How's Your Weather Today?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Brrr! hard frost with a blanket of freezing fog this morning, Top temps of 5C later today.

Otto99

Reaction score
Lovely day in the mid 50’s, perfect for hitting the grocery and hooch monger to lay by for the oncoming winter event. If Memphis gets 2 or so inches of snow/wintry mix, it will shut down for 24 hours. More than that could be a couple of days if it doesn’t melt. A lot more than that and we’ll be burning the furniture and foraging amongst the neighborhood for food. :rofl:

Otto99

Reaction score
So the Snowpocalypse has been postponed, now to start tomorrow evening and into Sunday. We are literally on the arse end of where they are predicting any accumulation, so we might get lucky. At least we’re not expected to get ice, as there are so many trees in this town power goes off everywhere when branches start to fall.

Digger

Reaction score
We had all the drama of a tropical storm last night when a small but intense weather cell passed over. Thunder, lightning and pouring rain made for an interesting spectacle just as the light was failing. The sky afterwards was magnificent but photos were a pale rendition of the beauty.

We’re having more of the same as I type. Just a smaller version.

Top of 25C and muggy as heck.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Cold hard frost covering everything this morning with top temps of 4C later today.

Otto99

Reaction score
A light rain has started, and the temps are beginning to slide down. The bride made a big pile of salted caramel cashew cookies, we have wine a plenty, and a well stocked larder. And we probably won’t need a bit of it, but it’s nice to have, especially the cookies.
And wine. :cheers:

Digger

Reaction score
Apparently we are under a tsunami warning this morning! An underwater volcano has erupted near Tonga in the Pacific causing concern for our East Coast, NZ and Pacific Islands.

Forecast today is for a max of 25C. Humid already.

Supersonic

Reaction score
We have a Winter Storm Warning again here. It's cold and rainy right now and it will change over to snow tonight. Total accumulations between 5 to 10 inches. It's still above freezing so the amount will depend on how fast the temperature drops.

The National Weather Service says "Any changes a degree or two either direction will have big impacts on final snow amounts".

The closest store is closing early so it's time to go get extra beer just in case it gets bad. Gotta be prepared!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Amazing footage of the Tonga undersea eruption captured by satellite. It's a grey drizzly day here but the temps have doubled to 8C today. :yesway:

Otto99

Reaction score
Where's the rest of it?

All jokes aside, I'm glad folks paid more attention this time.
Seems a bit more fell 2-3 miles from us, as some of the larger churches in that part of town cancelled services. Realize that doesn’t take much, but certainly more than what my photo shows. I can’t believe my driveway stayed so clean. Same scene, 4 years ago.
AE225852-8AA7-40CC-9E49-BB1296DF00D9.jpeg

Raiyn

Reaction score
Seems a bit more fell 2-3 miles from us, as some of the larger churches in that part of town cancelled services. Realize that doesn’t take much, but certainly more than what my photo shows. I can’t believe my driveway stayed so clean. Same scene, 4 years ago.
View attachment 16596
That's a bit more like it. :cheers:

Latest posts