NG...W? Guild 240e

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Darkness, Nov 25, 2021 at 8:34 PM.

1. Darkness

Darkness Well-Known Member

I've wanted a Guild for a while. They're hard to find in shops near me. I have a hard time pulling the trigger in an online sale without playing a guitar in person. Over the last year I got my hands on an OM 240e, it played very nicely but I wouldn't buy one because its too similar to my Taylor 114e. I got to play a D120e and almost bought it but spotted a crack and passed. As much as I would love a higher end Guild, I wanted a dreadnought on the cheap end that I could take with me to camp or to the beach or even just the backyard and not worry much.

While looking for a P90 powered LP Special, I stumbled upon a killer deal on a Guild 240e, nearly 25% off retail. I almost ordered but decided to check with my SW guy first. He said they don't normally match and that insane deal is close to cost, but he matched it. To help balance things and get a better guitar I got the setup and strings while at it. Tax and all, still under normal price.

A week later it showed up. I let it breathe in the box for 2 days and when I got a moment I played it. It was about half a step down but tuned up easily. Action surprisingly low yet intonation is good. Tone is not as deep as I had expected but the sound is pretty good. This does have a layered sides and layered arch back. It's comfortable to play, and to me the colors are beautiful. I've been playing it daily, haven't really put it down.

Here's some pics I took on lunch break when the sun came out. I didn't have time to wipe it down.

Attached Files:

Paruwi, Davis Sharp and soulman969 like this.
  2. Darkness

Darkness Well-Known Member

20211125_173718.jpg I don't see what the big deal is...
    Screenshot_20211125-173223_Gallery.jpg

3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Good looking guitar.

Darkness likes this.