Prophecy extura from Sweetwater

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by Veonix, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Veonix

Veonix New Member

I ordered one of the extura’ in late December 2020 from Sweetwater and still haven’t received it... I’ve called my personal sales engineer multiple times and they keep saying it will come in a few weeks or so but it never comes. Is anyone else having this issue or know why this is happening?

RastaRon likes this.
  2. Jeffytune

Jeffytune Well-Known Member

3. RastaRon

RastaRon Member

Trust me...
    It's worth the wait! 20210429_174326_2-1-min.jpg

4. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

I call that the Saturday Night Fever style body. :D

[​IMG]

5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I've got one of the new Squier Contemporary Series Jags, on preorder from Sweetwater and it's the same general story.
    https://thecapitalist.com/covid-19-outbreak-in-southern-china/
    People are getting sick (this time with the Delta variant) and the lack of manpower is disrupting global shipping. A LOT of people aren't getting their stuff it ain't just our guitars.

I've chosen to be patient with Sweetwater, I even joked with my rep that I just want them to throw some extra candy in the case this time.

vomer and Darkness like this.
  6. Todd Pire

Todd Pire New Member

Paid and ordered an Epiphone Prophecy Extura from Sweetwater Music November 2020. Sweetwater are getting no answers just the same as all of us. I have contacted Gibson/Epiphone several times regarding the issue. They basically refuse to disclose the facts or even acknowledge the issue. I know that truth sincerity go a long way and due to their lack of, this will be my last Epiphone purchase. I was worried about quality control issues until the news was out that Epiphone was on the up and producing top notch product. Now? Waiting. Worrying.

Todd Michael Pire

7. Todd Pire

Todd Pire New Member

8. Todd Pire

Todd Pire New Member

Thanks!!! This is what I like to hear.

9. Space1999

Space1999 Well-Known Member

I have been buying at Sweetwater for 20+ years. There is a reason, they never let me down or rip me off.

As for Epiphone, they are making amazing guitars, they are just having the same problem as everywhere else. Shortages due to catastrophe, limited availability of goods and manpower etc…

You will get your guitar, and I bet you it won’t be your last Epiphone either. :cool:

Pat

10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

OK, now that I've gotten rid of all the formatting in your post and can actually read the post without giving myself a headache I can address your concern.

In case you've been under a rock for the last year we're dealing with a global pandemic which has had quite a few ripple effects on the global economy.
    The following video should explain things.

I can tell you right now that you have not been charged for your guitar. I've bought several "new release" / "on the way" items from Sweetwater and they don't take your money until they have something to send you.
    Berating your rep won't make them get it to you any faster. They're not sitting around thinking up ways to screw their customers and the last thing they want to do is disappoint us. If we're happy, we buy more crap which means better commissions.
    Gibson / Epiphone can't fix the (current) problem for you or anyone else immediately either.

You have a couple choices:
    1. Wait patiently like everyone else who has a guitar on backorder - including me.
    2. Cancel your order.
    It sucks that we have to wait, but that's just how it is.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Space1999 likes this.
  11. Darkness

Darkness Well-Known Member

They keep putting those red hots in my candy bags. I ate one last time thinking "as a kid I could barely handle these". I'll say it, as a grown man I can barely handle them.

Space1999 likes this.
  12. Space1999

Another option, buy used if your impatient.

Pat

13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with that honestly. They didn't send any when I bought GIR. I grumbled about it to my guy on the follow-up call and we had a laugh - been sort of a running gag lately. There's plenty of space in an SKB TSA JM / Jag case for candy though. :naughty:

Ahh, but the problem there is that this is a new model.

OTOH, my Jag has come out in a similar variant a few times, but not with a roasted maple neck and some of the appointments this version has. So I wait, and collect enough parts to rebuild it a dozen different ways.... I bought knobs from Portugal for crying out loud. They're beautiful, but I won't know if they "work" until the global balloon knot gets worked out.

I should clarify, I know this for a fact because my rep is under orders to call me before they charge large items so I can move money into that account. He will also make sure it gets shipped within a certain window so I can be home, or make sure SWMBO is available to snag it. These are only a couple reasons why I do business with Sweetwater.

Space1999 likes this.
  14. Darkness

Darkness Well-Known Member

There is an off road parts vendor who I have spent a lot with. My first 2 big purchases were sent factory direct, so never passed through the vendor. A friend ordered something cheap that was in stock and it came with a candy bag and stickers. On my next order I called them and jokingly said I spent $1800 and got no candy, they sent me 10 bags of candy and a dozen stickers hahaha.

I appreciate the little gifts some vendors send.

15. Space1999

Yeah, if I am spending over a couple hundred dollars I always call my Sweetwater rep, unless its a used item on Reverb.

I can hang up the phone and relax.

Pat

16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

My first order with Sweetwater was a few packs of strings, and it arrived the day (or day after) my father passed.
    I had no idea about the thank you note or the candy at the time, but it really stuck a chord with me because the little bag had a lot of the "penny" candy Dad would randomly have on him at any given time.
    I've been a Sweetwater guy ever since.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Space1999 and Darkness like this.
  17. Charles

Charles Member

I get flaky reps at Sweetwater. Last order I did online and my assigned rep puts a freaking hold on it until I contact him. Which meant my amp I ordered got here Monday instead of the Friday before. His excuse was I changed my shipping address I used on my previous two orders.

I filled the freaking form out online and entered the correct shipping address. Not sure what his gig is but that's four of the last six SW orders botched. I'm done with that "sales engineer" bs. Never had a single issue with other vendors.

18. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Well-Known Member

Whoah... that is beautiful!

19. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like he was trying to prevent someone from ordering fraudulently on your account by having you verify the information. My guy would have texted or called, but that's my guy.

Charles likes this.