Raiyn

Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-08-06-16-15-50.jpg
giphy.gif

Screenshot_2022-08-06-16-17-38.jpg
OIP.7lYPtEcYXD1PyeTaJrK_dQHaFL

soulman969

Reaction score
106 ( H.I 115 F ) 32% Humidity 29.96 In Hg Barometric pressure . Yes it's hot and I am absolutely bored !
Yup......That's hot. I prescribe some strummin' and pickin' to relieve the boredom.

It is definitely cooling off here but out in the noon day sun you wouldn't know it. At 5000' on a clear day it's like living under a heat lamp. We're at 82F now and won't get much hotter. High is forecast at 84F.

Looks like we may get some late afternoon or early eveing t-storms though. Not atypical for this time of the year and we can use some rain.

Digger

Reaction score
Interesting about the altitude and though we are not much above sea level UV radiation is pretty intense this far south. There’s a hole in the ozone layer over the south pole and it’s effects spread this far so getting sunburned can happen much easier than you might imagine.

14C and a grey day.

syco

Reaction score
Yup......That's hot. I prescribe some strummin' and pickin' to relieve the boredom.

It is definitely cooling off here but out in the noon day sun you wouldn't know it. At 5000' on a clear day it's like living under a heat lamp. We're at 82F now and won't get much hotter. High is forecast at 84F.

Looks like we may get some late afternoon or early eveing t-storms though. Not atypical for this time of the year and we can use some rain.
Only 101 F today , but had a " pickin' & grinnin' " family get -together today , so that helped .

Otto99

Reaction score
Stepped outside at a tick past 7 am to deal with the recycling, and could feel the sweat starting from the humidity almost immediately. Low 90’s and a chance of rain later. My yard is getting out of hand, and I’m not quite ready to take it on if my groundskeeper* can’t get to it before more rain.

*far more dignified than yard guy. 😁

soulman969

Reaction score
Just 14C here today and 98% humidity. I wonder what my job description would be? Groundskeeper/Lumberjack....Chuckle~

Nah nothing so fancy, just old fart in residence!
Based on other posts I'd call you a very hard working old fart though. :D

Cooler again today with a high of around 85F but it seems our brief respite from the 90Fs is over. Temps are creeping up again with low to mid 90Fs all the way through the rest of the week. Summer isn't losing it's grip anytime soon.

soulman969

Reaction score
The 90Fs are back. It hit 95F today under virtually cloudless skies. It's still 85F at 8:30 PM with a bright and beautiful nearly full moon in the sky to the south as seen from my patio. Gonna be a gorgeous night.

Latest posts