How's Your Weather Today?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Feb 20, 2015.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Isn't most of what we do aimless chat?

In some of the threads like this one I imagine this place as a neighborhood global bar where we're all sitting around talking about the weather, gardening, or home repairs.

In other words the very same things we'd be talking about if we all lived in the same town of say 3,000 people somewhere in the world. In truth, I kinda like it like that. :D

Raiyn and Darkness like this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Another grey ol day here with a high of 17C/62F, I've not had GAS for ages, Years :shock: I cant remember the last time I drooled over Thomann's online site with their in-house Harley Benton models in Germany, Squires got a little too expensive here in the UK & I'm not sure how things are since Brexit :dunno: The last few things I ordered from Europe was a bit of a minefield of red tape, Same thing ordering from China to the UK since brexit too! The last few things I ordered from China where they had the usual cheap/free p+p options from their big EU warehouses in Germany,France, Russia are now greyed out on some of their sites & delivery from China only with a lot more expensive p+p.:dunno:

Darkness and soulman969 like this.
  3. soulman969

Relative to Sweetwater I don't believe you'll regret it.

With GC/MF on the skids and having an ongoing rep for being slow pay most of the time I see Sweetwater getting new inventory long before others do especially if it's a new release.

After 3 months MF still could not tell me when they might be getting in an acoustic I ordered that was on back order. In fact the rep indicted to me they didn't expect more period.

SW had four in stock so I canceled my order with MF and had my SW rep ship me the one I chose from the guitar gallery.

Five days later I had my guitar. A week or so later all four had been bought and I figured that was it for that particular model. It's not even on the Epi site any longer. Next thing I know two more show up on the SW site. Where did they come from?

I'm done with GC/MF. If they couldn't even give me the courtesy of telling me after 3 months they may never be able to fill my order I'll deal with those who can and the list is quite long too. But so far SW and Sam Ash have been two of the most impressive dealers I've done business with.

4. soulman969

Can't say I envy you over the Brexit deal. It was bit hard for me to make sense of it but then I'm not there so I never really had a complete handle on it anyway.

Guess I'm pulling an all nighter here trying to catch up yet from last week.

Rolling up on 2:30 AM it's a chilly 45F with rain. In fact we've had light rain most of the night. It's expected to end around daybreak which is 7:00 AM give or take a few. From there we'll climb slowly back into the 60Fs again with a high somewhere are 65F or so. Much cooler than last week.

The rain is widespread enough that come morning we'll see the very first dusting of snow on the mountain peaks in the high country. That will be the very first sign that summer is ending and fall is making it's entrance. Right on time too.

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Same. Though regrettably, I haven't set foot in my local Sam Ash since Covid started.

Beautiful place, jam packed with goodys, but in the before time (the long, long ago) you couldn't stand in one place checking out a guitar or walk more than a couple feet without another customer up in your Cheetos.

6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

It occurs to me that the “Where’s Lancpudn" thread became our spot for any topic, but whatever.
    It was a bitterly cold and miserable day here yesterday cold with strong winds and driving rain. We aborted a trip to town because of it and retreated to the comfort of our wood fire at home and stayed here!

Better today with 19C and no rain to speak of.

Raiyn, Lancpudn and soulman969 like this.
  7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’ve just been driving back from town and while I was in the car apparently we had a strong earthquake! It seems to have affected much of the state! Gael says the whole house was shaking violently and she was quite scared!

The epicentre seems to be in the ranges to the west of us and it affected all the Melbourne suburbs as well. Just heard it was 5.7 on the Richter scale.

Now Australia is generally pretty stable but even so earthquakes occasionally rattle us, just not often thankfully.

Lancpudn and soulman969 like this.
  8. soulman969

Just read that in my news feed a short time ago. Hope all is well there.

Digger likes this.
  9. Lancpudn

It's a grey drizzly day here with a high of 18C. The mornings are getting colder & damper by the week now, Time to start wearing socks again me thinks :thumb: Mind you it takes a few painkillers & a pot of tea before I can bend down that far to put them on :D

soulman969 likes this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Thanks it was very widespread and in fact was the strongest recorded in our state since European settlement. one bloke who was on a scaffold and fell off was hurt but isn’t in danger. There was quite a bit of property damage, older buildings in the main. There are emergency warnings out telling us to watch for aftershocks which could go for days.

It’s not as bad as it could be but as we are on the centre of a tectonic plate and not the edges, it is unusual.

soulman969 likes this.
  11. Lancpudn

Yikes! just been reading about that earthquake in your neck o the woods, Scary stuff indeed. Mother nature seems to going for the hat trick down under after the fires & floods you guys had earlier in the year. :shock:

Digger likes this.
  12. soulman969

Well the only thing earth shaking here at a few minutes past 6:00 AM is the temp which is a very chilly 39F w/80% RH and a wind chill of 37F. It's a long shot away from our 90Fs days and 60Fs nights of a week ago. Brrrrr......

Once the sun rises so will the temps rather steadily to a high of 80F so we'll see a +40F degree swing between the overnight low and daytime high. This is why we've long since learned to dress in layers around here.

13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Guess the suspension on the truck did a pretty neat job of handling the shake, eh?

Digger likes this.
  14. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Sunny and 73°/22°, no humidity to speak of, all in all a lovely day!

soulman969 likes this.
  15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

It’s alright. we’re pretty resilient!

soulman969 likes this.
  16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I was actually in the Honda and had no idea what was going on. I only remember once experiencing an earthquake while in bed one morning. It wasn’t much at all. "Did the earth move for you?"

Raiyn and soulman969 like this.
  17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

21C here today and the nicest day of the week so far.

soulman969 likes this.
  18. soulman969

It did warm up quite a bit today as we went from that morning low to a high of 80F

I got out of the ol' dungeon here for a lunch with my old business partner and it was nice to catch up on one anothers lives and our families. He's the one who took over my advisory business many years ago when illness forced me into a temporary retirement. It benefited both of us and he's still keeping it alive.

The day before I'd mentioned our over night rain and with the cooling temps I was sure the mountains would see a dusting of snow. I wasn't wrong. Here's a pic. The pure white snow and the golden aspen leaves make quite a nice contrast. Looks like something out of Lord of the Rings.

[​IMG]

Lancpudn likes this.
  19. Lancpudn

WoW! :cool: What a view, Thats breathtaking, Not envious in the least :rofl::thumb:

It's another grey, dank cloudy day & a tad cooler with a high of 15C today.

soulman969 likes this.
  20. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2021-09-23-15-39-40.jpg
    Booooooo

I'll take either of the following.
    Screenshot_2021-09-23-15-45-21.jpg
    Or
    Screenshot_2021-09-23-15-47-59.jpg

Thankfully, come mid-October, we'll start having cold cool fronts that will take things down a couple notches. I'll still want it to go colder, but unless I won the lottery overnight (haven't checked) there ain't much I can do about it other than find an excuse to go back up north for a week or so - something I doubt SWMBO would accept at face value.