Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Granddaughters gone home but SIL Roz lobbed yesterday as there was a big 21st party next door last night so she opted for peace & quiet here with us.

Well quiet if you don’t mind the calls of dozens of birds and constant frog calls at night.
    grin~

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  2. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Been there, done that, tried not to place blame, but we all knew who the Queen of Pestilence was. Hope the two of you are on the mend soon.

Lancpudn likes this.
  3. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Cheers Digger, Raiyn, Otto :thumb: I'm feeling a little better today & had some scrambled eggs for breakfast, My missus is still struggling to eat something though.

I need to go & get me horse manure :shock: The chap kindly bagged 8 75 litre bags for me & left them at the gate & needs them shifting ASAP.
    It's Kirkless manor a 17 century farmhouse that's been built on over the centuries about 5 miles from me and I think I should be able to make it there & back before I need the toilet again :D

[​IMG]

I emailed him asking if it would be OK to postpone for a day or two saying I apologise for not being unable to collect them because of this bug that's going around, Apparently half of our town has been struck down with it :wow: 2020 just keeps on giving.

I might be cleaning the car out afterwards :D if I'm up to it.:thumb:

4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Couldn’t you just go out in the garden yourself and cut out the middle man?

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Gael’s birthday next week so I’m heading to town to try and get her a present. So many things are unavailable due to Covid it seems, that I may not be successful.

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

It ain't the middle of Oz mate, he'd have the constables on him for scaring the ol' biddys.

Lancpudn and Digger like this.
  7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Chuckle.... I suppose you are right.

There’s a lot going for the Antipodes you know~

Raiyn likes this.
  8. Lancpudn

LOL I like the price of this stuff, It's free gratis :thumb: Icy today so I'll be in front of the fire with my feet up again. :yesway:

2020 just keeps on giving! The kettle went belly up yesterday too, Disaster for a Brit if he cant get a cup o tea. :thumb:

9. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Without tea, how can upper lips remain stiff? :)

Lancpudn likes this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We drink out fair share of tea here down-under too you know. In my case it’s decaffeinated green tea with a drop of oregano oil. Addicted to it in fact! It's those blue pills that stiffen things, not sure if they do lips too?

My new MIG welder arrived yesterday but it was too wet to take it up to the shed. Thats todays job as well as complete assembly of a shelf unit to store it on until I can make a trolley for it.

11. Lancpudn

LOL Life would be unbearable without a cuppa, I always have a pot of tea on the go throughout the whole day, I probably drink far too much, my missus cant stand the stuff & only drinks instant coffee :shock:.

I once bought her a popular blend of ground coffee ( I wouldn't know a good coffee bean if I tripped over one :shock: ) & one of those Cafetieres doodahs & she wasn't keen & went back to the instant coffee. :rolleyes: It's still sat in the cupboard. :thumb:

[​IMG]

12. Lancpudn

Nice, New MIG welder :cool:. What do you use for gas? I used to use the bottles of CO2 (cellar gas they used for pumping pints down the pub), I used to know the barman & he used to swap me a full one for an empty one :thumb:
    Argon was a bit difficult to get hold of around here back then & you had to fork out deposits for the use of their big bottles which were a pain to maneuver with my welder, the cellar gas bottles were only 3 feet tall & around 6" in diameter & fit on the trolley perfectly.

13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Actually I wasn’t intending to use gas at all as I have the option of using it as MIG without gas, or of course I have a separate lead and can use it as a stick welder too. Argon is the gas of choice but costs for the gas and bottle rental so I’ll see how much I use it and how. I think the gas comes in smaller bottles for convenience and I think there is a different wire if you don’t use gas ( inc. flux). I really don’t know much as yet so it will be a steep learning curve for me. Fortunately I have a couple of highly experience welders on hand who will no doubt be available to help me initially.Too many other priorities here ATM and I’ll fiddle with it later.

14. Lancpudn

I think there is a 1kg small reel of gasless MIG wire still on the welder at present as they didn't have any small reels of MIG wire (when I did a small welding job on the Rover) only 25kg reels, I'd never ever that amount nowadays so I got the small reel gasless.

I don't know if I mentioned it but that mobile phone battery for my missus phone turned up from China the other day :shock:
    I found out why I couldn't order one of these batteries in Europe or the UK! :facepalm: The phone is a non replacement battery phone :rolleyes: well you can replace it but you have to unscrew a few things & there's a connection tab on the battery that needs connecting into something in the belly of the phone and it's stuck in place with glue :ohno: So not a job for me :D I cant even see the bleddy tiny screws let alone unscrew them, a job for the guy down the mobile phone shop. :yesway:

15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We seem to have a Chinese bloke at each of our big shopping centres to do jobs like that. Usually well priced too!

We arrived here at Mallacoota around 1 pm yesterday and there were cobwebs and leaves everywhere so I left Gael to unpack while I got to work with a broom.

Later I assembled the flat pack outdoor setting which proved remarkably easy with an impact driver. It works well on our smallish deck!

Last night we went to Chinese with 2 lots of friends and it was as busy as we’ve seen it. Noisy as heck which leaves mt to drift off as I can’t hear people over the background noise. The food was lovely though.

This place and I presume most other holiday places are flat out after restrictions being lifted.

Nice day so what should I do? Some sanding in the bathroom or walk Bella on a stunning beach....hmmmmm?

16. Lancpudn

Bella will go nuts if you don't take her to that beach :thumb: Nothing so scenic for me today, Missus is still in bed with that stomach bug albeit getting better so it's shopping day as the fridge & cupboards are looking a bit bare.

The car needs some petrol in it & I'm not going to put much in it as it's going back off lease in two months time & as the price of fuel has started to creep up again It'll only be getting 10 quid in :D

I noticed it had crept up to £5.18/gallon. AUD9.40 / $6.92 at our local petrol station the other day, They're practically giving it away free with a Latte coffee in most parts of the world :rofl:

Oh! The Kia dealership rang yesterday to arrange this Kia Niro's first MOT, It's booked in for next Thursday, Everything's behind with all the restrictions.
    I still haven't sorted out some Armoured electric cable to the garage, The grounds sodden & there's every length of cable known to man for sale on Ebay bar the size I need :frown: I'll keep looking. In fact I think I'll have to forgo the government grant of £350 towards a wall charger as my antiquated bakerlite electrics in this old house are not up to code & it would cost a small fortune if these guys had to do it. :frown:

I'll buy my own EV charging wall box from the good people at the Chinese Alibaba site, They supply bazzillions of these in China:thumb: :ohno:

17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I put in $60 to $80 worth of Premium ULP in the Honda on average every week. I go through $20 to $30 a week in diesel for the tractor.

Our distances are different to the UK.

18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We had a fantastic night here with our friends. We must have had looking at the empty bottles on the deck this morning!

It was a night full if lots of laughter and conversation and we still have a couple more to go.

19. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I think you and I have a fair understanding of distance driving. :cheers:

20. Lancpudn

If I had to drive long distances like you guys at these prices I'd go bankrupt within a month :shock::D