What are those sellers smoking ?

Discussion in 'Bay Watch' started by Paruwi, May 25, 2020.

1. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

2. BGood

BGood Well-Known Member

I knew I could have gotten more for mine ...

Paruwi likes this.
  3. Supersonic

Supersonic Well-Known Member

Yeah but the Epi is pre-coronavirus. Before the COVID sucked out all the tonez.

4. MrJay

MrJay New Member

The guy has a lot of guitars amps and pedals for sale on his other items, including an epiphone acoustic amp

As always though, the real price is what it sells for.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Charles likes this.
  5. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Rare guitar pick once used by St. Peter the Apostle himself.......$4, 000,000 shekels OBO.

Charles and Davis Sharp like this.
  6. Jam Handy

Jam Handy Active Member

Not to mention the broken control knob... and its not all original (seemingly the word "rare" makes it worth more money???) as the pots have been swapped out for CTS pots... but does he still have the originals and can he disassemble the guitar so we can see any numbering, etc under th pickups and such (just kidding, how many old Fender do we see unmercilessly disassembled to proved dating and such... ack...)

700 GBP is about 886-ish USD

You can get a brand new Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute DC in sexy blue satin for $599.99 (they were $999 just a few months ago when they first came out...)
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Les-Paul-Special-Tribute-DC-Electric-Guitar.gc

(Seems this model has went the way of the dough-dough bird and is now extinct and discontinued... so Guitar Center/Musician's Friend is blowing out what's left for $599.0... damn... it ones I've had on my wish list since I first saw them, too... oh well, lot's of them used most likely)

I'd rather have the new Gibson version... and I really dig that satin blue stuff... LOL...

Davis Sharp likes this.
  7. Darkness

Darkness Member

Being a noob I really wanted a used guitar but this is part of why I bought a new guitar.

In California people somehow think used (and not even rare) is more valuable than new. I kept seeing Slash lp asking $300 and up, for just the guitar and none of the kit that it came with. Thats $250 all day new for the whole kit. 50s and 60s lp are selling for upwards of $500 with plenty of wear when a brand new is $600.

Whenever I saw a deal or fair priced guitar it was always a color I wouldn't want to live with. I considered buying a junker and stripping it but I have more projects than time lately.

Davis Sharp and Charles like this.
  8. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

9. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

11. Jeffytune

Jeffytune Well-Known Member

Here is one that I just don't get. I can neither confirm or deny that Epiphone made this guitar, or any guitar with the Jimmy Page name on it.
    With that said, it is possible that a very small run was commissioned for some organization.....
    Well here the Reverb sell says he has a 2000 made Epiphone USA Junior with what looks to be a lithograph of Jimmy on a white junior, and a signature on the pickguard.
    It has a letter of authenticity from some auction house I have never heard of, I can not even see if it is a bolt on or neck through, as the seller put mostly pictures of Mr Page up instead of this guitar.
    But, hey if you got a extra 24,000 us dollars laying around, they'll throw in free shipping.

https://reverb.com/item/8090023-led-zeppelin-jimmy-page-signed-autographed-guitar-beckett-certified

For 24K I would bet you a Mc Donald's happy meal of your choice you could go to the Gibson custom shop, have a Jimmy Page Les Paul made, contact Mr. Page's agent and arrange to have Mr. Page sign the pickguard for a fee or a donation to the charity of his choice and still have enough money left over to fly to the UK and thank him in person.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  12. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

How dare you point that out!!!!! You've wrecked my scam! :mad:

Signed,
    The Seller :D

Davis Sharp likes this.
  13. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Well-Known Member

Two pics of the guitar and the rest of the band - guitar players are not their target market. They sell a few other autographed pickguards attached to guitars.

soulman969 likes this.