NPD - Donner pedals

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by Steven Howes, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Steven Howes

Steven Howes Active Member

I must have been high one night and i ordered a Donner Stylish fuzz and Echo square delay pedal.

A) stylish fuzz is the lamest name for a fuzz ever
    B) It's a Big Muff clone and I already have a big muff (that's what she said)

First impressions... it's solidly built. Feels really solid, whether or not it holds up is another thing but it was $40 so if it breaks in a years time, oh well.
    Playing it last night I was really impressed. I may like it better than the BM. It's not as out of control as the muff. Also has more midrange, which is one thing I didn't like about the muff. I put an LDO overdrive infront of the muff to inject mids. Not as fizzy now. In the muffs defense, I'm a set it and forget it guy. I may not have spent enough time with it to find it's sweet spot. I found it with the LDO + muff combo so I moved on.

The delay is nice too. I don't use a lot so for me if it echos, it's all good. 7 Modes 5 of them nice. there was a mod and sweep that sounded like garbage to me, but that was 1/2 an hours fiddling. Those settings may have needed tweaking.

Al in all very pleased with these super cheap pedals. 8/10 will buy more.

CheshireFrog likes this.
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

I have a Donner Yellow Fall delay. I like it. It has 3 knobs, one fewer than your Echo, so I don't have to think too much. I don't gig and I'm cheap, so that brand fits my lifestyle.

I might have to check out the Stylish Fuzz (braided? moussed?). My current distortion pedal cuts the volume too much.

John likes this.
  3. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

I have this. Just great.

[​IMG]

4. Steven Howes

I would have bought one of those too, but I found a polytune on sale in November. I was using the clip on tuners but pedal tuners rock! I am a convert to all things pedal based. I have a modlling amp with everything built in, Ive shut everything off and went with clean amps for all my presets. Modellers may be handy for having all effects available, but not useful when you have to log into an app, trust that bluetooth will even connect to the amp just to turn something on or off. I'm done with them.

BGood likes this.
  5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I got my hands on a Korg PitchBlack Advance pedal basically for free, and I agree, I'll never go back to depending on clips again.

That's why I like my Katana 50. Simple. Program two (now 4) user channels, put whatever pedals you want in for effects, and you never have to hook it to a computer again.

6. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

What is that amp ?

7. Steven Howes

A line 6 amplifi. A good deal when I got it but I hated using the app to set all the pedal settings. I still like the amp, I just like buttons on pedals better than an app

8. Fullmoon 1971

Fullmoon 1971 Well-Known Member

I love mini pedals. Most of my effects are mini's by either Donner, Rowin or Hotone. for the price these just can't be beat.

Blackstar LT DUAL
    Hotone “BLUES” overdrive
    Rowin LEF-315 “Dumbler”
    VOX “JS” Satchurator

Hotone “WALLY” Loop Station
    Rowin LEF-332 Looper

Rowin LEF-662 Reverb
    Rowin LEF-3803 Pure Echo
    Rowin LEF-3809 Tape Echo

Donner Wah Cry (Wah & Volume Pedal in One)
    Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95

Donner Alchemy Modulation Pedal

9. Steven Howes

My power spply finally came in so I can now plug everything in. I didn' even know donner made a way. How much was it? I just bought an EHX cockfight so I'm not in the market. Just curious. Also, where do you get your rowin? I see them reviewed online but never for sale.
    I just (2 minutes ago) found out that outlaw effects are Canadian! This may change my next pedal purhase...

10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I keep bouncing back and forth between looking at Hotone and Tone City.

Guess it's time to say screw it and go Food series Danelectro....

11. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

In the US, they're available on Amazon. This link may not work for you if it's US-specific.

I like mini pedals, mostly Donner and Mooer, because they give me more room on the pedal board for stuff that I may not need.

12. Steven Howes

Thanks for the link. I just tried searching amazon and I see all of them now. Maybe I was spelling the name wrong before, as someone who sits in front of a computer and codes all day, my typing skillz are horrendous.