Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Thanks Cobber and it is a bomb site and going to be worse next time we see it. However you have to break eggs to make an omelette but it’s the beginning of our renewal. (apologies for all the cliches’)

Mallacoota is working it’s magic already and being with our friends last night again was amazing. There are 8 of us here this time but that has been up to 20. (oh and Bella)

I have a very annoying Wonga pigeon with a loud repetitious call jut outside and I wish I could have bought my air rifle~

Grin.

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

More digging to do than I thought to get a level base for this greenhouse :facepalm: The lawn climbs up at an angle where the base is going in so I need to shift a lot of soil, where to put it though! without having to handle it twice and get earache from her indoors :D:hmm:
    Then again I might say sod it today, My back isn't the best today for spade work.

3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

You need a “Digger”...Grin~

4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

How I get around that: Have her "help"; either physically or have her tell you where she wants it.

She doesn't wanna help? I do it my way - because I offered.

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I just do it!

6. Lancpudn

I had to move the stacks of glass panes yesterday to a safer place so I ended up cleaning all the glass panes with a soap & bleach solution to get rid rid of the green mold, I even managed to break yet another pane :rolleyes: That's four now for heavens sake :facepalm:
    I'm going to do a bit of digging out today whilst it's forecast dry weather and will have to put the soil down me trousers like he did in the film Shawshank Redemption and release it bit by bit around the garden :rofl:

Paruwi likes this.
  7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

You could end up with a gritty.....? Well, you know~

We all went to Lucy’s Chinese restaurant for lunch today and it felt like old times. Too much food for lunch and it might be a toasted ham and cheese sanger for us tonight (pan fried in butter with baked beans piled on the top) We don’t know how to do minimalist...Chuckle~

Paruwi likes this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

The beautiful morning fills me with optimism for better times ahead.

9. Lancpudn

Day off today me thinks! A couple of the cuts on my hands from the glass breakages have swelled up &are oozing :wow:I think they have become infected:rolleyes: I'll ring the Doc's later.

10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

That’s no good Cobber! Don’t be stupid like me, wear gloves when handling sharp stuff!

I cleaned the outside of the van and annex yesterday and about lunchtime we headed to the beach for a walk as it was a beautiful day! Bloody masks give me asthma and I struggled a bit...well al lot really. Bella had fun though.

Lunch from the bakery was lovely, as always.

Strong winds had misaligned our TV antenna so I got up a couple of steps and adjusted it. Tightening it put it off target slightly so I grabbed the housing to turn it a bit and it crumbled like biscuit in my hand...oops, So no footy last night but doesn’t matter a we lost anyway and the internet side of the set saved the day.

iI had a call from the builder and my “erection” starts today depending on weather, but it looks OK this morning. It’s tempting to go back today but I have the local antenna man coming this arvo so will stay to get that done.

I might do some sanding and painting here today.

Rainbow Lorikeets are squabbling as the explode through the tree tops, bloody racket really but gorgeous birds!

11. Lancpudn

I gave up trying to ring the doctors as it seemed permanently engaged, I found some antiseptic stuff in a bottle so I've been bathing them in warm water & that. The swelling seems to have gone down.

We've been getting the call of seagulls around 6:00am for the last few days, Strange they're inland so far from the sea. It reminded me of family holidays in Blackpool as a kid in the early 1960's :thumb:

12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Do you have a tip nearby?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Replaced the entire TV antenna system yestrday, recabled etc and now have a phased array that doesn’t need an amplifier.
    Good tradesman and a ripper bloke! Much less than I anticipated.

14. Lancpudn

No there are no landfil sites close by here, Rain stopped play today as it's been raining through most of the night & still raining. I managed to get two of the greenhouse sides assembled yesterday after a bit of head scratching, some idiot forgot to label/mark them....cough....me :rolleyes:

I think I need to arrange an appointment for an haircut as I've only had one haircut this year :shock::D
    They might lockdown the place again the way things are going with covid cases.:frown:

15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Mine was driving me mad so I had my ears lowered last week.
    I feel much better.

16. Lancpudn

Mines a mess, I've only had one haircut this year :wow: The hairdressers in town are booked up til the middle of October :wow: You cant just turn up & wait for an haircut. Yesterday was one of those days where you took one step forward two steps back :frown: Dealing with government/council online sites is a nightmare for me anyway! Those stupid drop down box answer options never have anything to do with my problem, Then you speak to someone who is clueless in the problem you have so you get passed around several departments with the same outcome :mad: Still not sorted & I'm not in a mood to deal with these a$rsholes today :mad:
    I shall put the kamp kommandant onto them, :D They'll be sorry if they mess her about :rofl:

Then I tried to get hold of some timber strips, they're called slate batten here what the roofers use, I need them for fastening the greenhouse frame to the garage wall. Well I only need two 2 metre lengths & nobody has any in stock due to furlough.
    A couple of places only sold packs of them in six or eight lengths, I'm not paying out £35 for a pack as two lengths are only 7 quid plus these packs where over 2 metres long & they wouldn't fit in the car :mad:

I think I'll just drive some virtual trains today, the weathers rainy anyway.

17. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

At least I have my beard trimmer / shaver with its guide and my old reliable safety razor. A box of Derby's and a charge are all I need to wrangle the chin whiskers.

18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Heading back home to face reality after escaping for the last week.

19. Lancpudn

Managed to get hold of two 2 metre length slate battens for 5 quid :thumb: & found some horticultural glass panes for the greenhouse at a farm shop near Warrington where I got the greenhouse from, they were being sold for 3 quid a piece because they're weather stained cloudy, beggars cant be choosers so I snapped them up. :thumb:

I don't know if they'll clean up with some wire wool & abrasive cream, if not I can put them at the back side of the greenhouse at the bottom.

20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

This is the progress with my new farm shed. It's the same size internally as the last one though looks smaller, in fact it’s going to be a squeeze! They are finishing it off Wednesday apparently.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.