Looking for a Masterbilt DR-500 MCE acoustic with twin Esonic stereo setup.

Discussion in 'Epiphone Classifieds' started by Steven Smith, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Steven Smith

Steven Smith New Member

As the title suggests I’m looking for a Looking for an Epi Masterbilt DR-500 MCE acoustic with twin Esonic stereo setup and Grover Staytite tuning heads.
    I don’t want the new Fishman Presys version with only one pickup.
    Prefer the Vintage Sunburst but happy to entertain the Natural guitar too.
    Needs to be in very good/mint condition but contact me and maybe we can work something out.
    Thanks
    Steve

2. Mr.Moto

Mr.Moto New Member

Hey Steve,
    Just a heads up, and if you already know this, you don’t need my two cents.
    The DR500MCE is listed all over the place for sale online. But “Buyer Beware”, 95% of the ones I have seen listed for sale are refurbished, sometimes they state that and sometimes they don’t.
    When Epiphone rejects one of these, they sell them them to a second hand seller. They stamp used on the back of the headstock and put a gold/brass colored sticker with a non-Epiphone serial number on it.
    If you buy one of these and contact Epiphone to get some info on it, they will tell you it’s not their serial number, and it was scrapped at the factory and sold as such.
    Now, if you don’t have a problem with that, you can save yourself some money. I have seen many sellers though, selling these for as much as a certified real McCoy. Just remember when you go to sell it, some people will know right away what it is.
    So look at photos real close when buying one online.
    Bob

3. Kevin Lyons

Kevin Lyons New Member

I have this guitar for sale, but sadly I live in Germany and the shipping would kill you. It's an authentic Epi. I bought it in 2019 and the serial number states it is made in 2019. It is VS with the two outputs you are seeking. I really like the guitar, but I went with another acoustic recently and my wife says I need to downsize my collection due to moving. Maybe I need a new wife..hahahahaha...anyway, good luck finding one.