What music do you play?

Darkness

Reaction score
Learning this song now. I've never been a real fan of ZZ but I do like the boogy and blues style of this song.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Learning this song now. I've never been a real fan of ZZ but I do like the boogy and blues style of this song.

Even Joe Satriani. Eddie Van Halen and many ( including myself ) are deeply influenced by early ZZ Top.

Just Got Paid is my favorite song from them.

Darkness

Reaction score
Challenging myself a bit today. Learning to play Walk Don't Run by The Ventures. Such a fun song.

Darkness

Reaction score
Don used to post here, but I haven't seen him around for a while.

Nice, thanks for that. Interesting that his version is different than the one I was doing from tabs but that seems pretty common. His version looks quick and easy and sounds great 👍

It could be that there are different versions of the song I suppose. Their early stuff sounds more on the clean side. Maybe the one I have is a later style.

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/the-ventures/walk-dont-run-tabs-204633

Whitefang

Reaction score
Sure 'nuff has some difference from how I learned to play it off the VENTURE'S RECORD. And not really too hard to learn. And years after learning to play that intro with;
Am Gmaj Fmaj Emaj I listened to it on a better fidelity system and I swear it sounds like the first chord is Amaj! Noy minor. Listen close;

And look(and listen)close you'll see your man Don is playing A minor.
Whitefang

Raiyn

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for that. Interesting that his version is different than the one I was doing from tabs but that seems pretty common. His version looks quick and easy and sounds great 👍

It could be that there are different versions of the song I suppose. Their early stuff sounds more on the clean side. Maybe the one I have is a later style.

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/the-ventures/walk-dont-run-tabs-204633
Well, I mean UG tabs are UG tabs so...

If you watch stuff like "Live in Japan" vs something recorded in the 70's / 80's it's gonna sound different.

We also need to keep in mind that The Ventures are covering a Chet Atkins cover version of the Johnny Smith jazz original so "playing it right" is subjective.

Don's version is what I'd suggest as it'll at least get you started on doing it your way.

Also, we won't talk about the Tommy Leonetti version <shudders>

SteveOL

Reaction score
From most recent and down the line I’ve been playing The Cure, The Police, Soundgarden, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Tool, The Stones, Queens of the Stone Age, Creedence, Foo Fighters, Eric Clapton, The Beatles, AC/DC, Elliott Smith, Black Sabbath, David Bowie, Metallica, The Ramones and Oasis. Well that’s since I got the ES-335 in December 2021. It handles it all. Very versatile.

Latest posts