My love/hate relation with Walmart

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Biddlin, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

For a little over a year now I have been shopping online for groceries. It saves me a lot of loading and driving and I usually like the results. Last two orders have gone haywire. one arrived 24 hours late. Today one that I was in the middle of placing stopped working and said "lost internet connection."
    I reconnected, saw that my cart was empty so I went through the process again, selecting express delivery ($10 extra). Second order arrives well within the two hour window and I put it all away happy that I have the food for people and pets and ready t get down to slacking. About 30 minutes later the first order arrives. Now none of this is the Door-dash drivers' fault. It isn't even the fault of the warehouse guy who loaded up the goods and set them out for delivery. It is the failure of the IT guy who apparently left a big enough hole to allow orders to be sent before someone has clicked "submit order." And of course mine, for being too lazy to do the shopping myself.
    If I have to drive to heck and back, I'm joining COSTCO.

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that dilemma but being overstocked seems much better than being under stocked. Given how many times I've read about hacks and ransomware attacks it comes as no shock that companies have left themselves open to it via poor security measures and/or lousy programming of their dedicated apps.

I'm fortunate enough to live a block away from my supermarket and getting out to grocery shop and admire pretty young woman in their summer attire :wow:is one of the highlights of my week. :naughty:

As for Walmart and me there has never been any love and whatever hatred I may have once had has long since turned to apathy. I refuse to shop there so the damn place could burn to the ground tomorrow and I would not shed a single tear.

Lancpudn and Biddlin like this.
  3. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

When I lived in what my missus referred to as the "Ghetto" I was walking distance from all manner of shops and cafes, but I was convinced to "move out to the outskirts of town."
    I actually miss it, but this house is nicer, for sure. I hate driving and parking so delivery is the alternative, I guess.

soulman969 likes this.
  4. Charles

Charles Member

I love wally world. That's where all the loose women are :dude:

J/K :)

Lancpudn and soulman969 like this.
  5. Cozmik Cowboy

Cozmik Cowboy Well-Known Member

WalMart is evil. Period.

They destroy local businesses (actually target what order they will put them out of business, drop their price on that item - and when the local place closes, jack them up & move on the the next business), exploit their employees (40 hours & you're full-time? OK, you work 38), get taxpayers to subsidize their profits (they have classes for new employees on how to get food stamps & Medicaid, rather offering living wages & actual benefits), and their prices are not low. My wife insisted they charged less for a 20 lb. bag of Iams than the Petco or Farm & Fleet. Well, they charged a bit less, and it was the same size bag - but it was 17 lbs. Actually higher per ounce. The place is full of crap like that.

Avoid it like the plague; as I said - they're evil.

Caddy likes this.
  6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We seem to have done just that!

No Walmarts here!

Cozmik Cowboy likes this.
  7. soulman969

Yup, here's one now with her pet husband in tow.

[​IMG]

Lancpudn and Charles like this.
  8. Charles

Charles Member

Epiphone content (if you can hang that long lol)

9. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

LOL I must admit I have a good laugh at those Walmart videos on youtube, I always think what would Buford T Justice say!!! :rofl:

[​IMG]

10. soulman969

That's even scarier than the real thing at my local trailer park trash treasure pit.

I'm happy enough to pay the longer price at Target or order from Amazon if only to avoid the daily costume parties Wallymart hosts. A guy can take only so much fugly.

Lancpudn and Charles like this.
  11. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Dude, seriously, do it. We saved enough on the car rental back in February to make the membership dues a non issue and SWMBO just got new glasses at a far more realistic price than any of the eyewear chains. Same general lens type, addons, etc. as mine (different frame and 'script) and it was a third (?) what I paid at LensCrafters with "free" frames (some promotional deal). That's even accounting for insurance.

Lancpudn likes this.