Prophecy extura from Sweetwater

Charles

Reaction score
Sounds to me like he was trying to prevent someone from ordering fraudulently on your account by having you verify the information. My guy would have texted or called, but that's my guy.
Well, it was the same card information as last time and the same billing address I've always used. And I've had packages delivered to the same shipping address before.

All he accomplished was loosing a customer. All the crap started when I started ordering online instead of calling. Like I said, 4 of six orders botched. The worst was when I ordered a head. That time I called and told the rep what speaker cables I wanted. Gave him the model number and he verified they were in stock. Package arrived and he sent friggin instrument cables. Wasn't a shipping dept. issue either. Invoice was for the instrument cables.

Now what do you suppose would have happened if I had not noticed they were instrument cables and hooked them up to my amp and cab, resulting in a damaged amp ?

"Sorry sir, you used the wrong type cable which isn't covered by warranty" . Exactly what would have happened.

Also, same order, the bozo entered my card info wrong ( I think it was the expiration date iirc). I ordered at 9:30 am that day and was told it would ship that day. So I'm wondering why I still didn't have a tracking number by 9pm that night. Rep calls at like 7:30 the next day to tell what happened. He processed the order promptly but didn't contact me about the issue until it was too late to ship it that day. He admitted he should have called me as soon as the card did not go through but he had a "meeting" and it slipped his mind. Stuff happens, but still no excuse to wait so late the next day to call.

The most recent clown act was a different rep. I'm done with that outfit.

Darkness

Reaction score
I call that the Saturday Night Fever style body. :D
I'm never not going to see this now when I see those guitars. Its up there with the man on the moon and that little bear on the Toblerone logo.

Hilarious :rofl:

Raiyn

Reaction score
The most recent clown act was a different rep. I'm done with that outfit.
I usually put stuff (like a guitar) in my cart, call my rep to let him know how I want things done, he makes his notes, and I click "buy" (or whatever). I've never had an issue with something they've actually sent me / I paid for.

There was the issue with the Katana MK 1 back when that was the "hot new thing" I was so far down their list for one that I finally said "f' it" and went to the local Sam Ash (which I haven't been to since Covid) and bought one for the same price + they threw in an equivalent warranty for free. I was never charged, and it was only my own impatience that caused me to go hunting elsewhere.

Now if you want to bash on a retailer, I'll back you on GC et. all and Zzounds all day. GC in particular!

Charles

Reaction score
Now if you want to bash on a retailer, I'll back you on GC et. all and Zzounds all day. GC in particular!
Not ordered but a couple of times from GC. No issues. The local store is ok but I always check with a couple others first because they are indy shops. zZounds always does me right.

SW is the only one that I've had trouble with.

Raiyn

Reaction score
All he accomplished was loosing a customer.
Were you tight before?
First order was strings, no issue. Then it went downhill.
2tYt6V9.gif

It's *losing* a customer by the way....

Latest posts