Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Well third time lucky! Just won a ebay auction for a mobile phone :thumb: I ain't buying a new one because I hardly ever use the bleddy things, If it wasn't for my bank telling me I needed an up to date phone to use my bank account I wouldn't have bothered getting another one :D

Tried to win a Samsung & a Hauwei but got outbid on those, I ended up with a Motorola G8 which is 6 months old & pristine condition for £72 :thumb: It's over & above spec what the bank says I need for the phone app & security.

Raiyn, Paruwi and Digger like this.
  2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

SIL Roz dropped in early yesterday so we cooked brekkie and had breakfast outside on the patio. She stayed almost until lunchtime and we had a lovely time together. After lunch I cleaned the verandah and found out that the new pressure washer will strip paint if I wasn’t careful. I used it to clean off some verandah posts and after a light sand I’ll be able to repaint.

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  3. Lancpudn

I needed to get the Rover out of the garage to get to some stuff I needed, tarted up first turn of the key so as it was cats paw prints I thought I'd give it a wash & brush up, I thought I'd be done with petrol stations but I need to put some in this, the low warning light is on & the old petrol in the tank is over 4 years old over 4 years old :shock:
    I need to get some for the lawn mower too. Looks like I got me a BEV just in time! petrol & diesel prices have risen for the 13th week in a row here:wow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MG-Rover stable :dude::D

4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Wait on! There’s no room for tractors~

5. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Wait, the gas in the car’s tank is 4 years old or gas in some form of storage in the garage is?

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

You should see the state of the rental car we turned in.
    :wow: Interior was OK aside from the front footwells, but the poor thing was absolutely coated in road grime and salt - aside from the windows and lights of course.
    Beat me to it. Running some Stabil in there are you? That stuff would be absolute varnish without it. I didn't even attempt to start my father's snowblower while I was up north. Evidently he wasn't the last user for the last season it ran. I opened the gas cap, took a whiff, put the cap back on,and immediately called to have some local kids clear the driveway. At a minimum the tank needs a clean and the carb will need a rebuild.

Lancpudn likes this.
  7. Lancpudn

LOL Yeah :shock: I didn't expect it to start but it started first turn of the key :yesway: the low fuel light is on so I'd better get some fresh stuff in there if I want to keep moving it in & out of the garage.
    No nothing in the tank except stale petrol :ohno: well virtually none since I drove it around the service road, It'll get some fresh stuff in it this week.:thumb:
    I honestly don't know what to do with it :dunno:.

The electricity guys are supposed to be coming today to upgrade our 19th century :D shared loop electric supply, I tried to ring them yesterday to make sure they're still coming but nobody answering the phone :ohno:

8. Lancpudn

[​IMG] The electricity guys were here on the ball at 8:00am & are now digging a trench in my lawn :facepalm:

Digger likes this.
  9. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

https://www.amazon.com/STA-BIL-22214-Fuel-Stabilizer-Fluid_Ounces/dp/B000B68V6I
    That's the stuff to get. I don't believe you have Ethanol blended gas over there so you probably don't have to worry about separation and rusty gas tanks caused by a less than full tank. However the product above has been around for years - for a reason.

Lancpudn likes this.
  10. Lancpudn

Cheers Raiyn, I'll look into that because I don't want anything to go wrong with the fuel system, I still need to be able to move the car about.:yesway:

Raiyn likes this.
  11. Lancpudn

They had to bring in a mini digger with bucket to get down to the main supply cable, they dug down 4 feet with spades but it was deeper than that, I thought they might be digging in the wrong place but the cable finder device was bleeping like crazy. My lawns a muddy mess :shock: as it started raining halfway through & the hole is full of water now :facepalm: as it's been raining for most of the night too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paruwi likes this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Mini Digger?

