Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

LOL I never knew I had so much in me :D Still feel lousy & weak but at least the symptoms are abating.

soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  2. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lancpudn likes this.
  3. Lancpudn

LOL It's now safe to be more than 10 steps away from the bathroom :D

4. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Some anecdotes from our couple of days at Mallacoota:

Our mates 2 doors down were disturbed by loud noises on their annex roof Saturday afternoon and when they looked found 2 male Lyrebirds up there having a rumble. It’s breeding season. These are birds that most Australians have never seen in the wild!
    [​IMG]

We have a pigeon down there known as a Wonga Pigeon and it’s very common. This is what it looks like.
    [​IMG]
    This bird has the most annoying call of any I’ve ever heard! It goes "Whoo, whoo, whoo" without break for it seems like 20 minutes seemingly without taking a breath. It’s a very strident high pitched sound.

Now my mate Dave knows I don’t like them and keeps referring to them as “Rob's Pigeon, or Rob’s favourite bird.” He's revving me up of course.

So one wanders up to behind us on Sunday morning coming from the direction of Dave’s place! It started off with ‘Whoo, Whoo, Whoo" again and so I looked it in the eye and said "That David sent you here just to annoy me didn’t he?”

The bird just looked me straight back at me and said “Whoo”.

Lastly I noticed a big cobweb on the cornice over the couch where I sit so got some spray and hit it hard. Bloody spiders! I put the spray away and sat back down to read my book when I felt something on my hair!

Then it was crawling on my face so I grabbed it!

I had this nasty black spider between my finger and thumb! I said to him, “Not having a good day are you?" and threw it on the ground to die.”

Only in Oz!

soulman969, Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  5. Lancpudn

We've been getting flocks of Starlings on the bird feeders this year & they fight & squabble like crazy between themselves, I turn the hosepipe on them at times to shoo them away for some peace & quiet :thumb:

The suet log feeder doesn't last a day at the moment without having to refill it. I decanted another batch of comfrey tea into empty 2ltr milk containers for tomato/bell pepper feed & boy did that stink after being in a barrel in this warm weather for a month :wow:

soulman969 and Digger like this.
  6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Flocking Starlings!

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  7. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I only managed about an hour of work yesterday unfortunately as vertigo has been kicking my bum for a couple of days. I stated cutting back some plants with long handled loppers but mostly needed to lean on them to stop from falling over. It was an effort of will to work for that long!

Hoping for better today.

soulman969 likes this.
  8. Lancpudn

That's not good mate, That vertigo makes you feel like crap, I've only had a couple of spells of it this year, Funny you should mention it though as a youtube grower I follow had been AWOL for over a month, He usually makes one vid a week but someone said he left a message on facebook saying he'd been laid low with it & was resting up.

soulman969 likes this.
  9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Third day in a row today and I pushed and got quite a bit done despite having a handicap.

Caused by ear damage back in '69 I have got two types of vertigo and it comes and goes and little I can do.

Bloody frustrating with so much to do here.

Lancpudn and soulman969 like this.
  10. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

OK guys. Time to shut down and finish packing for my vacation journey. No matter how many times I've made this drive before 1000 miles in one straight shot is gonna be a grind.

Keep the place picked up while I'm gone and guard the backdoor. Don't want just anybody sneakin' in here.....LOL.

Lancpudn, Raiyn and Paruwi like this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Have a safe trip SM and we will keep an eye on things. Thats a big drive mate!

12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Much better morning today and I swung that mongrel heavy brushcutter for ages and got all done that I’d planned. Then I grabbed a heavy hoe and walked around destroying hundreds of Scotch Thistles that are just one type of weed here in profusion since we were burned out.
    It was an energetic morning and I’m pretty sore, but have a smile on my face~

13. Lancpudn

Hey have a safe journey Soulman that's a heck of a drive in one hit.

14. Lancpudn

Finally managed to get my 2nd vaccination jab yesterday :applause:, one bonus of being 7 weeks overdue my second jab was the age group getting their first jabs had dropped considerably, The place was full of 30 something young ladies in skimpy attire with this heatwave so not a bad afternoon people watching whilst I had to sit there & wait 15 minutes before you leave :thumb:

Paruwi likes this.
  15. Paruwi

Paruwi Kraut-Rocker

I'll get my 2nd shot in 10 days

[​IMG]

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  16. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Believe me, the relief is incredible once you hit 2nd Jab + 14 days. The maskless morons are no longer "walkers" out of a zombie movie. They're just the same shambling idiots they've always been with a smattering of folks who are just happy not to *need* to wear a mask anymore.

Though fully vaxxed, I continue to mask up inside stores etc. as a respectful gesture to those unable(?) or unwilling (?!) to get their shots. I'm sure they have reasons both real and fantasy, but that has no bearing on my mask usage.

I also like that I don't have to "fake smile" when dealing with certain individuals. That's been a godsend here.

Lancpudn likes this.
  17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Mine is on the 8th July. I’m planning on having a quiet day the next day as the first shot knocked me around for 24 hours, after which I was fine.

Listen, if that nurse tells you to bend over I’m tipping you’ll get an enema, not your Covid shot Pete!

Paruwi and Lancpudn like this.
  18. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We received photos of our Great Granddaughter Pyper last night. She is now 3 1/2 years old and is bloody gorgeous!

Gael and I have 9 grandkids between us but so far only one Great Grandchild.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She’s a dead spit of Nanna, red hair and all.

What do you reckon?

Otto99, Paruwi, Raiyn and 1 other person like this.
  19. Lancpudn

Great pics Mate, What a sweetie she is.:yesway:

Up early today to pick my daughter up from the garage as her Ford Kuga is going in for handbrake work, the days when dad did the jobs are sadly over, I just cant bend down or crawl under cars any more.:frown:

Then it's off to Bolton hospital again with Mam for her heart/pacemaker check up later this morning, I'll try not to upset the parking gods there again. :D

Paruwi and Digger like this.
  20. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

She takes a good picture. You can tell already she's gonna be a handful in a few years though - taking after Pop Pop.

Digger likes this.