Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Yabbadabbado! Our daughter has finally taken all her horsey stuff to the new stables she's rented and I've got my garage & shed back, :thumb: She hired a transit van yesterday & shifted the lot.

It's the first time in ages I've been able to get to my old Rover as it'd been used as storage table for the last twelve months :frown: So I thought I'll take the battery maintainer off & give it a run & a wash & brush up. :yesway:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Digger likes this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

You dote on that Rover more than I do our Subaru. That's saying something!

Lancpudn likes this.
  3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I have a bloody big excavator sitting up the front waiting for the operator to arrive and h’es going to rip out 30 or more big eucalypt trees that were killed in the fires late last year.
    If the trees is dead the roots don’t hold these big trees and a bit of rain and wind and down they come! It’s unsafe leaving them there!

Sigh, another $6.5k.

Then I have to cut them up and process the material.

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Don't those burn real nice for heating purposes?

5. Lancpudn

Yeah I have a soft spot for the old Rover car brand especially this Rover 75 model, I cant bring myself to get rid of it but getting it through the annual MOT without some major work plus the emissions test is getting harder & harder without spending a wedge of cash on her which I don't have to spare these days.
    It's been on SORN (statutory off road notice) with the DVLA for the last few years, if your car isn't taxed,insured or MOT'd you cant park it on public road/land otherwise it gets towed to the breakers yard.
    Bugger! just been outbid on the greenhouse auction on ebay that's up today :frown:

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Oh the "don't be 'that guy'" law. That guy with half a junkyard in the front yard and the other half in the back.

Lancpudn likes this.
  7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Yes after being cut, split and stacked for at least 12 months it’s a great fuel but I already have wood coming out my a$$. I guess there’s 3 years of cut wood waiting to b split sitting near the splitter. I did a deal with Tim the contractor yesterday to take a lot of it away otherwise it won’t be cleaned up for years. Amongst other things he sells firewood.

Yesterday we lost heaps of annoying stumps, his machine just pulled them out like plucking dandelions! He's making burn piles for me and saving so much work that it’s worth every penny.
    He pulled out the remnants of my top orchard which was dozens of stumps and 9 olive tree stumps elsewhere. Thats saved an enormous amount of work for me!

I need to find some soil to fill in the holes but that isn’t a huge problem.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020 at 5:00 PM
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I went in and picked this up from the PO yesterday. This is a “redemption” item that Makita gave me because I bought a 36v chainsaw. It has a retail of $229.
    [​IMG]
    Buying a chainsaw kit gave me 2 x 5amp batteries ($150 each), a double rapid charger ($190) and the radio. If I add up the cost of each item exc. the saw I got the saw for free! The kit was $709.

I got it going on bluetooth straight away and it’s pretty good sound. Radios stations still need to be programmed and I’ll do that when I have time but I mostly just use Spotify through my phone. It's going to be ideal for the new shed.

Lancpudn likes this.
  9. Lancpudn

LOL I have a friend like that who collects cars in need of restoration & never does anything with them, They just rot into the ground. :shock:

10. Lancpudn

I'd buy some lotto tickets mate your lucks in :thumb:

I'm off shortly to go & dis-assemble a greenhouse I won on ebay yesterday, Not looking forward to it but needs must, I've had enough painkillers to drop a donkey, My missus is coming with me to stop me falling off the step ladders :D

Digger likes this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Parachute?

I actually got about 5 steps up a ladder this morning to help the plumber replacing some fire damaged guttering. It was either Gael or I and she looked so uncomfortable up the ladder that I told her I’d do it. I had verandah posts besides me to support me if I got vertigo and I did feel shaky, but got it done.

Lots more work here today and mostly I slashed and did tractor stuff. I’ll unpack the box grader tomorrow in anticipating cleaning up the damage from machinery in the paddocks. I’m also going to start lighting up some of the large burn piles as restrictions are only 6 weeks away.