13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

No worries, that's what we're here for - to help and pass on knowledge where we can.
    Sod it all. :laugh2:

14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I wrestled with putting the slasher back onto the tractor yesterday, and wrestled is an appropriate description of what I had to do. The tractor mechanic had been out do so something to it and left it sitting half off the pallet I had it on and not even straight, much less level! I secured a drag chain and dragged it out of the carport so I could work on it. Then came a laborious process of levering the 500 kilo monstrosity up with blocks and a crowbar to put more blocks underneath to level it and to get my trolley jack under it so I could align pins with linkage arms. It was quite a process and I ran out of steam before finally getting it fully connected. Today I have to figure out how to get the driveshaft connected and a frozen top link arm undone so I can make level adjustments. This is my 4th tractor and I’ve never had so much trouble getting things on and off them like this Kubota. I’ve done it a 100 times before at least!

OTOH I was in town for a haircut early afternoon and we have our 40th wedding anniversary approaching so I went into a fine jewellery manufacturing company (best in town) and commissioned the manufacture of a gold ring set with rubies (3 small ones) which will be ready for the anniversary on the 7th March. Now it had to be an anniversary that was represented by rubies and not zircon or something cheaper, didn’t it? Unfortunately I had to direct Gael to go in on her way from art lessons as they had to get her finger size, so no surprise in what I’m doing, but she doesn’t know what it will look like, but then again nor do I...Grin~

She's the best wife I’ve ever had so I’m happy to spoil her~

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Lancpudn, Raiyn and Paruwi like this.
  15. Lancpudn

LOL You have Mini Me :thumb:

They had a pump running continually pumping the muddy water out to the back service road in pipework, thank heavens they didn't just pump it onto the drive, I'd recently power washed that., Muddy mess out there & my name will be like er Mud :D with the neighbours. They finished splicing a new supply feed into the main cable & the power is back on with a 100A fuse installed.
    [​IMG]

They left yesterday without back filling the hole :dunno: I had a look this morning and it's now filled up with water again. :facepalm: They'll have to get the pump out again today , I bet all that spoil doesn't go back into the hole:shock: It never does.

Paruwi likes this.
  16. Lancpudn

Nice one mate, That will be a fantastic 40th wedding anniversary present. :cool::yesway:

I cant get a haircut for love nor money here with a lot of restrictions still in place. :frown: Beginning to look like a scarecrow again :D
    I tried setting that mobile phone up yesterday with no success!!! I couldn't get my email addresses set up so I put it a drawer before I threw it down the yard :mad::facepalm: God I hate those things & I have zero patience with them any more.

Paruwi and Digger like this.
  17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Your comments about the phone would have got a double like from me if I could! Apple and their bloody insistent demands for passwords if giving me the Jimmy Brits!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021 at 5:09 AM
  18. Lancpudn

Nobody turned up yesterday to backfill the hole :frown: It's still full of water & a muddy mess.:mad: I'm hoping this isn't going to run into days/weeks before the jobs finished.

19. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

My mate Tony came around and helped me finish fitting the slasher and it was a 2 man job for sure. Today I'm clear to start cleaning the long grass up. We sat and nattered for quite a while and it was a nice visit.

Neither of us felt like cooking so we ordered some pizzas. Out here there is only one company that delivers to us and fortunately they are the best pizzas in the area. We sat on a small setting out the front where the setting sun was still warm and watched our birds and the changing light. The property might have received terrible damage but it’s still very beautiful and we had a lovely meal outside.

20. Lancpudn

The hole is filled in :yesway: A team of Irish contractors showed up & set to work pumping out the water & back filling the hole, They cleaned up & even reseeded my lawn as it had turned into a quagmire with the mini digger & wet weather.
    I power washed the driveway & the road outside our gates to get rid of muddy feet marks. We need a good rainfall to wash the muddy water down the drains now.
    The electricity board guys will be back next week working on a neighbours house (same as ours) to upgrade their electricity supply, The chap came across to see what the job entails and was horrified at the muddy mess, He's had to take his decking up as the main cable is under it :facepalm:

Digger likes this.