The Aimless Chat Thread

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Darkness, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Darkness

Darkness Well-Known Member

My guitar has made it to California, hope it doesn't take a 3 day vacation here like the last one. Looks like its heading to LA, the land of traffic. Fingers crossed it shows up today so it can acclimate and be played this weekend.

It's interesting how anxious we can get about something we have lived without for so long, but suddenly must have asap.

2. Darkness

3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Darkness likes this.
  4. Darkness

I look forward to it. I haven't been too interested in the fender lineup but I am becoming very intrigued by the Jaguars recently. Hope things turned out well.

Raiyn likes this.
  5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

It did. Posts are up. :cheers:

6. Darkness

I was just watching La Bamba and noticed a white arch top at the beginning. A little later Ritchey was playing it and I thought it looked like an Epi. I did some research, it was! Epiphone Ritz from the 40s.

3bolt79 and Davis Sharp like this.
  7. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Apart from the usual patter, like good bird, pretty bird, hello, etc., I’m ever so proud to say Bjird has mastered “Ass deep in Romulans,” a quote from Star Trek: Picard, “Live long and prosper,” and “And this bird you cannot change” because we want him to always feel he’s a…

…wait for it…
    Free bird. :dude::dude::dude::rofl:

Darkness likes this.
  8. Darkness

Hey I've been upgraded to a well known member! Thanks!

I realized today that the more I play and the better I get, the more I want to play.

My wife and I are both working from home still, and if she has a meeting and I have a meeting at the same time, I will often take it on my phone and head outside of our office room. Today I was doing a call from my living room couch and reached for my Guild mid-meeting, then realized I'm still in a meeting. :shock: glad I didn't play it at least.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  9. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

At least it was a phone meeting and not a Zoom conference.

10. Darkness

Oh no, it was a zoom and I had my phone on the coffee table doing the video. I think because it typically just shows who is talking (unless you add the sidebar of participants) nobody saw me grab my guitar.

If I started playing, that little "how was your meeting?" pop up at the end would get a lot of thumbs down. :D

Raiyn and Davis Sharp like this.
  11. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Depends on your settings, speaker view vs gallery view. If others have it on gallery view, they would have seen you. My Martin is on the wall behind me in all my Zoom meetings.

Darkness likes this.
  12. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

:laugh2:

In all honesty, Zoom chats have been a godsend. With Mom dying during the rise of pre-vax Covid my sister (who has Downs) has been using Zoom daily to contact me or SWMBO. It was her established routine to call Mom after dinner, and now that she's not around, the Zoom call gives her more than a phone call ever could. It's not being there, but it's pretty damn good.

Digger and Darkness like this.