NOT FAIR... YOUTUBE

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by PeterOeh, Apr 21, 2018.

1. PeterOeh

PeterOeh Member

a little over a week ago youtube terminated my main channel. /CyberReLoad
    a channel i had to close to 10 years, 392 video upload, 3000+ subs and 750000+ views.
    ya it was a small channel but it was mine and it meant alot to me.
    the point is my account was in GOOD STANDING, then i get ONE strike on a 3 year old video about topping cannabis plants.
    That strike took down my whole channel.. no 2nd or 3rd strike..
    i lost so many great videos i can never get back, original guitar songs, guitar covers, vlogs, 8 years of cannabis grow journals.. all gone.. by ONE fucking strike..
    my appeal was turned down within 30 seconds - what leads me to believe that the appeal is nothing more than a automated response.. if not, how can a human being review my video and email and respond in 30 seconds, and claim its a fair process ???
    yet channels like vice have videos up about meth, heroin, krocodile, coke and all other kind of shit, even showing ppl shooting up.. but my video about topping flowers is a severe break on youtube policy ??? it fucking blows my mind..
    IF anyone know how to go on, i mean, there gotta be some kinda way to contact youtube beside that BS appeal link who clearly is automated.. ANY and ALL help is really appreciated..

i created a new youtube channel, that strickly gonna be guitar related : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCheREVGQCl3SyaLzF34W18g?view_as=public
    It would really help alot of anyone feel like stopping by and drop me a sub, its fucking hard to start up a youtube channel in 2018 from scratch..

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    BlackSG91 and IGRocker like this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

That really sucks to lose all your content like that to some automated youtube appeal, there's got to be some other avenue to follow, maybe there's a youtube video on how to go about this!!!

I have a dailymotion channel as well as my main youtube channel that I upload all my videos to as well.
    Hope you can can lucky and get it sorted out.

3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Ugh. Good luck.

4. Jay Bones

Jay Bones Active Member

Yeah, that sucks!

5. LSAR

LSAR Well-Known Member

YouTube sucks, and the reason for their crackdown across the board is fairly political so that can be left alone.

I've never uploaded anything, but had an account, liked videos, commented on things, etc. and I recently deleted my account because of their behavior as an organization, which is in my opinion totally irresponsible. The end offers you a nice box to explain why you're heading out. I expressed myself pretty clearly and no doubt it'll be ignored.

I'm sure their appeal system is quite automated and no doubt deeply, deeply flooded right now. I'm not sure if there's a limit on appealing again or a time limit before doing so but I would give it some time and try again if possible in your position.

Stuart likes this.
  6. IGRocker

IGRocker Well-Known Member

YouTube and Facebook have been extremely political as of late. I’ve trimmed my Facebook down so that I only have car, guitar, and long distance friends on my feed now. If it weren’t for that, I’d have deleted it already. YouTube is just too useful in my field, and there’s so much educational on it.

Part of me wishes technology was gone, but alas, no escaping it at this point :dunno:

LSAR likes this.
  7. IGRocker

IGRocker Well-Known Member

Personally, I would be emailing them and ripping any support they have a new one. Let ‘er rip tater chip!!

8. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I never bothered with Facebook, though I did have a MySpace account back when that was a thing. Friggen thing looked like a GeoCities page!

If you don't have my phone number, you don't need to know every detail of my life.
    That philosophy kinda proved useful last election when I wasn't swarmed with Russian propaganda trying to stir ish up one way or the other.

IGRocker likes this.