Wanted: ES339

Discussion in 'Epiphone Classifieds' started by macoshark, Aug 7, 2020.

1. macoshark

macoshark New Member

Looking for a 339 Pro with RW fretboard if anyone here wants to sell. I'm new here but an old timer over on Strat talk.

3bolt79 and Paruwi like this.
  2. Caddy

Caddy Well-Known Member

You do know that they still sell them new, right?

3. macoshark

macoshark New Member

Yes, however it's hard to find a new one with a RW fretboard, like I mentioned. Now FBs are PF and that is not what I want. New ones with RW are out there and I believe they still had them at least in part of 2018. If you know of a source for new ones with RW FBs please let me know. thanks

3bolt79 likes this.
  4. Caddy

Caddy Well-Known Member

Both Sweetwater and MF list rosewood on the 339’s with HB’s and Pau ferro on the 339’s with P-90’s.

Used could be a bit to find. They are so nice most keep them. My 2014 in natural with HB’s is going nowhere!

5. macoshark

macoshark New Member

I will check that, thanks. Glad you like your 339.

3bolt79 and Caddy like this.
  6. macoshark

macoshark New Member

You are correct sir. I phoned SW and the Cherry 339 is still RW. Only the PB has PF

3bolt79 and Caddy like this.
  7. Caddy

Caddy Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that! Really nice guitars. Sound great and very comfortable to play either seated or standing.

3bolt79 likes this.
  8. macoshark

macoshark New Member

Well here's how the story ends, I think. I really wanted either the 335 or 339. I also wanted to go used to save a buck. Caddy got me going on the 339 from SW and I was ready to go for it since I'm selling my Player Strat and would have the dough.
    However, I saw here and other sites, Cats scoring big on used closet queens. Sure enough last night I checked Craigs and there was a 2015 335 Pro-Ice Tea w/ Epi case. Just 4 Benjis. She's mine now and I really like the tone. Neck is thin but wider than my CV Squier, still good though.

3bolt79, Caddy and Davis Sharp like this.
  9. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Something is missing from your comment. :hmm:

10. Caddy

Caddy Well-Known Member

Nice! Thee 335 Pros are really nice and the is a great finish!

3bolt79 likes this.
  11. Maguchi

Maguchi New Member

I've seen new Epiphone ES-339s with both pau ferro and rosewood fingerboards available for sale on the websites of the bigger online retailers.

3bolt79 likes this.
  12. DHart

DHart Active Member

I understand your quest for an ES-339 with rosewood board.

I'm not a fan of the cherry finish, sunburst, nor black finishes. I wanted a natural finish one, with a rosewood board, so the search began.

Not long ago I found a 2013 model, still pristine condition, for $399 on Reverb. I offered $339 (ES-339) and the seller accepted.

Turns out to be an exceptional guitar. Nice, full neck profile (not skinny like my Gibson ES-339 neck). I installed a pair of Cavalier 'Phoenix' Firebird pickups and a new wiring harness and WOW-WEE! Exceptional result.

I hope you find what you're looking for, ES-339s are exceptional guitars and the size is just perfect - not too big, not too small.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    3bolt79, Caddy and Rick Davey like this.
  13. macoshark

macoshark New Member

Very nice, beautiful grain.

14. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Very very nice 339, that's exactly the one I've been after, and they are difficult to find.

15. Caddy

Caddy Well-Known Member

I have its twin. Bought it new along with the Epi HSC from Sweetwater back in 2014. Love the natural. Classy looking! I really like the stock pickups, but then I only play clean so YMMV.

3bolt79 likes this.
  16. Jay

Jay New Member

Did you buy from craigslist locally ? Im looking at a couple long distance but is there a trick to buying and selling so the buyer is sure to get the merchandise and the seller would get his money ?

17. memery

memery New Member

yes i'd like to know too. Been looking for a cherry red or natural or ebony black ES-339 Pro. SW says they are no longer made, only the es-339 regular model no coil tapping. ...I located 2 on Reverb, es-339 Pro Royale ! $700 +ship but it sold thatt day before i could even get a pic of the serial. Saw another cherry red one, for 600+ship from new mexico , guy said 600 shipped with case and deusenberg tremolo but never got serial # and guy took it down in the middle of negotiations. Any pithy wisdom for the searches? Not going to get one from Japan....lol

Thanks, Milburn

18. macoshark

macoshark New Member

Well, I sold the 335 epi and thinking about a small body semi like the 339.

Paruwi likes this.
  19. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Member

Hey @macoshark another of our Strat talk compadres, infinite awareness just got a red 339 with push pull coils splitting. She is bringing it by in a little bit fro some tweaking of the set up. Hers is a 2013 model and has a rosewood board. They are out there. She bought it off reverb, and there were a few there just a couple of days ago.

soulman969 likes this.