Show your Epiphones

imnotcreative

Reaction score
Well. thanks for that very complete review. I'll know what to look for. That case came with it?
Yes the case came with the 1959 model. It's a nice touch but i wouldn't rely on the latches staying locked when hauling it around. Maybe it's just my case but you better check to make sure they latch tightly before taking it out for a walk.
I hope you'll enjoy yours when you get it.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Yes the case came with the 1959 model. It's a nice touch but i wouldn't rely on the latches staying locked when hauling it around. Maybe it's just my case but you better check to make sure they latch tightly before taking it out for a walk.
I hope you'll enjoy yours when you get it.
That'd be a good case to carry on your left side. ;)

Raiyn

Reaction score
If they just sumply put on one of these latches it would be perfectly fine if you just always remember to use a small padlock. It would make me feel alot more secure carrying it around. The case itself feels sturdy enough
View attachment 16080
I'm partial to SKB TSA cases myself. Something made to be pretty like that would soon find itself clawed and chewed to death in my house - nevermind taking it anywhere.

imnotcreative

Reaction score
I'm partial to SKB TSA cases myself. Something made to be pretty like that would soon find itself clawed and chewed to death in my house - nevermind taking it anywhere.

It's not as sturdy as the TKL cases for my gibsons (i wouldn't expect that given those are €200 a case) but atleast it would be usable for someone who does want to use the case and feel safe carrying the guitar around. The way it is, to me atleast, it's just taking up space in the closet because i wouldn't trust it to stay closed when holding it by the handle. A tad disappointing if you would like to use it.

Clawed and chewed to death? Do you have some savage animals walking about? My cat just likes to sleep in my cases. Not when i'm playing though, then he just sits in the case and gives me a dirty look because he can't sleep because of the noise.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Clawed and chewed to death? Do you have some savage animals walking about? My cat just likes to sleep in my cases. Not when i'm playing though, then he just sits in the case and gives me a dirty look because he can't sleep because of the noise
Yeah, no. With our crew we've learned that anything with a leather / naugahyde texture of any kind with some mass to it is super fun to maul. Shoes and purses appear to be safe, but not something like a case or a vintage suitcase.

CanuckLP

Reaction score
New member. Have a Les Paul Custom, Slash and a new Gibson Standard (60’s).

I like the Slash the best. Have Seymour Duncan’s Pearly Gates and Custom 11 installed on the Gibson and the Epi Slash still sounds better.

I also like the thicker neck profile on the Slash.

Read that as I’m selling my Gibson to get more Epiphone’s. True story.

Attachments

• FB7EEF2C-0630-461E-9F3C-CD12CE2D2489.jpeg
    FB7EEF2C-0630-461E-9F3C-CD12CE2D2489.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
I love Epiphone guitars. I'm sorry, did I say 'love' ? I meant to say love.

3EjMUXhh.jpg

BTHdfx0h.jpg

GenghisBomb

Reaction score
Here's mine!

I put this on layaway right around a year ago today! It's my first electric guitar in about 15 years (I took a long hiatus from playing!). I have since bought a Fender MIM Strat, a Gretsch Semihollow with P90's, and just put a Squier Jazzmaster on layaway before Christmas!

Last edited:

Latest posts