LP Ultra club ?

elephantrider

Reaction score
there was one on local c'list forever that I should have picked up. the finish looks similar to the laz and '59 models... is it? either way, that's an awesome geet.

BGood

Reaction score
there was one on local c'list forever that I should have picked up. the finish looks similar to the laz and '59 models... is it? either way, that's an awesome geet.
Thanks.
Yes it does have that '59 finish vibe. I sanded the poly to get there. It was a little too blingy for my taste. Here's a before/after picture.

Avant-après.jpg
It is heavily chambered and has a nice cut in the back.

Chambered.jpg

Back-.jpg
Being chambered gives it a semi-hollow tone. I now have unwaxed Tyson Tone PAFs in it and it tends to howler when played loud and my hand hovers over the bridge pup. So I tried something last night, I compressed dense foam under the pickups and it totally cut out that problem.

20170411_052722.jpg

Raiyn

Reaction score
So I tried something last night, I compressed dense foam under the pickups and it totally cut out that problem.

20170411_052722-jpg.16155
I see no foam....

Darkness

Reaction score
I really like what you've done with yours. The black rings around the pickups go well with the black dials and I think look much better against the top. Removing the gloss was a bold move and looks beautiful.

Any full pics? Did you swap the tuners for a darker color?

blownmiata91

Reaction score
I just bought a 2006 Epiphone Les Paul Ultra, so I thought I should join this forum. It's a cherry sunburst. Came with a Gibson chainsaw case that is probably worth almost as much as the guitar. So far, not a fan of the stock pickups. They are fine when playing clean, but muddy with pedals, so I will probably upgrade the pickups

BGood

Reaction score
I just bought a 2006 Epiphone Les Paul Ultra, so I thought I should join this forum. It's a cherry sunburst. Came with a Gibson chainsaw case that is probably worth almost as much as the guitar. So far, not a fan of the stock pickups. They are fine when playing clean, but muddy with pedals, so I will probably upgrade the pickups
This guy has the stock pups in his. Sounds pretty good to me.
When they say tone is in the fingers ...
Since I saw that video, I've been on the lookout for a Supersonic :)

TheDrJFever

Reaction score
I have an Ultra III that I’m thinking about some heavy duty mods. I’m going to keep the nano, PB’s and add an Alnico Pro. Using a Freeway 6 way toggle for pup switching. Also have a Floyd FRX that I’m thinking about adding. Before photo…

full