Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Those look good, I've yet to pick any of mine yet. I noticed the first single tomato blushing when I went into the greenhouse yesterday, Ripening seems very slow this year here with lots of growers saying how slow their tomatoes are taking to ripen this season.

Didn't do much yesterday as the dreaded vertigo appeared, I'd a job to stand up without wobbling all over the place. :frown:
    I took myself off to bed late yesterday afternoon and just got up this morning at 8:00am, Still feel lousy.:frown:

2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Stemitil helps me but only if I take it as soon as the “leans” appear. Rotten problem to have! Service is helpful for Meneires Disease.

3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I've had glasses forever myself as well. Apparently I'm to join the "progressive" crowd too if they can ever get the frames right. Had to send the last pair back they were so bad.

The eye doctor asked me if I'd ever considered contacts, and I turned him down flat. *shudder*

4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’ve had progressive lens for years now and find them very convenient.

Off to Mallacoota this morning but it’s just gone 5.30 am and I couldn’t sleep any further, too much n my mind.

We are looking forward to trying out the new split system air conditioner we had installed earlier in the week. Not looking forward to handing over a wad of cash quite so much however. This will be a different trip with all of us social distancing and wearing masks. A couple lots of our friends are there and others coming Tuesday so this will be a test of our discipline I guess. There will be no pub meals or meals out at all this trip.

We just need a change of scene for a few days.

5. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

It look me a little while to get used to progressives, but I’ve got three zones for the left eye. I wore contacts for a while, but the only real advantage was I could wear cool cheap sunglasses.

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I'm going to find the moving the head thing challenging. I tend to glance through different sections of my single visions.

7. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

That’s the trick, looking with your whole head rather than glancing up or down. Progressives are was easier to adjust to than lined bi/trifocals. My first pair of those made my feet look like skis.

8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

You get used to them soon enough and the only trouble I have occasionally is tying fish hooks if using light line. I can see better without them in that case.

9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We at Mallacoota now in the caravan and have to say the new A/C is just so much better than the one we removed.
    Money well spent!

Gael came down with cold symptoms on the way down yesterday so she’s keeping a low profile until we are sure it’s just a cold. I blew the budget on a digital thermometer at the chemist yesterday and we will keep an eye on her today.

It’s really nice to be back here.

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We had a relaxing day here yesterday though Gael was feeling miserable with cold symptoms, still no temperature fortunately.

We sat around a fire pit last night and had a drink with our mates. It was lovely being back together again. Yes we distanced.

I cooked lamb roast at the same time and it turned out lovely.

We’ve had Kangaroos in the park and in the reserve around ups and Gael said there was a Koala in the tree just off our deck last night.

Only in Australia folks!

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Lancpudn

Sounded like a great evening mate, I would love to see those critters in the wild but they're a bit thin on the ground here :thumb:

Digger likes this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’ll see if I can package a few up for you and send them over.
    Any preferences?

Lancpudn likes this.
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

So we’re facing a new life here with all the Covid restrictions coming into rural Victoria as of Wednesday. We need to go home tomorrow, at the latest or we won’t be able to travel and get home for 6 weeks.

Announcements today about what type of businesses can remain open but fortunately our stage 3 restrictions aren’t as hard as those in the city on stage 4. At least one of our kids might need help if it puts him out of work.

However we should have gone harder for longer in the first place, so hopefully after this we will get control back.

Lancpudn likes this.
  14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We have a male Lyrebird scratching aroung the back not far from our deck. They are reclusive and special birds that most people only see in wildlife parks. We hear them imitating the calls of other birds within its range most mornings here.

Very lucky to have seen him!

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Lancpudn

You guys are soiled for choice down under, I remember the David Attenbourough documentary about those Lyrebirds & the sounds it was imitating was incredible.

Looks like a train driving marathon for me whilst we're in self isolation, Got to do those C-19 tests this afternoon & get them in the post, I'll need my older brothers help to pop them in the postbox.
    Got to get some home delivery shopping sorted out too as the larder is looking a little empty.

16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We had a cheeky Brushtail Possum in the tree just off the deck last night and he must have come up on the deck at 4am as the sensor lights went on then.

Bloody cold day and we’re heading home to beat the Covid lockdown. Glad we gat down for a few days as it will be 6 weeks before we can come back again, if then.

I need to get in before the shops are shut down for a few things medications included. Need diesel too.

17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

After today we are locked down for 6 weeks. Shops will be busy today I expect.

18. Lancpudn

We ordered online shopping yesterday as we're in self isolation until those tests come back & the earliest delivery slot available is next week :wow: Lots of people are doing the same thing whilst we're in these restrictions here & they don't have enough vans/drivers to deliver the shopping.

I dare say it will give us chance to empty the freezer of the stuff that gets pushed to the back :shock: & I've got teabags, coffee & enough vegetables in the garden/greenhouse & flour/yeast to make bread with so alls good. :yesway:

Digger likes this.
  19. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We intended to go grocery shopping today but it was such an awful day we changed our minds.

Talking about frozen food and store food we could go weeks without shopping if push comes to shove.

We have long life milk and make our own bread and it’s really only veggies that we need regularly.

Then again I’ve just cracked my last “emergency” bottle of whisky. I bought 3 bottles on special back in March. I am out of beer but don’t care about that much.

I bought a 50mm bottle of Oregano Oil online today as sources locally will be closed for 6 weeks. Our post office has one small window for parcel pick up and I hate to imagine the length of the queues.

Lancpudn likes this.
  20. Lancpudn

Well the C-19 test results came back negative for all of us so we can arrange to go & collect the shopping as we don't have to self isolate any longer .:dude: The local restrictions are still in place here as the number of confirmed cases are still high.