Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

***quietly backs away from the angry Brit***

Lancpudn likes this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

LOL Everything to do with PC's/software is against me lately! Besides the hassle with the PC's I went to get some more Irish compost from the local garden centre & thought I'll use my new contactless debit card I'd finally set up on my phone to pay for it.
    Nope bloody thing wouldn't work either :mad: It's been around 6 weeks I've been trying to sort this banking app out on this new motorola g8 phone :mad: So I says to the chap I'll use the debit card normally in the chip & pin machine, Nope was refused that as well :mad::mad::mad: I had to go back home & get some cash to pay for it. :rolleyes:

I've put the bloody phone back in the drawer before I dropkick it down the garden. :D

3. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Wait, you're having these kind of problems - with a Motorola?

That's rather odd indeed.

4. Lancpudn

Motorola's great, the bank & their stupid banking apps not....or it could be the idiot user :shock::D

5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Now it's my turn to be a bit of a grump. My defending champion University of Minnesota-Duluth Men's Hockey team lost their bid to win the NCAA Frozen Four tournament for the third straight time.
    I had a whole description here, but I'll just boil it down.

The Bulldogs, in my opinion, stopped competing after they were up 2-1 against UMass resulting in a 3-2 overtime loss.

Guess I'm rooting for St. Cloud (MN) State to win it all now.

6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I had this here yesterday!
    https://i.imgur.com/5StRznY.jpg
    I shared it with my mate Tony for the weekend and we both removed a number it troublesome stumps.

Tony’s son Grant came too and set up my as yet unused MIG welder and I did some fairly messy gassless welding. Lots more practice needed!

Good mates!

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  7. Lancpudn

I bet that bit o kit doesn't take any prisoners :cool: I found some more rotted out decking boards yesterday so I had just enough decking board left to replace them, My knees are killing me this morning with kneeling down.

soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I have my fencer mate coming to fix the rear farm fence this arvo. My neighbour controlled it’s construction after the fire and it’s failing so I will get it fixed to stop cows pushing through. I didn’t take much notice before as I was busy getting 3 other fences rebuilt.

2 weeks after my eye op and I can resume normal duties from today.

9. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

That's an ominous looking contraption.

Never had to remove a tree stump myself. Does it just chew up the stumps and spit them out?

Digger likes this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Yep it blasts it apart! Small "hammers” made of very hard metal spin on a disc and break bits off the stump. Yep sure was ominous especially of you are a stump! Big heavy machine and hard to get in the right position.

soulman969 likes this.
  11. Lancpudn

Today's the day!!! Some C-19 restrictions are being lifted & non essential shops can open for the first time in months.
    I'm sat here with phone number in hand waiting for my local hairdressers to open so I can book an appointment to get this mop top cut, Lots of home hair cuts on people around here :rofl:

[​IMG]

Paruwi, Digger and soulman969 like this.
  12. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Here too, but I just have SWMBO clean up my neckline with my beard trimmer and tie back the rest. ;)

Lancpudn likes this.
  13. Lancpudn

No joy ringing the hairdressers as there was no answer :dunno::frown: I'm hoping they're going to be open today.

14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I spent the morning putting out a mix of herbicides on the tractor, (100 litres) much of it trying to bowl over a thicket of unwanted wattles behind the dam. The new rewinding extension reel was great as it allowed me to cover 15 metres in both directions walking the spray into difficult spots. Today I need to use the backpack spray to get in around the house. I also need to mow again. I’m investigating hiring/buying a wick wiper to use on the bracken without affecting pasture now we have cows here.

First off it’s early into town to see the podiatrist, then get a part from the engineering supplies and then to Vic Roads to see if I can change the ute registration into my name as I get Rego free. The Honda used to be the more expensive rego but not now.

My mate Simon the fencer came late in the day and sorted the weakness in the back fence. See how it goes?

Out to tea with good friends tonight, so not a bad day all in all.

Some days I almost feel like a real farmer~

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  15. Lancpudn

Finally got an appointment for a haircut on Thursday :applause:The 5 quid barber in town was booked up solid for this month & most of next month :shock: Lots of people in dire need of a haircut it seems.:thumb:

16. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

I recall going through the same deal last spring and summer.

The shop I've gone to for nearly 10 years closed temporarily just before I was due for a trim. This was in March 2020.

They opened briefly in May so I did get that trim but closed for good around the 1st of July. So many other shops around here were also closed it was tough to find a place to go or get an appt if you found one because of limited staff and hours.

Finally found a shop nearby around October and made an appt. only to have that person quit just days before my appt. and no one else had an opening that would work for me. It was crazy time around here with shops keeping short hours.

Finally found a one man shop that I like and am back on my 6 week schedule or thereabouts but man whatta siege last year.

Lancpudn likes this.
  17. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Once I've hit "full vaccinated immunity" or at least the 3rd week of May I'll start scheduling stuff like the dentist (no way in Hell was I gonna risk that) and finding a new place to get my hair cut.

The last guy I had bailed about 6 months before C-19 for Tennetucky and I never got around to finding someone else. Chivalrous to the end, I usually let SWMBO go in first and her last "wasn't exactly up to standards" to put it diplomatically. If I'm honest, I'll likely just keep it long, but have it evened out.

Lancpudn likes this.
  18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I had an “off” day yesterday and returned from town feeling so tired I could barely function. I went back to bed for an hour but felt buggered all day. As a result I tinkered around with a couple of small jobs, nothing substantial.

19. Lancpudn

That sounds like my days :thumb: I got all the seedlings outside on the driveway in the afternoon sunshine yesterday as they just seemed to have stalled with the cold & low light, I tweaked my back bending down to pick them up & cant even bend down to put my socks on today :facepalm: I shall be doing naff all until it's time for my haircut.

20. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I'm finally (maybe? probably) going to install that electrical outlet for the front side of the garage this weekend. I had to buy a drill bit, but all I really wanted was a hole. I've decided to make both exterior outlets switched, the front will be controlled by the porch light switch and the back will have its own switch in the garage. I'm unconcerned about the porch light switch because I put a real heavy-duty sucker in there and the new one I'm putting in is equally as robust.

Lancpudn likes this.