oughta get poked.

I'm all for the booster shot, I'd prefer the unvaxxed get theirs first, but I'll be among the first in line once my group comes up. I want to get back to concerts and clubs.

Lancpudn likes this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

So another cool day with 14C expected again. Looks clear outside though so maybe OK.

9. Lancpudn

Same over here! there's talk of a covid booster shot later this year for the older population, I'll be taking them up on the offer.:thumb:

It's a bit of a mixed day here with cloud & sunshine, Tad warmer today too with a high of 18C.

soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  10. soulman969

Rollin' up on 6:00 AM. Still pitch black outside with sunrise still about an hour off.

55F w/64% RH and we're looking at a high of 89F today under sunny skies. So our heat wave continues. Oddly enough I can recall a year or two from the past when we've had snow already by Sept. 15th. I don't mind the snow but it can wait for another month or two at least. I'm still in my warm weather mode.

11. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

C'mon lottery! Daddy wants to play in the snow!

12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’m a snow free zone...shiver~

So 16C here today and a clear cold morning so far.

soulman969 likes this.
  13. Lancpudn

Another mixed day of weather with cloud & the odd glimpse of sunshine, Warm & humid though with a high of 19C.

14. soulman969

As you can tell by some of my previous reporting our weather can get pretty crazy at times. We can have a high of 25F one day or night then hit a high of 75F the next day. 50F-60F degree swings aren't all that unusual some months.

I've played a gig in the mountains where it snowed on June 20th, my birthday, and we've had major snow storms here that have dumped 3' of snow in early May. This year was much hotter than usual with a record number of 90F + days.

In fact it's predicted to hit 90F again today which is about 10F degrees higher than normal for this time of year. Denver isn't actually in the mountains per se but they do have a lot of impact on our weather patterns throughout the year.

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

21C and windy.

soulman969 likes this.
  16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

The Mega Millions jackpot has reached an estimated $405 million for Friday night’s drawing after no ticket matched all six numbers drawn Tuesday. Powerball’s top prize is $457 million for Saturday night’s drawing.

If somehow I won, I would quietly get an attorney, a tax advisor and a financial advisor. At that point, I'd establish a trust or LLC. to take the lump sum payout. Then I'd be off buying my lakeside property with its long floating dock...

Things I won't do:
    • Invest in someone's business / restaurant.
    • Put my money into unsecured / speculative investments
    • Fool around with cryptocurrency
    • Become someone's excuse to do stupid shit thinking I'll bail them out.
    • Buy an extravagant mansion or a mansion in general.
    • Buy impractical cars. I'll have some old iron to fix up and play with, but no exotics. If I can't drive it on a back country road without hurting it, it ain't for me.
    • Buy "bling" I don't need to prove a damn thing to anyone.
    • Become a snob.

Stuff I'd do:
    • Get the Fadd9 out of Florida.
    • Volunteer work. A guy sometimes needs to feel productive even without the need for a paycheck.
    • Establish an education fund for family, (at least at first) not limited to college. A good trade school can be even more valuable.
    • Support local animal shelters. I'd like to be the old guy sleeping on the couch with the shelter cats.
    • Provide space for local artists, wherever I end up. An old theatre or something. I'd love to foster a "lessons for lease" situation - you don't have to teach me, but as long as you offer classes / performances to the community you can use the space. There would be a feedback channel for the community too.
    • Assist community outreach programs. People sometimes need a hand up. I wouldn't be above helping folks in need, but you've got to give back to the community in some form.
    • Have endless tinkering projects. I've loved playing with all sorts of stuff since childhood.
    • Travel wherever SWMBO wants to go. I'm a simple meat and potatoes guy, but she has stuff she'd like to see and that's cool.
    • Keep my ego separate from my money.
    • Give the rest away on my passing. SWMBO would be set for life of course, but anything beyond that would go to endowing the various things I'd become involved with.
    Eh, it's all a pipedream anyway. I've got it pretty good right now, I'd just like to GTFO of Florida sooner than later.

Lancpudn likes this.
  17. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

@Raiyn, sound list, although I will be buying a 1988 BMW M6 as my reward for sticking with the same damn non-paying numbers I’ve played for freakin’ ever! Based on wedding anno, her birthday, and daughter’s birthday. Maybe I need to play the lads birthdays - yeah, that’s it! My lotto karma is unbalanced!

Raiyn and soulman969 like this.
  18. Lancpudn

WoW! that's an unbelievable amount of prize money, Great list Raiyn.I stopped doing the main Lotto a while ago because I never won a penny in all those years, I do the National health lotto nowadays with all profits going to the NHS, prize money is peanuts compared to the main Lotto but I did win twice :dude: even though it was just a free try for next weeks draw :D Even though the climate in Lancashire is wet & grey I don't think I'd move away I'm kinda used to it, I was reading about the famous footballer Ronaldo who has recently signed for Manchester united & already left his £8million mansion after a month because there's no sunshine in Manchester & the sheep wake him up too early in the morning with their bleating :rofl:

It's an Autumnal feel to the weather today with a heavy dew covering everything, Grey cloudy day with a high of 19C today.

Raiyn and soulman969 like this.
  19. soulman969

As I was saying just yesterday, we can get some wild temperature swings around here. Well lo and behold last night a cold front swept in and drove the overnight temp down to 45F from a high of 91F yesterday.....told ya' all so.

It's just a tad above that now at 47F w/62% RH under cloudy skies and not expected to warm up to even 60F 'til noon when the sun breaks through and finally takes us up another 10 degrees. By late afternoon we may hit 75F.

What's even crazier is that tomorrow and Sunday we're right back in the 90Fs again for the 59th and 60th time this summer (another record) but then on Monday and Tuesday it won't even hit 70F. The temp roller coaster has begun.

20. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Cloudy with a good chance of rain, high today in the upper 70’s - and feels like it, and I love saying that! Pretty much the same for tomorrow, so maybe the festival that’s cancelled our market won’t turn into the Superspreader Event we all fear. The area in red is usually shoulder to shoulder from opening until the last drunk falls over, some years it’s 15,000 people.
    F5E5F967-1C74-48B4-A45A-44C68056A687.jpeg

soulman969 likes this.