Show your Other Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Paruwi, Jan 20, 2015.

1. imnotcreative

imnotcreative Active Member

I HAVE BEEN ON THE INTERNET AGAIN!!!

After a year of hardly spending any money i managed to save up more money than i initially thought. Therefor i could not resist to buy these 2 baby's.

sg tribute.jpg
    gibson SG tribute in satin cherry red (it's not as bright red as in this photo, it's probably because of the lightin)

lptribute.jpg
    Les Paul tribute in satin honeyburst

I love the rounded neck profile. It's close to the shape of my Epi LP STD 60's but ever so slightly thicker (though very close to it)
    they both sound and play great. The LP fortunately isn't as heavy as my EPi LP, has a bit more clarity in the sound but because of the weight relief doesn't have as much sustain. I don't need my tones to ring out for nearly a minute (which the Epi easily does) so that's not a problem.
    The thing i was most surprized about was the SG... NO NECKDIVE!!! Where my vintage G400 wants to dive head first all the way to China, the SG stays in place perfectly. I really did not expect that. As far as i can remember all Gibson and Epiphone SG models i've seen have neckdive. The satin finished necks are real smooth too, and they don't get sticky when my hands get sweaty.
    unfortunately they didn't come with a hardshell case but a ''soft case'', a fancy gigbag.
    eventhough they are just a few months apart in manufacturing date they have slightly different gigbags. The SG came with a gigbag with one shoulderstrap attached in the middle on top and can be attached to either side, whichever you prefer) the LP has 2 straps just like a regular backpack. IMG_20210407_024642(1).jpg
    I have a hardshell case for the SG, but i'm waiting for the Les Paul cases to come back in stock.

The neck profiles on both Tribute models are the same. So if you like an SG with a slightly fatter neck than a regular slim taper on most SG's without neckdive and you don't care much for fancy inlays or binding and don't care for a gloss finish much, this is certainly one to check out.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  2. Fullmoon 1971

Fullmoon 1971 Well-Known Member

Here's my latest buy, picked this up a couple of weeks ago to go with my other Bernie and with this one I thought if Joe Walsh can have a signature McCarty, so can Bernie.

2011 PRS SE Bernie Marsden (PRS "McCarty Mods")
    [​IMG]
    Complete mods =
    "Cherry Burl" Vinyl headstock overlay with Cream "Bernie" signature
    Custom Ebony & MOP "McCarty" TRC
    Gotoh SD-90 HAP machineheads
    PRS McCarty pickups
    PRS "Core" aluminium wraparound tailpiece
    Upgraded wiring & pots
    Russian K40P-2 .022 Paper In Oil capacitor
    PRS "Core" amber lampshade knobs
    Wide nickel strap buttons
    Pure Tone (4 point) Jack Socket

This beauty is the perfect match for my other bernie aka "Trouble". I also have upgraded "trouble" with custom wound alnico III pickups with the neck unit modelled exactly on Peter Greens guitar "coils wound clockwise with 42H, grey electrical 2 core output wire and magnet reversed.

Heres the sisters together (McCarty = top, Trouble = Bottom)
    [​IMG]

Trouble's completed mods
    "Matt Black" Vinyl headstock overlay with Cream "Bernie" signature
    Custom Ebony & MOP "McCarty" TRC
    Gotoh SD-90 HAP machineheads
    Custom wound A3 pickups
    Neck pickup "Out of Phase"
    ABM aluminium wraparound tailpiece
    Upgraded wiring & pots
    Russian K40P-2 .022 Paper In Oil capacitor
    Amber bell knobs
    Wide nickel strap buttons
    Pure Tone (4 point) Jack Socket

Close of the 2 headstocks

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Darkness

Darkness Active Member

Here is my Taylor 114e. Layered walnut (I call it plywood) with an arched back. I love how it sounds and feels although it lacks a bit on the bass side because of the smaller body.
    Screenshot_20210608-192334_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210608-192327_Gallery.jpg

And this is Tuco, he almost matches my guitar and he gets jealous of it. Sometimes he plays my Epi.
    Screenshot_20210608-192351_Gallery.jpg

Nduro, phonepi, Raiyn and 4 others like this.
  4. The Convert

The Convert Well-Known Member

Here is a shot of my 'traditional' guitars:

Fender Pro Telecaster (Stock)
    Gibson Les Paul Classic (with Pearly Gates pickups)
    Fender Pro Stratocaster (Stock, blocked trem, but might change pickups)

IMG_2936.jpeg

Nduro, elephantrider, phonepi and 5 others like this.
  5. phonepi

phonepi Member

OK Guys,

I browsed the 18 pages of the "show your other guitars" thread : a large array of nice instruments are displayed here, from classics to unseen, with standard production, modded, custom-made and DIY ones...

