Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’m supposed to be in town early for a podiatrist appointment but we are having a heavy rain event and my keenness is dwindling rapidly. Its a couple of hours before light and if there is a lot of water lying then I’ll take my 4WD in just in case have to go through water.

After that it’s light the fire and get into my book.

Raiyn and Paruwi like this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

You in Lancashire mate? :rofl: I'm seeing a lot of those e-bikes around here lately, most of the riders seem to be in the 50+ age group and they don't half whizz past effortlessly on them.:yesway:

soulman969 and Digger like this.
  3. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

I found a large screw type pin underneath my chair and realized it was a part of the chair, so I took it in to have it fixed and maybe price a replacement. Wow. Replacing my chair with a similar but slightly larger version is $2,000. My eyes watered. They fixed the existing chair, complimenting me for taking such good care of it for 20 years, and I didn’t realize how whacked out of shape it was until I sat down. My back is thanking me!

soulman969 likes this.
  4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Make sure you know how deep the water is before you try it. Quite often we get people over confidently trying crossings on flooded sections of road and it ending poorly.

Digger likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Thanks yes, but it fizzled out as rainfall to yesterday morning was nothing like predicted. I think I’ll go back to watching what the ants do as they are more accurate....Chuckle~

soulman969 likes this.
  6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Our computer bloke lobbed yesterday and sorted out passwords for my Apple devices. It was constantly niggling me and now it’s sorted! I wasn’t able to download apps the way it was and the current Govt. requirement is to use a QR code that you scan before entering businesses and that gives them a clear record of who has been where and when, for contact tracing if heaven forbid we get infected people down here.

I don’t like being tracked but in this case we all need to co-operate to remain safe. I need to back the phone up this morning and then will consider replacing it with something like an iPhone 12 mini. Bigger phones don’t fit in my pocket. OTOH hand I may just put it in for a new screen and protector as $1200 seems a lot for a knock around phone thats with me in the paddock and on machinery a lot of the time and has a very hard life. I use it for the odd phone call but mostly it’s there to stream Spotify.

Raiyn and Paruwi like this.
  7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

If I were to get a new phone today it'd be an unlocked Samsung A52. I don't need flagship options, just something good. My A50 has done right by me the A52 would just be the newer, slightly fancier version. I'm not big on Apple's Walled Garden.

8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Everything else is Apple and it ties together.

Yes it has to be unlocked as Telstra our main telco is a huge rip off! I have an Aldi card in most things at a fraction of the cost and they uses the same network as Telstra.

Coverage is a major issue out here in the sticks and needs to be considered.

Raiyn likes this.
  9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

The BIG weather event largely missed us and caused a heap of damage west of us. There has at least been one fatality, a 60’ish man found in his car almost covered in water. Not so far away as we’d like either. With the change of fortunes with weather we can afford to get down to Mallacoota for a few days and all our friends are there giving us grief for not being there with them. Talk about pressure! They don’t realise that us “Graziers” can’t just leave on short notice...Chuckle~

Our tame builder has all but finished our double bunk to cupboards conversion in the caravan so we will see that tomorrow and of course pay him. Cash moves mountains~

Joe our next door neighbour that owns the cattle here delivered a new feeder today and some hay. They were last seen ripping into it as the sun set.
    [​IMG]

Paruwi and Raiyn like this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

The BIG weather event largely missed us and caused a heap of damage west of us. There has at least been one fatality a 60’ish man found in his car almost covered in water. Not so far away as we’d like either/

11. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Jeezus, if anyone demanded that here MAGA Nation would come unglued that the tyrants wanted to piss in their corn flakes of freedom.

They tell one another Bill Gates has put tracking devices in the vaccine as an excuse for not getting vaccinated yet they all carry around cell phones that can easily be tracked and post their locations and doings daily on Facebook. :facepalm:

Most ignorant selfish buncha bastards I've ever seen.

Lancpudn, Paruwi and Raiyn like this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We have our share of morons here too, but largely we are a fairly law abiding mob.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  13. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Yes, and you at least have the advantage of large tracts of land between you and the morons. We’re surrounded! Although I read yesterday that here in Memphis, we’re way ahead of the rest of the bumpkins in percentage of residents fully vaccinated, so that’s a tiny bit of good news.

soulman969 likes this.
  14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

I knew I liked you. I wasn’t sure if that reference would be caught.

Raiyn likes this.
  16. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Caught a vomiting diarrhea bug from somewhere & been laid low all day yesterday, I've only got up this morning to see to the cats & water the plants then I'm off back to bed again.

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  17. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Ugh.....that's doesn't sound at all pleasant. Rest up. Feel better.

Lancpudn likes this.
  18. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

oh sh!t.....

:ohno:

19. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

:cheers:

20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Still cold and mucky all around us here but we are having lots of fun with our mates anyway.

Paruwi likes this.