New guy with ES 339 P90 Pro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wannabe, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Wannabe

Wannabe New Member

Hello,

I was looking for information on tuner sizing and specs for my above described Epi and one of the Google searches took me here. I'll look around and soak in as much info as I can.

I look forward to learning for the experts.

Thanks,

Wannabe

Paruwi likes this.
  2. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Epi Land from one ES339 P90 Pro owner to another.

Is it just the tuner specs you want or other specs as well?

Wannabe likes this.
  3. Wannabe

Wannabe New Member

Hi Soulman and thanks for replying. I want to know which Kluson Revolution locking 19:1 to order. Will I also need to order a reamer. Will the screw holes line up. Thanks in advance.

This is the one I'm hoping drops in.
    Kluson Revolution Tuners - 3x3 No Collar Pearloid button - Chrome KEDPNC-3801C

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  4. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

Just curious why you want lockers ? Ease of stringing up, tuning stability or only aesthetics ?

Wannabe likes this.
  5. Wannabe

Wannabe New Member

Ease of string change and better tuning precision. I have a Graphtech TUSQ nut. The stock tuners tend to under and overshoot the pitch. I have read 19:1 Klusons are superior for tuning precision. It stays in tune well enough; and if I was only focused on aesthetics, I would go with Schaller or Waverly open backs. In fact, open backs are still in the back of my mind. My only concern with open backs is the reduced mass could have a down side and I give up the ease of use. But if I were to look at the back of my headstock everyday the open backs are the bomb.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

If you'd prefer open back lockers....

I have a solution:
    Hipshot-1.jpg Hipshot-2.jpg
    Hipshot Open Gear chrome locking tuners with Universal Mounting Plates. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hipshot-Ch...uitar-Machines-3x3-Tuners-w-UMP/111585674824?

Made in upstate New York. They're a day 2 upgrade for me. 18:1 but they don't suffer from gobs of backlash like other tuners I've encountered.

You've certainly gotten nicer about it, but why do you feel the need to question everyone who wants lockers? A dude wants what a dude wants.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021