Some of you are even better supplied than a guitar shop !
    :cool:

But I saw no left-Handed guitars... :hmm: This gap must be filled up ! :lol:

So here's my Lefty gallery - well, maybe some of you will recognize them... ;)

[​IMG]

Cheers ! :)

Nduro, Supersonic and Brian Krashpad like this.
  6. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Active Member

Oops, looks like the last time I posted in this thread was 2017! Of course, there's been some changes. Here's a shot from 2020, with the amps as well:

[​IMG]

Checkers isn't really a guitar at this point, it's been "wall art" since c. 1980. But it looks kinda cool so I stuck it in the photo.

There's been one addition since the above group photo, my Christmas 2020 present to myself, a Gretsch 5438 Pro Jet:

[​IMG]

So here's the lot (excluding Checkers), 2021, in a collage format (easier than a re-group!):

[​IMG]

Whew. Too lazy to list. Info found on my gear list page, https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad , but any questions gladly answered here as well.

7. phonepi

phonepi Member

Brian Krashpad likes this.
  8. Bradley D. Lyons

Bradley D. Lyons Well-Known Member

9. elephantrider

elephantrider Well-Known Member

I pulled this one off the rack. I rarely play it. I do love the neck on these. not sure what it is. wider and more shallow than a lp neck.

Screenshot_20210823-232556_Gallery.jpg

10. Nduro

Nduro Member

some time ago I bought a Fender FMT HH LRL BCS collection with SD Pearly Gates / SH1 Humbuckers

Attached Files:

Paruwi and grinwer like this.
  11. Nduro

Nduro Member

The 2010 Jackson js32 produced in India, after many attempts, I came to the conclusion that the ceramic humbuckers sound best in it. I tested various AlNiCo V high efficiency, but a clear question with this tree does not sound good, I chose capacitors and nothing helped. Now I have 13.8K and 7.5K Chinese Donlis humbuckers on chrome nickel plated bases. I've never heard such ceramic humbuckers sound so selective and clean on distortion.

Attached Files:

12. Nduro

Nduro Member

a few guitars from my collection

Attached Files:

Fergyuk and Paruwi like this.
  13. imnotcreative

I went out to get me a new capo, some strings and a couple of picks. Then i saw something in the shop that caught my eye. It had a tag with considerable discount on it so i asked the shop owner why it had a large discount. Turned out he had it hanging on the wall for a couple of months and it got overlooked by just about everyone. Nearly eveyone coming into the shop went straight to regular humber or p90 guitars and this one didn't get the attention the shop owner anticipated/deserved and there was new inventory coming in soon so he wanted to make a little space. Therefor this beauty got a €600 discount and i couldn't resist to leave it hanging on the wall. I tried it and quite like the big neck on it, really comfortable for playing chords. It also has a nice clear chimey sound with a bit of twang. It is a little heavy in the body and wanted to pull the neck up whilst playing seated but i managed to mitigate that by replacing the lightweight gibson deluxe tuners for a set of heavier grovers.

IMG_20211023_142018.jpg IMG_20211023_142049.jpg

I still have to get me a new capo and picks which i ended up forgetting to buy

IGRocker, Raiyn and Nduro like this.
  14. Nduro

Nduro Member

beautiful oar :applause:

imnotcreative likes this.
  15. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the rozzers will be around shortly - you stole that axe. :cheers:

16. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

:rofl:Lets make it a little heavier

17. imnotcreative

It is to counterbalance the weight of the body somewhat so the neck doesn't want to go up. It had the opposite of the neckdive on my sg. Body dive perhaps?? Don't know what to call it. But it works

18. imnotcreative

It is hidden very well. Noone will get his hands on my gold haha.
    It is a relatively small shop so they need to sell quickly to make some space for new inventory. They do sometimes offer something a little different for a change to see what the local market is like for future reference. Sometimes it works out, some times it doesn't and you'll be able to score a good deal. This time i got lucky.

Paruwi likes this.
  19. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

Got that part. It's just that a guitar is never light enough for me :h5:

imnotcreative and Paruwi like this.
  20. imnotcreative

Let's just say i will not be jumping around with it, or going for a walk. But it does play and sound very well, sitting down. It is about the same weight as my Epi 1959, but with a more slippery finish.
    If i feel like jumping around with a guitar i'll choose an sg or my LP bfg which has a chambered body. The bfg is in fact ligher than my es339 which was a bit unexpected at first when i got my es339.