Show your Amps...

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
View attachment 18726

Here’s mine. I also have a Fender bass amp that isn’t in the pic, and a Mesa/Boogie F30 that I am holding onto for my son, not i
n the pic.

the small amps are a Bogner Ecstacy mini on the left and a Mesa/Boogie MK V 25 on the right.
OMG are those SUPER POWERS!! (Reissued in a larger scale?)
I still have a couple from the 80s. I still remember my dad bought them for me at a gas station back in the day...

IGRocker

Reaction score
My MARSHALL PLEXI 5 - another personal DIY transformation :

Gf2oOb-P1150712.jpg

Hf2oOb-P1150713.jpg

Gf2oOb-PLEXI-5-BG-electronic-mods.jpg

Original :

l1u3Nb-P1060025.jpg

Reverb (mine) and Non-Reverb (for a firiend) versions :

bO3oOb-The-Two-PLEXI5-BG-CR.jpg

Cheers,

P
That’s awesome! I’d bet Marshall would sell a ton of these if they built them just like this.

phonepi

Reaction score
That’s awesome! I’d bet Marshall would sell a ton of these if they built them just like this.
Thanks @IGRocker !

I wonder if the (reputedly) successor of the Class 5 - the Origin 5 - is not fitted with a master volume ?

One point is certain : the Class 5 is an underrated amp, a really good-sounding circuit and a fine modding platform...

I think that the Class 5 was plagued at the start par a really poor construction design on the 1st series (plain back), which was corrected satisfactorily on the 2nd series (grille back) and furthermore on the l3rd series (mine, grille back and vertical tubes). But the bad reputation was done, and could not be saved...

Too bad !

phonepi

Reaction score
Today the local music shop - owned and operated by a long time friend - called me : "I got a bargain project for you - came in, man !"

A Danelectro DM10 :

42s9Ob-My-Dano-DM-10-1.jpg

Reasonable condittion, reasonable price, in need of service / restoration of course... Well, OK for me !
:)
😎

Cheers,

P

Edison

Reaction score
Vox AC30x - with alnico blue speakers

Vox AC15x - with alnico blue speaker

Marshall 2555x Silver Jubilee - 2536 2x12 Celestion G12 vintage

not pictured: Vox AC10, Marshall CODE 50 modeling amp.

Attachments

• 20221105_203025.jpg
    20221105_203025.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221105_202927.jpg
    20221105_202927.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221105_203049.jpg
    20221105_203049.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 4

Edison

Reaction score
.. I just took delivery on a 1968 Vox super Berkeley III, from a Wichita Guitar Center of all places.

I had been seeking an old trolley model Vox since becoming a fan of their amps in general. I just love the pivoting cabinet with piggyback head configuration. Of course, anyone who has looked into buying an amp through Reverb knows that their sellers aren't particularly interested in shipping them. More often than not they're listed as 'local pick up' only, especially the larger and vintage amps. Too much expense and damage risk involved.

Also, anyone who has purchased online from Guitar Center likely knows that they charge a flat rate of $22 for any gear shipped to you or your nearest GC outlet for pickup. Consequently it makes purchasing used amps and speaker cabinets relatively cost effective. What I didn't expect was finding something as rare as a Vox Super Berkeley, nor in such pristine condition.
I'm beyond chuffed.

Some slight oxidation on the lower bars of the chrome trolley, which polished right out. Zero pitting or flaking otherwise. The tolex has a few very minor dents, but no tears, gouges or stains. Grill cloth is immaculate. Even the original vinyl covers are in excellent condition.
It is missing the head clamp (not vital), and I need to hunt down an appropriate 3-button foot switch. Otherwise this rig is easily a 9/10. I haven't seen one cleaner elsewhere, at any price.

