Ibg 50s standard lp translucent cherry

Jared macneill

Reaction score
Hi my name is jared and I bought a 50s lp standard in translucent cherry like the Gibson lespaul classic and I gave it a facelift.

Now I can say I absolutely love this thing and it’s a blast to play or just look at, I got that Gibson lesPaul classic for the price of an new epiphone.

I should say I’ve been after the correct les Paul for the last 12 years and I found it in June .

The pickups are made by vineham and I have a 59 in the neck and a 6070( t-top) in the bridge
Brio knobs and a bigsby on the way .

And the amps are a 79 Mesa and a 74 twin reverb

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pics of your rig. That's beautiful example of a classic guitar. Please stick around and post with us often.

Love the Twin too also known as the "Loudest Fender Amp in the Known Universe". It's kind of ironic that our hostess for today's feast also has an original silver face Twin Reverb. She said she's never run it with the volume over 3 even during gigs she used to play.

She claims it buzzes badly and needs a lot of work to be playable again. Despite that I told her that if she ever wanted to sell it to let me know. Those are such classic amps with such gorgeous 3D deep tone it would be worth checking it out as far as repairing it.

My guess is were talking about replacing all the electrolytic caps and probably some new tubes for starters but in the long run it would probably be worth it to preserve an old "war horse" like that. You might want to tell us a little more about yours and how long you've had it.

Jared macneill

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pics of your rig. That's beautiful example of a classic guitar. Please stick around and post with us often.

Love the Twin too also known as the "Loudest Fender Amp in the Known Universe". It's kind of ironic that our hostess for today's feast also has an original silver face Twin Reverb. She said she's never run it with the volume over 3 even during gigs she used to play.

She claims it buzzes badly and needs a lot of work to be playable again. Despite that I told her that if she ever wanted to sell it to let me know. Those are such classic amps with such gorgeous 3D deep tone it would be worth checking it out as far as repairing it.

My guess is were talking about replacing all the electrolytic caps and probably some new tubes for starters but in the long run it would probably be worth it to preserve an old "war horse" like that. You might want to tell us a little more about yours and how long you've had it.
I only had my twin for a year in late September,
I was going to by a vibroluxe reissue but this showed up for cheaper than the reissue and came with the flight case, the previous owner threw in a set vintages 30s to Keith’s speakers he liked even though I offered him more money to keep the other speakers in it.

The tremolo didn’t word and the original footswitch didn’t work but a fella I met on guitar Canada fixed both issues after he restored my Mesa.

I don’t play it above three or else it get way to bright

Latest posts