Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Plumbers seem to play a part in both our lives at present! More bad news!!! The lead pipe that brings the water supply into our house has ruptured under our kitchen floor :shock: Had to get an emergency plumber out who couldn't find the shut off water valve in the street to isolate the supply yesterday afternoon , I'd no idea where it was either, Had to get the water company out to find it, it's 200 yards down the street as we share a common water supply & he's not allowed to turn the water off to the other houses supply, it's been pouring into the house all night :mad: Blew the electrics & ruined our new kitchen, The plumbing company came back first thing this morning to turn off the water supply & are still trying to repair this old lead pipework, They're ripping the kitchen floor & cabinets out & chisel the plaster off the walls as I type, everywhere is sodden. Oh the bastards at the insurance company say pipework repairs are not covered by our house insurance!!! WTF!
    Deep joy.:frown:

2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

OMG! THat's terrible Ian!

Good luck mate. Well better luck at least.

3. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Dreadful news. Hope something good happens for ya!

4. Lancpudn

Cheers guys, More mopping up duties today but at least the leak has been sorted out & a new stopcock fitted, My bad! it was the lead pipe just above the concrete floor that had ruptured I couldn't bend down enough to see, It looked like the fountain of water was coming up from under the ground.

The insurance assessor person is coming out today & I think we'll need some de-humidifiers too, the condensation is running rivers down the windows.:frown:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Blood Dee Hell mate!

Lancpudn likes this.
  7. Lancpudn

I spent hours on the phone trying to get the required amount of quotes to do the jobs (3) but most people are governed by restrictions, This area is on level three the highest :shock: I cant communicate with the house insurers & their claims department as you have to open a online account with them both then they send a SMS message to your mobile phone to activate the account but both our mobile phones are kaput yet until those batteries arrive on the slow boat from China :rolleyes: Usually a 3-4 week wait to the UK. :frown:

Talk about banging your head against the wall. :frown:

8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

And there I thought dealing with our local shire was difficult!
    I wish I could help in some way.

Lancpudn likes this.
  9. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Geez.....talk about a disaster. Best wishes even knowing wishes are of little help at the moment.

Lancpudn likes this.
  10. Lancpudn

I forgot to mention that the loss assessor guy never showed up on Friday, No phone call as to why he never came :dunno: & they weren't answering the phone :mad: I can see this dragging on for months as up until now the insurance company seem anything but helpful :frown:

11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I did a lot of this today! Bloody grass grows far too quickly this time of year.
    [​IMG]

Paruwi and Lancpudn like this.
  12. Lancpudn

Great pic mate & the Blue skies look nice. :cool: I've just been potting up some strawberry runners in pots, should have a good supply of them next year.:yesway:

Paruwi and Digger like this.
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Thanks, it got pretty warm on the tractor yesterday but it’s good to be outside working.

Paruwi likes this.
  14. Lancpudn

My daughter finally brought me some bags of horse manure last night after months of asking :thumb: I shall be digging it into the raised bed I made in the other greenhouse today.
    I managed to mow the lawns yesterday & I've never known as many mushrooms growing in them, clumps of them all over every lawn.

15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Ha and here I am looking to buy a mushroom farm for Gael!

W have mushies in most things we cook, usually in a sauce.

Lancpudn likes this.
  16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I take Gael back up the line to get the cataract in the second eye fixed. This ones in the arvo so we’ve booked into a motel up there and will stay the night and head home Thursday.
    Roz is staying here with the 2 dogs.

That leaves me all afternoon to shop for power tools..........Grin~

Paruwi, Lancpudn and Raiyn like this.
  17. Lancpudn

Hope all goes well with Gaels second eye surgery mate. Shopping for tools is a great pastime :dude:

Paruwi and Digger like this.
  18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

The operation went OK and we are at a motel in Warragul, heading home this morning. She has a little pain but hopefully that won’t last long.

I browsed the local Bunnings hardware store here yesterday and was delighted to find it twice the size of the one at home. I was in heaven!

The bench sander I couldn’t get at home was here in a pile of boxes, so I grabbed one. They also have 2 outdoor tables that I reckon would be good for both home and our deck at Mallacoota. Going to look at them this morning on the way home.

There is another huge tool outlet on the way home which has a Makita random orbital sander that I’ve been having trouble securing. It uses the same battery system that I already have.
    I didn’t have time coming through yesterday but have asked them to hold it for me to pick up this morning.

So it’s been a successful shopping trip for, me and my Darling has new eyes.

Paruwi, Raiyn and Lancpudn like this.
  19. Lancpudn

Sounds like all the ducks lined up & a great trip all round then. :thumb: One of the places I ordered some seeds from on ebay earlier this year sent me a free packet of seeds (raspberry) so I've had them in the fridge for a month or so (as per instructions) & sowed them up in pots yesterday to over Winter & hopefully sprout next Spring. It would be nice to have some soft fruit bushes in the garden. :yesway:
    Nothing planned for today as the weather is wet, Our daughter is back working from home again with the new C-19 restrictions for our area so I've been told to keep quiet & not shout at the telly :D

Paruwi likes this.
  20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We had hundreds of raspberry canes years ago and my mum & dad moved down and so I suggested they could pick some of our berries. Next thing we’d get down on a Friday night and find no ripe berries there for us.The old buggers must have taken colanders full of of our fruit, leaving us berry less.

I’m hoping to be organised enough to buy some berry canes next winter and get them going again. Having berries like that is lovely.

I have heaps of materials to build trellises, just deciding where to put them.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020 at 4:15 PM
    Paruwi likes this.