It’s a good day for a new hip!

Otto99

Reaction score
I can’t wait for this to be over. And I wish someone had told me about Celebrex a long time ago, as it really helped knock the pain back. They started me on it a week ago, and I could walk around without feeling stabbed. It was quite refreshing! I’ll update after returning from the Land of Nod.

Digger

Reaction score
I can’t wait for this to be over. And I wish someone had told me about Celebrex a long time ago, as it really helped knock the pain back. They started me on it a week ago, and I could walk around without feeling stabbed. It was quite refreshing! I’ll update after returning from the Land of Nod.
Celebrex is a NSAID and whilst no doubt effective can represent a threat to your kidneys if taken long term. Nurofen is another effective anti inflammatory. Unfortunately I’m not allowed to use this class of drug having diabetes due to an already high threat to kidneys.

I’m happy to hear that it’s giving you some relief Greg.

Hope the procedure goes well and I wish you a quick recovery my friend.

Otto99

Reaction score
Just don't allow them to make your hip to be square. :D

Actually, that was kinda the problem to begin with! And hi, fellers and any ladies I’m unaware of! I’m home, I’m bright eyed, not groggy - but a large glass of wine with the afternoon Percocet went a long way in relaxation - and I’m surprised it doesn’t hurt really as much as it could have at any moment pre-op. @Digger, I only have one kidney to start with, and they’re aware of this, so I’m keeping a close eye on kidney function and will touch base with my urologist about it. But in the meantime and in between time…

soulman969

Reaction score
Actually, that was kinda the problem to begin with! And hi, fellers and any ladies I’m unaware of! I’m home, I’m bright eyed, not groggy - but a large glass of wine with the afternoon Percocet went a long way in relaxation - and I’m surprised it doesn’t hurt really as much as it could have at any moment pre-op. @Digger, I only have one kidney to start with, and they’re aware of this, so I’m keeping a close eye on kidney function and will touch base with my urologist about it. But in the meantime and in between time…

Glad to hear positive results so far Greg. Enjoy the wine and Perc. :cheers:

Oh, and your was a far better musical selection too. :dude:

Otto99

Reaction score
Day 2. Slept well, no issues, was stiff when arising, but that’s to be expected. Took a lap of the house, didn’t hurt much at all, but I still took a Perc anyway. The interesting thing today will be discovering what the handful of pills they gave me - on top of the handful I take anyway - does to me. Steroids, antibiotics, serious acid reflux meds, Tylenol, Celebrex, and a baby aspirin to prevent clots. In the take as needed handful are anti nausea and vomiting pills (yay!), and an antI-itching and insomnia pill. Can’t wait to see what those last two are for!

Whitefang

Reaction score
I suggest seeing a nephrologist about the kidney thing. That's their specialty.

Whitefang

Otto99

Reaction score
I suggest seeing a nephrologist about the kidney thing. That's their specialty.

Whitefang
Oh, my sweet summer child. I have a nephrologist, urologist, and the occasional endocrinologist looking after me with tender devotion. They’re aware of what I’m taking, and no red flags have flown. The kidney issues were back in the aughts, ending with the removal of old Lefty in December of 2009. It was also on my wedding anniversary. Tomorrow is my birthday, and here I am post op again. I’m a party animal, yessir! 🤪

Digger

Reaction score
Good news indeed Greg and may your recovery continue in a similat vein. Because of diabetes I was recommended to have a 1/2 an asprin once a day. I continued that in blissful ignorance until tummy problems saw the old tube down the neck trick only to find 100’s of little ulcers! I know, cause I saw the pic.

I just mention it as something to keep an eye on in the future.

Last edited:

Otto99

Reaction score
Well, a major setback overnight. Seems something in these pills I’ve been given post op amplifies the diuretic I already take, and on the third damn trip to the bog, something went horribly wrong in exiting the bed. At least the intense stabbing pain is in the muscle below the incision, so best case for now is a bad pull, worst case could be torn incision, and the sewing is inside the incision with glued outside. And @Raiyn , a friend who had this procedure said she itched really bad where the epidural shot was administered and that seems to be common. So today, which begins my 64th trip around Old Sol, will be spent in a Percocet and British Gran Prix fog. 🏎️ 🇬🇧 🦴 💊 🍷

Whitefang

Reaction score
Oh, my sweet summer child. I have a nephrologist, urologist, and the occasional endocrinologist looking after me with tender devotion. They’re aware of what I’m taking, and no red flags have flown. The kidney issues were back in the aughts, ending with the removal of old Lefty in December of 2009. It was also on my wedding anniversary. Tomorrow is my birthday, and here I am post op again. I’m a party animal, yessir! 🤪
That you're making another birthday on top of the dirt, I salute you. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :applause:

Whitefang

Otto99

Reaction score
So, the doctor’s assistant said the events of Saturday night weren’t all that unusual, so let the PT guy know about it when he starts folding me like a letter this morning. Would you like 1 Perc or 2 with your PT? 😊

Whitefang

Reaction score
Imagine that. YOU referring to ME as a "child". Me! Whom it seems was in the SECOND GRADE when you were born! 😁 Look kid. One thing I've learned long before I was in the same period of youth that you are.....

Griping cures NOTHING. Nobody cares to listen to your whining about aches and pains(unless they ask) except all the other old farts rocking on the same porch. ;)

Whitefang

Raiyn

Reaction score
So, the doctor’s assistant said the events of Saturday night weren’t all that unusual, so let the PT guy know about it when he starts folding me like a letter this morning. Would you like 1 Perc or 2 with your PT? 😊
Well that sounds just super! </sarcasm>

Honestly, once you get through the PT you'll be much happier about things.

Otto99

Reaction score
Imagine that. YOU referring to ME as a "child". Me! Whom it seems was in the SECOND GRADE when you were born! 😁 Look kid. One thing I've learned long before I was in the same period of youth that you are.....

Griping cures NOTHING. Nobody cares to listen to your whining about aches and pains(unless they ask) except all the other old farts rocking on the same porch. ;)

Whitefang
Sorry you apparently lack the wit and sagacity to realize when an off handed comment for offering me unsolicited medical advice is exactly that, as I had no idea what a genuine old bastard you really are. And as far as “whining,” if you knew shit about this group, you’d know we are the old dudes on the porch, we routinely share our health issues out of concern for one another, and if you can’t appreciate that, then you can bugger right off.

Latest posts