Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the way it goes with all scabby sores? :D

Digger and Lancpudn like this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

The bleddy hoover wheels have fell off the damn thing now :mad: Everything is made of fantastic plastic with a lifespan of a fly these days, The plastic "axle" they attach to has just worn away & the last fix I did on them has outlived the plastic body. :frown: so it's looking like I'll be forking out for a new hoover this week :frown: Lousy wet weather here so looks like a train driving day today, Still no post being delivered around here.

3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Dunno, I try to avoid them~

4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’m not sure but I saw an episode of “Escape to the country” tonight and the weather was lovely. Where was the driving rain?

It appears you have to pay $1000 here for anything half decent as vacuum cleaners go and I just can’t bring myself to do it, though most are crap I agree!

废话

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 7:29 AM
  5. Lancpudn

It must have been filmed when you were on holiday here, Apart from a heatwave last week It's been crap ever since you went back down under :thumb::rofl:

We got rain forecast for all week & a ton of laundry to do, I'm too tight fisted to have that infernal tumble drier going all day. :frown:

[​IMG]

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Get a Henry!
    [​IMG]

Lancpudn likes this.
  7. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

We love our Dyson, and for 15 years it’s been a shining example of money well spent.

Lancpudn likes this.
  8. Lancpudn

She wants one with a ball on it lol :shock: whether that be a Dyson I don't know! :dunno: I doubt it , they're expensive over here & you cant buy a powerful hoover any more as the motors are now restricted to 900 Watt :shock: I kid you not, Paris accord climate regulations to save on electricity. https://www.which.co.uk/news/2017/08/eu-vacuum-cleaner-ban-2017-everything-you-need-to-know/

If you have pets like we do they're hardly powerful enough to pick up pet hair. :frown:

Anywho I said just get what model you feel is best. I'll just cry into my cider when she tells how much it is :rofl:

9. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Our Dyson wasn’t cheap, and we waffled over the decision for a good 20 minutes, but once I started looking at how well it was made and put together, we pulled the trigger. We have three pugs, and this thing is great. They make an attachment for furniture that’s specifically designed to suck up pet hair, but all our furniture is leather, so I got the one with the hard floor attachment.

10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Our Border Collie is shedding fur all over the house and nothing we've had in vacuum cleaners can cope with that I can tell you. She's getting clipped next week for the first time in winter and should be alright as she sleeps inside these days. Hopefully that will help the fur problem for a while.

She hung out with me while I was up moving wood in the morning and would lie there until I started the tractor then run. When she came in there was pile of dirt everywhere she lay....enough to break your bloody heart when you have just vacuumed! The fires have stripped grass from the paddocks and its bare dirt up the top where I was working.

I come inside and it kicks my asthma off as I’m allergic to dust. I have to repair that whole area as it’s cut up from machinery so reseeding will likely be spring at this stage.

11. Lancpudn

The cats are moulting like crazy here this time of year too. An hour after you've hoovered it's the same :shock: despite brushing their coats daily.

I'm going to mow the lawns today as there's a break in the weather from mid morning til early evening. :thumb:

12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I was intending to cut up some more of the trees lying up near the front gate today and serviced a chainsaw ready to do just that. However my beloved was making noises about visiting the bakery at Metung this morning for one of these....it seems she has the fancies.
    [​IMG]
    I have to admit that the idea has some merit~

Lancpudn likes this.
  13. Lancpudn

That looks delicious Digger :drool: I finally got the lawns mowed yesterday afternoon, the petrol mower struggled with the wet grass at times especially as it hadn't been cut for a while. The compost bin is full again. :thumb:

I harvested some Chantenay dwarf carrots I grew in a bucket yesterday too, they wont win any beauty prizes but boy are they sweet :drool: I harvested a swede too and mashed them up together to go with some steak we had for tea. The spuds aren't quite ready for pulling up yet.

[​IMG]

Raiyn likes this.
  14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

We SWMBO orders produce from an outfit called Misfits. Organically grown produce that "can't" be sold in stores because it's not picture perfect (misshapen or blemished). Ain't gonna picture perfect once we get done with it, so why would it matter going in?

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

The Metung trip for the pastries never happened as we heard through the grapevine that the second only case of Covid in our region was discovered in Metung last week! Some dingbat from Melbourne visiting here was diagnosed, we are told.

That was the end of that foray!

So with a morning to fill I did a heap of chainsaw work, inc. some big stuff. I used 2 tanks of fuel which is more than I usually manage but could barely get out of my chair for the rest of the day. I took 2 Panadol before bed to help the aches and pains but was awake from 11.30 to 5 am despite 2 more Panadol at 2.30. Everything hurt! I just couldn’t find any way to lay that wasn’t sore.

I was pleased with all the work I got done but paid for it big time!

So all you young folk out there, this is what old age brings with it! Something to look forward to hey?

Regarding growing veggies, we have a place that sells heritage seed varieties and there are some really nice vegetables in those. Gael and I picked 2 bowls of ripe tomatoes yesterday! Our July is like your February, or the second month of winter, so that is unusual. There are more ripening so maybe not the end of it yet?

16. Lancpudn

Ouch! Sounds painful with all that work you did yesterday, I still haven't installed that kitchen sink yet & am getting earache to put it in, I know it's going to kill me working under there so I'm biding my time until my neck & back are in better shape :thumb: That's a bummer about the virus creeping closer mate, We had another local death in the next street from us yesterday my neighbour was telling me, I didn't really know the chap he was 55 years old & had no other health problems :frown:. That's four now within a stones throw. :ohno:
    The mail has finally picked up here & we're getting mail again, Only trouble is they're mostly bills :frown:

17. Lancpudn

Exactly, I don't care how wonky or wobbly the fruit or vegetables are either, I read that these supermarkets only want 100% straight uniform veggies & a lot is discarded by growers/packers, That's ridiculous & needs stopping. I signed a petition ages ago to put a stop to that but it still goes on. :frown:

18. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

We see these at the market all the time. Macho carrots!
    E76AA5A9-A5CA-4AC4-AF27-9C0764068D9F.jpeg

Lancpudn likes this.
  19. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Because theirs is a consumer driven industry. Misshapen product doesn't sell because of the buyer's preconceived notions. Gone are the days of "I was lucky to get _____" they've been replaced with " if ain't perfect, I don't want it". I grew up literally at the end of the road, I know what "lucky to get" is. As long as the apple wasn't bruised too badly, I didn't care that it didn't sit straight.

Lancpudn likes this.
  20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I endured 2 hours of dentistry yesterday in prep for a crown. Not something I’d want to do every day I can tell you.

Dentist put a temporary crown (plastic) over the prepared tooth and said don’t eat hard things that side for the next 2 weeks and sure I’ve done that before, no probs.

I was eating the soft part of a pizza last night (not crusts) and it was hot and I was moving it around my mouth and bit down on that side and immediately felt something hard in my mouth. Part of a plastic crown.....it didn't even survive the first bite! Now it had been very sore all day, but I expect that as it’s had major reshaping, but eating and drinking now becomes very difficult as there are nerves exposed. Saturday here today so I may not be able to get to see a dentist until next week.

OTOH this could be a blessing in disguise as I need to lose some weight~