Looking for gold matching roller bridge and tailpiece SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by Waylon Torticill, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Waylon Torticill

Waylon Torticill New Member

My current guitar is a Epiphone 2008 Les Paul Standard. I am getting all new gold hardware (switch, pickup covers, tuners, etc.), and I'm having a bit of trouble finding a bridge and tailpiece that come from the same brand that are BOTH gold. If anyone has any suggestions for a combo that have good color coordination that would be under $100 please let me know. THANKS!

2. Shadow Explorer

Shadow Explorer Well-Known Member

If you can find the roller bridge, then the tail piece is easy.
    Tonepros, Allparts and schaller make rollers for sure.
    I would look at allparts first, as they are within your budget.

Personally i would go for hipshot (but it is quite expensive and without rollers)
    that would also be an upgrade to your guitar...

Welcome to the forums btw!!!

Waylon Torticill likes this.
  3. Waylon Torticill

Waylon Torticill New Member

Thanks for the reply! Are most of the parts that are "gold" usually the same color? Because my biggest issue is getting a bridge and tailpiece and them not being the same gold color, which would look pretty goofy.

4. Shadow Explorer

Shadow Explorer Well-Known Member

If you get parts from the same company, they should be in the same color.
    Same if you want matching tuners.
    Otherwise it's up to luck... For example I got lucky and my sperzel tuners are almost the same matte black as my hipshot bridge (all other hardware will be cosmo black\ruthenium\black chrome)

Personally I wouldn't pay for something like that just for the looks.

Tonepros is zinc alloys, some report that.
    Gibson and Epi most often is Zamak (alloys with a base metal of zinc and alloying elements of aluminium, magnesium, and copper. from wiki)

Schaller no idea. (might fit your budget after all)
    https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_an...e-o-matic_Bridges/Schaller_Roller_Bridge.html

Hipshot is aluminium

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I've had tonal success with the Philadelphia Luthier
    roller bridge.

[​IMG]

Which for all intents and purposes is identical to the one GuitarFetish (and others) sells only without as much markup.

As for matching, I don't worry about it. My stuff is all chrome. Besides Epi's are for playing, if they sound good, they are good.

Mike Petras likes this.
  6. TWANG

TWANG Member

See my avatar? I have roller bridge for the sheraton, and I have a roller bridge on my epi lp. On both models.. from ebay..listed as gibson and epi 6mm studs... I had to raise the bridge posts up high.. so they'd wiggle.. that gave me room to fit the bridge and then lower the thing down.. one side at a time.. small increments until I had the right action. If you try it with the bridge posts lower you can't fit the thing on. It has to have some room to wiggle. BUT they both worked just fine. both have whammys... bigsby on the paul and I just tried this chinese model on my Blondy... works perfect. ps? how the heck do you load an album? and how do I post a new thread?