Attachments

• 20221110_163207.jpg
    20221110_163207.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20221110_163029.jpg
    20221110_163029.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221110_163018.jpg
    20221110_163018.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221110_162410.jpg
    20221110_162410.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221110_162348.jpg
    20221110_162348.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221110_163049.jpg
    20221110_163049.jpg
    926.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221110_162335.jpg
    20221110_162335.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221110_162315.jpg
    20221110_162315.jpg
    704.4 KB · Views: 8

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score
.. I just took delivery on a 1968 Vox super Berkeley III, from a Wichita Guitar Center of all places.

I had been seeking an old trolley model Vox since becoming a fan of their amps in general. I just love the pivoting cabinet with piggyback head configuration. Of course, anyone who has looked into buying an amp through Reverb knows that their sellers aren't particularly interested in shipping them. More often than not they're listed as 'local pick up' only, especially the larger and vintage amps. Too much expense and damage risk involved.

Also, anyone who has purchased online from Guitar Center likely knows that they charge a flat rate of $22 for any gear shipped to you or your nearest GC outlet for pickup. Consequently it makes purchasing used amps and speaker cabinets relatively cost effective. What I didn't expect was finding something as rare as a Vox Super Berkeley, nor in such pristine condition.
I'm beyond chuffed.

Some slight oxidation on the lower bars of the chrome trolley, which polished right out. Zero pitting or flaking otherwise. The tolex has a few very minor dents, but no tears, gouges or stains. Grill cloth is immaculate. Even the original vinyl covers are in excellent condition.
It is missing the head clamp (not vital), and I need to hunt down an appropriate 3-button foot switch. Otherwise this rig is easily a 9/10. I haven't seen one cleaner elsewhere, at any price.
did you hit the powerball? :rofl:

Edison

Reaction score
did you hit the powerball? :rofl:
Guitar Center had this rig listed for $1599. I didn't have to think about it too hard.
.. Although, whenever I call GC about a piece of used gear I always ask when they took it in, because after 90 days it gets a price drop automatically. One doesn't 'haggle' with GC, that's just their formula for resale. And sometimes it's worth waiting a little for that extra savings.

This outlet had the amp a little over a month. I wasn't going to take a chance on someone else snatching it first. I did have them send me more photos of the rig before I pulled the trigger on purchasing. I was still pretty sure I wanted it, but I also wanted to know what I was in for regarding any trolley rust or other damage. I was pleasantly surprised to find it in better shape than I expected.

BGood

Reaction score

I'm beyond chuffed.

Those are Solid State ... AH ! I wouldn't have thought.

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score
Guitar Center had this rig listed for $1599. I didn't have to think about it too hard.
.. Although, whenever I call GC about a piece of used gear I always ask when they took it in, because after 90 days it gets a price drop automatically. One doesn't 'haggle' with GC, that's just their formula for resale. And sometimes it's worth waiting a little for that extra savings.

This outlet had the amp a little over a month. I wasn't going to take a chance on someone else snatching it first. I did have them send me more photos of the rig before I pulled the trigger on purchasing. I was still pretty sure I wanted it, but I also wanted to know what I was in for regarding any trolley rust or other damage. I was pleasantly surprised to find it in better shape than I expected.
its so cool, i had to send my friend a pic. prolly cost some serious coin

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score

does the price drop have a certain percentage or does it vary piece by piece

phonepi

Reaction score
I wonder if I posted it :hmm: - my apologies if it's already done... :frown:

My Marshall PLEXI 5 : a derivation from the underrated and discontinued Marshall Class 5

Gf2oOb-P1150712.jpg

Hf2oOb-P1150713.jpg

Gf2oOb-PLEXI-5-BG-electronic-mods.jpg

Two models builts : one for a friend without reverb (lower), and one for me with reverb facility (upper).

bO3oOb-The-Two-PLEXI5-BG-CR.jpg

P

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score

I'm beyond chuffed.

That is an incredible find. Looks like it came fresh of a stage where George Harrison was plugged into it. Nice find! :cheers:

Latest posts