I can't wait to add these on our set list !!!!

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
What song have you learned lately or what songs did your band got in your set ?

Wish I had time for a band... these days I'm just learning songs that I see on YouTube a lot (stuff like bits and pieces of Polyphia's G.O.A.T. and what not, all the songs played on the quad cortex ads since those keep popping up for me on Youtube etc...).

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Wish I had time for a band... these days I'm just learning songs that I see on YouTube a lot (stuff like bits and pieces of Polyphia's G.O.A.T. and what not, all the songs played on the quad cortex ads since those keep popping up for me on Youtube etc...).

Luckily, I got a few days off, due to the extreme heat we are having.
Sometimes, I play guitar at night , get 5 hours of sleep and then go to work.
I practice with my friends , sometimes once to two times a week, if we are lucky .

I like this new era, I could play music that I grew up with and more modern sounding music .

In the 1980's, I felt forced to play one style .
Once after a gig, I played with an band in the Hotel Lounge, playing some Beatles, Yes, 1980's Brian Adams, Animals, James Brown and Jimi Hendrix and the guys flipped out that I played that style too and having fun doing it .

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
That song's got a whole lot of quick pickin' for sure. Billy Jones and Hughie Thomasson where great players for that southern rock style.

I love those overdriven / cranked single coil / Strat with tube amp sounds and tones that got on those 70's Southern Rock tunes .... simply amazing !!!!

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Tonight, we played Diary of a Madman, for the first time with these guys.
I set up my Digitech 2112 to overlap the distorted program into the passages that have acoustic guitar , with no pause or glitch, just like a studio edit, it was echoing and the reverb tail faded perfectly .My Eleven Rack doesn't do that.
Plus with the Decibel Eleven Loop Expander, my cheap Behringer AM100 Acoustic Modeler w/ a BBE Stomp Sonic, in one of the loops, gave a great acoustic simulation.

The other guitarist / Keyboardist , has a Behringer Metal Pedal, I think it's called the Ultra Metal , it's purple with a concentric knob to handle the lower / upper mid range , is one great sounding pedal. He recently got a new housing made of decent steel to put the eletronics guts from the Behringer pedal and chuck the plastic housing .
That Pedal sounds as good as any distortion pedal out there .

Reaction score
Anyone doing old UFO stuff gets two thumbs up from me.:cheers:

I "only" got to see UFO with Paul Chapman, not a bad thing at all, in 81 and 82. IIRC (might have been 82 and 83, it was 40-odd years ago). And I saw Schenker with MSG in 82 and 83, again IIRC.

Last edited:

soulman969

Reaction score
I love those overdriven / cranked single coil / Strat with tube amp sounds and tones that got on those 70's Southern Rock tunes .... simply amazing !!!!
Along with another of our band members I was a huge fan of The Outlaws and The Henry Paul Band. Around 1981 or so we got a chance to see them play at a small club in Madison, WI where we both lived. They were the loudest band I'd ever heard. Deafeningly loud.

The only way we could actually listen enough to hear them well was by wearing our own ear plugs or going outside the club. Playing at stadium volume inside of a club with a capacity of maybe 300-350 people made it painful to stay inside for long so it was kind of disappointing for us.

Latest posts