Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

It’s heading that way here too! Though we’ve never really used coal here and briquettes (dry coal compressed) for many years, the heaters now can’t be made to burn overnight. All my wood is stacked and air dried for over 12 months and I check it with a moisture meter before bringing it in. 18 months drying gives and even better burn and is very hot! I don’t know what bought firewood costs in other places but it’s exorbitant here and I imagine putting it in a kiln for further drying would just about kill it as a heating source, which is the intention of course.

We have a combustion heater and an open fire in the house so rely on our own fuel for main heating. That reminds me that I ned to get on my bike and do some more splitting.

I returned to the mess of wood in the top area yesterday and cut up pretty much all of the remaining of the 2 piles. There are a couple of bits buried under the cut stuff that I’ll push out and cut up when I've picked up the rest of it. I wore a ski mask and filtered respirator this time but quickly lost the ski mask as it was totally fogged up and full of perspiration.

Up early and off to Melbourne this morning for Mothers day. Gael wants to spend time with family and it should be fun. We are seeing our GD and GDD tomorrow before coming home. Because of Covid we haven’t seen them for over a year and are excited about seeing little Pyper and expect she will have changed a lot in that time.

soulman969, Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  2. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

We are returning to the gypsy market vendor lifestyle tomorrow, and we’re equally excited and terrified. But it’s at the market where we started all this 5 years ago - well, 4 if you don’t count 2020’s absence - so it’s at least familiar waters into which we wade.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  3. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

I didn't do a solitary thing yesterday because of the rain, 16 hours straight it rained :frown:

Paruwi likes this.
  4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I was out yesterday installing SWMBO's outlet for the front of the garage. If there was a bug in the county, it came 'round to bite me. I never reacted to bug bites in Minnesota like I do here.
    20210509_143004.jpg
    Power comes in from the right, into a GFCI outlet I installed months ago, up into the silver box where the line that keeps going vertical goes into the house to a switch which controls both the porch light and the new exterior outlet. Yellow line is the more recent stuff. For whatever reason I like putting those square box covers as a backing when I'm doing a wall penetration. I stuck a scrap foot long section of PVC conduit into a fitting screwed into the back of the box, cemented it, and shoved the assembly through the hole. I then secured the back of the conduit with a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer that I cut down into a sleeve, slid down, and cemented.

20210509_143105.jpg
    If nothing else, the box cover helped me line up my hole. It's about as centered under the light as a guy cares to be.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Bit tired today after a Mothers day trip up to Melbourne so Gael could visit family.
    The usual 4 hour trip up on Saturday became more than 5 hours with road works almost continuously from well before we hit the suburbs and all the way from then. Whole swathes of countryside giving way to housing development and disrupting everything!

Too many bloody people!

We had a nice time with the kids and are lucky to have a great family.

6. Lancpudn

Nice neat job there Raiyn :yesway: I've yet to finish off that armoured electric cable to the garage yet, I'm trying to build up the enthusiasm to tackle it, :thumb:

7. Lancpudn

I'd never think of a huge country like Australia being overcrowded,:shock: All the open spaces we had when I was a kid here have long gone, It's getting to the point where all the individual towns & villages are merging into one big sprawl :frown:
    There's hardly a green field left in my immediate area compared to how it was in my youth. :frown:

8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I think they call it progress????

soulman969 likes this.
  9. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

It’s almost midnight, I’m couch surfing in Toowoomba, Queensland, there’s a thunder storm raging outside &, after a very long absence, I think I may have just managed to log back in here... eggs (aka Stuart) to €pi-Earth, can you read me???

soulman969, Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  10. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

If I had my way, the whole house would be done up in armored cable, especially after that outlet fiasco in the spare room / my clean shop.

11. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Stuart! You still walk amongst us! Glad to hear from you!

Stuart likes this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Hello stranger! How the heck are you?

Bit out of your patch there aren’t you?

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Stuart and Paruwi like this.
  13. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I had a hearing review yesterday and found no further loss in the last year. However my comprehension without assistance through my left ear had jumped by over 20%!

I didn’t know such a thing was possible!

Apparently with inadequate hearing aids your ears can get “lazy” and now after a year with my wonderful Signia aids it’s come good. Thats my explanation of what happened as I understand what was said to me. However that has to be good and I’m very pleased. I should be able to hear you blokes better now~

On the way home I bought a replacement telescopic sight for my as yet unused Walther PCP airgun. There was one supplied with it that is crap and needs replacing. I didn’t spend a lot of money but the optics look nice. I haven’t seen a rabbit during the daytime since the fire but there are a few around at night now.

Looks like a quiet day (sigh) as it’s pouring rain and will at least continue through most of tomorrow. Darn! I finished my book last night!

Raiyn, Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  14. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

Welcome back Stu :wave:

Stuart and Digger like this.
  15. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

G’day Rob. We’re here awaiting the arrival of Miriam’s second bub.

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Ah well exciting times Grandpa! Hope all goes well.

Stuart and Paruwi like this.
  17. Lancpudn

Hello Stuart, Long time no see, Hope you're well. We had every season yesterday! High winds, Hail, Rain, Thunder, Lightening & Sunshine :shock: Even got some of my neighbours garden furniture in my trees :wow: Some sort of gazebo structure. Ended up with a broken pane on the greenhouse when it rolled over off the trees :frown:
    I managed to man handle it back over their fence as they were out at work. The steel box section frame was quite bent in a few places.

[​IMG]

Paruwi and Stuart like this.
  18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Oh darn it!
    Thats a worry mate! Must have been very strong winds otherwise it couldn’t have been secured to the ground properly.

Paruwi and Lancpudn like this.
  19. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

This kinda says it all.

20. Stuart

Stuart Well-Known Member

2610C777-F7B7-4245-82CB-2C0E3A2699A7.jpeg Other than missing my birthday by just one day, all went very well indeed thanks mate... Here’s your Sydney RV traffic warden with the almost two year old Rosie & her brand new little Bros. Elliot :thumb:

soulman969, Paruwi, Raiyn and 2 others like this.