[Video] A Left Handed Masterbilt!...Almost....

Discussion in 'Epiphone Guitars' started by Alty, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Alty

Alty Well-Known Member

Well, nearly....;) but like way it takes on a different persona played this way, lovely.

(In case you didn't know they don't make a LH MB)

DPaulCustom likes this.
  2. DPaulCustom

DPaulCustom Well-Known Member

Does take on a different dynamic played upside down.
    I wonder how long it took him to learn to play like that (upside down)

3. Alty

Alty Well-Known Member

It's just like learning from scratch in a way but if you already have the chords embedded in your brain then it's a little confusing as your memory muscles are playing tricks on you, I can do a little this way and want to learn some more as we have some nice RH acoutics here not being played BUT as it takes me a while to learn normally don't want to confuse my grey cells.

I would tell anyone to try it, works for RH players with a LH guitar and it does give the guitar a different dynamic which I like but not for everyone.

DPaulCustom likes this.
  4. DPaulCustom

DPaulCustom Well-Known Member

I'm thinking if you were LH & all you could get was a RH guitar when you first started, it would it would be ok, but like you said, once you start down the path, it wouldn't be worth all the extra effort to relearn.

5. Alty

Alty Well-Known Member

It depends....I like the different sound it gives you and certainly adds something different to the mix, I'd already started learning on a RH guitar many years ago but only for a few months and surprisingly still remembered some of the upside down chords, as we collect guitars when we can, it does help when I have to try a possible buy as it gives me the chance to at least play some basic chords to hear what it sounds like and feel what it plays like but no it doesn't get me girls....;)

DPaulCustom likes this.
  6. Alty

Alty Well-Known Member

Earlier I had the chance to play a Masterbilt and not sure why but I didn't like it, too heavy and neck not right for me and it seemed a little dull, may have been this particular one! The new all wood Fender was nicer (For me), prefer the slimmer neck and about the same price, have to rethink my next purchase.

Mmmmmm!