As of tomorrow midnight a lot of our Stage 3 Covid restrictions fade away and we can have people here and travel. Waiting on hearing if our park at Mallacoota can open and if it can were off..........................exit stage right~

Lancpudn likes this.
  12. Lancpudn

We managed to dis-assemble 90% of it but by that time my back had had enough :shock: nuts & bolts on greenhouses are no different to nuts & bolts on old cars, They snap, even doused in WD40. :frown:

It's a good job I took my grinder & a electric extension reel with me as most of the steel bolt fittings had to be ground off, I even managed to break three panes of glass too:rolleyes: as someone in the past had glued them to the frame:frown:
    I'll have to get my younger brother & his van to collect it later in the week as I'm doing nothing for the next few days to let my back recover.:thumb:

This is the 8'x6' 'lean to' greenhouse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 3:56 AM
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Looks like a real project there old mate!
    I reckon you are up for the challenge though.

Huge things happened here today and I’ll tell you tomorrow.

Main thing is we are going to Mallacoota for a week starting Friday followed by my shed erection late next week or early the next.

It’s all good boys & girls!

Lancpudn likes this.
  14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Well the tree removal project was in full swing yesterday with maybe 40 big trees removed. The better stuff is put aside for cutting up, the rest is in piles to be burned. I lit up 2 big piles yesterday and it will be interesting to see how much is left this morning? Plenty left to do though. The bloke with the chainsaw Mick, has offered me a 50/50 deal. I supply the wood, he cuts it up and we have half each. If that comes off then it will be a good deal deal for me!

The paddocks are ruined for now as the heavy tracked excavator has ripped everything up and it’s an awful mess. It’s going to take time to renovate things and get proper access back again.

We had 2 lots of visitors yesterday and it was a lovely social time after a long drought with little company.

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Lancpudn

Another good deal with the chainsaw guy mate, I could have done with his services yesterday! The purple hazel tree had to cut right back to make room for this greenhouse.
    Being a suburbanite I don't own a chainsaw or an axe :shock: Do I turn my mancard in? :D

I have a machete for some weird reason :dunno: Anyway lots of painkillers later I hacked & slashed it down ready for the greenhouse, Still got to do some digging to get a level surface prepared yet :thumb:

[​IMG]

16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Mate, even I've got a little Fire Axe. Won't do bugger all against the mighty oak on the property, but the others are nervous.
    [​IMG]

Lancpudn likes this.
  17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Well my mind is spinning! Up at 4am because there’s s much in my mind I can’t sleep!

Yesterday Tim the excavator operator came to me to discuss the next part of the clean up project, the 6 acres or so with hundreds or even thousands of mostly dead trees, all part of the commercial plantation we put in years ago. Figures of $10k and even more had been bandied about and yesterday he offered to do it for $3k while the machine is here.

He immediately got one of his blokes here to carry out the job and the place is a different proposition to what it was a few days earlier! It’s a huge mess though and I’m not sure how to go about restoring it to pasture, but something will work out. I can’t put my tractor on it the way it is as there are far too many sharp bits and deep holes. Debris everywhere.

i had to jump at the chance to make it happen and am glad that it’s underway.

OTOH we are off to Mallacoota for a week or close to, this morning so I will forget about it for a few days. It’s been months since we’ve been there with our mates and although the weather doesn’t look wonderful it will be fantastic to finally get away after months of lockdown.

Raiyn and Lancpudn like this.
  18. Lancpudn

LMAO :rofl::rofl: I only own a sledge hammer & a machete for destructive work only :thumb:

Raiyn likes this.
  19. Lancpudn

You don't do anything down there by halves do you mate :thumb: It must look like a bomb site again but then again that was an offer you couldn't refuse for all that heavy work.
    Have a good restful holiday over in Mallacoota you've earned it.

Digger likes this.
  20. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

For persuasion, I've got Baby Mjolnir.
    Screenshot_2020-09-17-12-30-09 (1).jpg
    2.5 lb one handed hammer. Just the right size when you want to drive your argument home.