Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

So I have a wife with two good eyes! Her eyesight is already hugely better and should improve over the next 5 weeks as they heal. Good trip and I found the machinery I wanted and picked up a couple of outdoor settings to boot!

Unpacking of tools this morning...what fun!

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

What's that expression It never rains only pours! Mam fell & broke her hip yesterday & had to be taken to hospital, We couldn't go with her because of C-19 restrictions, She's having hip replacement surgery today. We forgot to give the ambulance guys an overnight bag with her change of clothes/toiletries etc. We cant get anyone to take the bag in to her if we took it, everything is done by ringing reception which as you can imagine takes an age to get through. Bolton general is pretty much on lockdown as C-19 cases there are rife.
    The insurance loss guy is coming this morning between 9:00am & 12:00 about the flood damage, I hope he's not going to mess us about because they've been anything but helpful up til now. :frown:

The mobile phone battery arrived from China yesterday so I have a working phone to activate this online insurance site to upload pictures of the water damage. My missus phone battery hasn't arrived yet.

3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Slow boat from China?

Lancpudn likes this.
  4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

"When it rains, it pours".

I've said it before, I'll say it again **** 2020 right in it's ************ *********** ******** ****** eye socket!

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Lancpudn

That's it. :thumb: Yeah you're right, The entire planet will be glad to see the back of 2020. Halloween is cancelled this year due to the restrictions, Looks like I'll have to make a pig of myself with all the toffees we've bought :dude::thumb:

The insurance assessor guy was totally different to the rather unhelpful people we'd spoke to on the phone at the insurance company & he OK'd everything that got damaged by the water. :) I've got to get the lino up today to clean & dry out the floor today.

6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you’re making progress my friend.

The last couple of days have been a dead loss with it too wet to do anything here.

Hope I can get out tomorrow??

7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

We're going to see a drive in play version of War of the Worlds, then coming home to watch DJ's from a club in Minneapolis. Unfortunately I'll have to make it a shorter night than I'd like as someone is out on Sunday apparently. Probably gonna miss the Viking / Packers radio broadcast too.

Lancpudn likes this.
  8. Lancpudn

Sounds like Lancashire down there at the moment mate :thumb: Everywhere is a quagmire here as the ground is sodden. Nothing on the cards for me today except for a few small patches of lino that is stuck down to the concrete floor, Going to have to get the garden hoe to rip it up I think.

9. Lancpudn

That sounds like a good evening Raiyn. :cool:I still have the original LP somewhere in the house.

Raiyn likes this.
  10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Lancpudn

I couldn't get into that link 'Access denied'. :thumb: Another one of my desktop hard drives went belly up yesterday :frown: Mind you it is 12 years old :shock: I've not lost anything important on it as it was just used for surfing the interwebs :thumb: I've ordered a 128gb SSD from the good people of Alibaba express in China for 10 quid delivered :shock: & the latest Ubuntu LTS OS 'Folical Fossa' off ebay.

12. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Really? They location barred you? Lame!

Lancpudn likes this.
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Tried out some new toys yesterday! I finally completed assembly of my belt sander and tried it out on some fishing knives from my boat. After a quick touch up and a strop, they came up scary sharp! So easy! A bit of practice on a few others and I’ll do our kitchen knife set. Makita battery sander looks the goods too though sanding and painting the verandah and posts might need to wait a few week until the weather settles a bit.

Lancpudn likes this.
  14. Lancpudn

You cant beat a good sharp knife, I have one of those double sided whetstones with different grits I use for my kitchen knives.
    I could do with washing the other greenhouse with a bleach & soap solution as the glass has turned green with algae :shock: Might be better to do it whilst it's raining which will wash it off.:yesway:

15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I managed an hour or so swinging my brute of a brushcutter yesterday. Grass was so long and wet that it was lying down so it presented something of a challenge. It’s dry so far today although showers are predicted but I might get another session in to finish that area this morning and then I can poison the bits I don’t want to regrow and that I cant get to with the mower.

My back isn’t going to be happy but you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do! (while you can do it)

Lancpudn likes this.
  16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Another big morning yesterday with a solid session on the brushcutter followed by poisoning the areas I’d cut. My back reminded me overnight that I need to do something lighter today. I think I’ll mow this morning while I can still find the way to the shed in the long grass! I need to service the tractor too.

I had an electrician call yesterday to look at the job of connecting my new shed up to electricity and the resulting quote which I had just hours later was half the price of the other quote, so it’s worth getting comparisons. Unfortunately he can’t start for 3 weeks but after the fires here all trades are booked solid. Thats $2500 we can use on other areas of rehabilitation!

Raiyn, Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  17. Lancpudn

You're a busy man Digger, I'd need a aquamower here to get on the grass here :D the weather is diabolical even for this wet county.
    I'm on vet duty later this morning taking my sister & her new 'Sprocker' puppy to get it's first injections, They're a cross between English springers and cockers spaniels.

Paruwi likes this.
  18. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Oh, a mutt! Best kind of dog to have. Gets rid of all those foibles and maladies created by inbreeding.

Lancpudn and Digger like this.
  19. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Another big day with spreading gravel with the tractor and then with my bum on the mower tackling grass that stopped me a number of times. It took me twice as long to do half as much as I used to do and that ended up being almost 3 hours on the mower.

Today will be a bit quieter so my body can catch up.

Paruwi likes this.
  20. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

some goats would do that too....

Lancpudn likes this.