How's Your Weather Today?

Otto99

Reaction score
We've been in the late afternoon / early evening thunderstorm pattern for the last few days. Doesn't bother me in the least.
That was a normal summer day on the Atlantic side, but I do recall a week or two in August each year when the breeze wasn’t very strong, and there was practically no surf. Those days were brutal to endure, stifling heat and no waves. Kinda like Memphis. 😁

Lancpudn

Reaction score
93F today under severe clear skies. Summer rolls on.

Blimey! looks like we're heading for hot weather too over the next few days :shock: It's round two of sunshine, blue skies & heatwave temps of 29C/84F for my locality over the next three days :wow: Overnight temps make sleeping difficult again :frown:. I'll be putting the blankets on the greenhouse roofs again to shade the plants.

Otto99

Reaction score
More rain, 86°/30°, humid as all get out, and a yard getting dangerously shaggy.

Raiyn

Reaction score
That was a normal summer day on the Atlantic side, but I do recall a week or two in August each year when the breeze wasn’t very strong, and there was practically no surf. Those days were brutal to endure, stifling heat and no waves. Kinda like Memphis. 😁
On those days, chances are extremely good that the Gulf had storms overnight / into the morning. It switches back and forth.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
We hit 93F for awhile today but throughout the afternoon we had some cloud cover and a breeze so it wasn't altogether unpleasant outside. At 7:00 PM it's still 91F but headed into the 70Fs after dark and an over night low of 60F.

One thing about living here is that the nighttime temps are typically 25F-30F degrees cooler than the daytime highs which makes for good sleeping weather even during the hottest summer months.
In the part of Central California where I live, that's a nice cool day.

soulman969

Reaction score
Post daytime wrap up says we actually hit 96F today. "Man it's a hot one, like seven inches from the noon day sun"......LOL. Sorry, had some Santana playing earlier tonight.

But the hot day yielded to a gorgeous night with a pleasant 76F now just after 11:00 PM and a huge full moon in the sky to the south I just spent some time gazing at from my patio.

Overall it was a great day! :cheers:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Bah humbug, No sleep & this heat is unbearable, It's forecast to hit 30C today. I'm going back to a darkened room with the blinds closed driving trains out of the way of the inferno.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-08-12-16-22-55.jpg
Yup.... another steamer in the 'pit.
Screenshot_2022-08-12-16-24-01.jpg
Yeah... any wonder a guy pines for the fjords?

At least the donning of the purple is close at hand. New leaders guide the glorious Viking ship and once again cautious optimism percolates from Minnesota fans.
Sköl

Last edited:

soulman969

Reaction score
Friday yielded another day of 90F degree plus temps but tomorrow and Sunday we get a little bit of a respite and probably some rain to go along with the beginning of a cooling trend. Highs in the high 80Fs over the weekend then lower the early part of next week.

It's another gorgeous cloud free night with what I guess now may be a full moon. Once it's nearly full it hard to tell just at a glance because at 5000' above sea level the air is so clear it almost feels like you could reach out and touch it.

Venus is also in the southern sky trailing behind the moon as they make their nightly crossing from east to west as the earth rotates. It's so nice to be able to walk out to my patio every night and see them in a clear and cloudless night sky.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Yet another cloudless sunny 30C day on the cards with extreme heat warnings out:wow: There is even talk of hosepipe bans to conserve water down south, everywhere's still green up here thankfully.

Latest posts