Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

No way! She’s gonna be an Angel! Grin~

I have memories of being in a Chinese restaurant the last time we saw her and Liss. She stood up on a chair and announced to the patrons. "I’ve just done a poo in my pants" and then proceeded to wiggle her bum and make blurting noises like farts as loud as she could. She had the whole place entranced and it was a bloody crack up!

On second thoughts maybe you are right Raiyn, more of a Devil than an Angel, but drop dead gorgeous anyway!

2. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

It pissed down all yesterday and in an easing period we decided to go grocery shopping (Wrong!) I only went because the lure was lunch out while in there. We got one small job done but in heavy rain so it was off to the sporting club for lunch as my wife’s hunger cant be denied, or even delayed! Masks on we logged in and found a seat. Licences had to be checked to see we were local. I had Sweet & Sour Pork & Noodles! It was lovely ($17) and certainly something I'll have again if it's available.

Back through the pouring rain to find we’d lost all enthusiasm for further shopping and came home. It was worth going in just for the meal and it’s only a 30 kilometre round trip! I lit the wood heater when we got home and settled into my recliner for the rest of the day. Some rain expected today so who knows?

Lancpudn likes this.
  3. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Mam got a clean bill of health on her heart/pacemaker check up yesterday at Bolton hospital :yesway: Since the 'parkingeye' company took over the hospital car parks they've been relatively empty compared to before, A lot of people must have fallen foul of the new parking laws & got stung with 70 quid fines for this to happen, normally the big car parks are full it takes ages to find a space:shock:
    I think I'll be on grass cutting duties today before the weather changes tomorrow.

Raiyn likes this.
  4. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Uh-huh, just as I suspected. :laugh2: :cheers:

Digger likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

In between the showers I brushcut an area near the front gate yesterday and probably shouldn’t have done with long wet grass .....a fools errand indeed!

6. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Yeah, been there done that, on a much smaller level of course. Still not fun.

Digger likes this.
  7. Lancpudn

Just having breakfast in the conservatory & the bird feeders are full of squabbling fledgling starlings, what a noise. I've a mind to open the door & left the cats chase them away for some peace & quiet :squint:

Good job I got the grass cut yesterday as the forecast was right & the weather has changed.

Paruwi likes this.
  8. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I need the ground to dry out a bit before I can put machinery on it ATM as the knobby tyres just rip things up.
    There’s still a lot of seepage into our dam occurring and of course the cows are pugging things up, but I expect that.
    Only another 80' to 100’ and she will be full! The gradient at that end is very shallow to accomodate wading birds.
    [​IMG]

We had a native Callistamon (bottlebrush) growing near there which was lost to us in the fire but I notice there are dozens of seedlings springing up, so by replanting further up I might be able to create a copse of lovely red bushes.

Lancpudn, Paruwi and Raiyn like this.
  9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I opened the door last night to let Bella out and was nearly bowled over by the racket coming from the dam! It seems the frogs are very happy with the wet!

Lancpudn, Paruwi and Raiyn like this.
  10. Lancpudn

Good to see you're getting some decent rainfall to fill your dam up mate. Frog chorus eh! I've only ever heard it on films :D
    The starlings are all sitting in the trees waiting for me to fill the feeder up with suet balls, I'll leave it til after I've had my cuppa.
    Another hospital appointment with Mam later this morning for a bone density scan.

Digger likes this.
  11. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Sitting out in the summer they are almost deafening, the frogs I mean.

Um? I could help you out with the Starlings if you like only it wouldn’t be suet they
    be getting...Grin~

Lancpudn likes this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We had a morning in town catching up on a number of things that were slipping through the cracks. I seldom get into town so yesterday it was catchup!

Visited the flooring place first made arrangements about getting vinyl flooring through living areas. Not cheap! Next a new doona for our bed, an electronic place sorted my iPhone 6 out and it looks brand new! I thought about upgrading but I use it for half a dozen calls a week and the rest of the time it’s streaming Spotify. Hard to justify $1200 for an iPhone12 Mini really. We have shopping vouchers from after the fire and they are about to expire so Gael bought a boot full of native shrubs and I bought a lemon tree.
    Bella needed a bag of dry dog food, I got petrol for the small machines and finally we visited Gael’s sister Roz.

Oh I forgot the best part, while buying plants we had lunch at the cafe attached to the hardware store and both had a brilliant meal! I had southern fried chicken in a 10” roll, the cooking was perfect, it had a bit of heat and colslaw to die for! $17.50 and I could barely finish it.

Yep a good day all in all!

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  13. Lancpudn

Sounded like a good day out mate, Speaking of ' a bit of heat' in your southern fried chicken meal I ordered some of these 'Habanada' chilli seeds for next season, they have all the taste/smell of a chilli but without the heat :shock:
    Yeah I know Big girls blouse :D but my plumbing just cant cope with regular chilli's so I'm trying these. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372998297867

I also bought an old Heritage variety of pea called 'asparagus pea' :dude: I love both of those veggies so I couldn't resist getting some for next year. My pea plants have done really good this year with lots of sweet peas to eat.

Paruwi likes this.
  14. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I've been thinking just today about putting in a trellis for raspberries somewhere. Previously we had hundreds of canes but I might start with just 10 or 20 and expand by division each season anyway.

I planted a new lemon tree today and dug up and moved half a dozen Callistamon seedlings to above the dam line but still in the lead in where they still get plenty moisture.

15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I felt out of sorts most of yesterday because on vertigo and so didn’t set any records working. The highlight of the day however, was the night!

New doona was magnificent and I might go back to bed and stay there all day, it felt so nice!

I fixed my keyboard! “E” was intermittent so I worked it over with some air and it’s come good!

Paruwi likes this.
  16. Lancpudn

I bought five Autumn fruiting raspberry canes in March & only one of them has grown:frown:, I noticed the other day some of the bottom leaves have been attacked by some pest & it's got sawfly larva chewing on them :mad: I've been manually taking them off from underneath the leaves & squishing them as I'm not sure what to treat it with, I'm down to finding the odd one every few days now so It looks like I'm winning that battle :yesway:
    The blueberry bush I grew last year has lots of berries on it this year :dude:

17. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Now you’re in an area I know something about. You need “Ambush” to spray on as residual deterrent to Sawfly larva. Careful it’s S7 which is up there in potency!

I usually have summer and Autumn varieties of Raspberries to extend the season.

Lancpudn likes this.
  18. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

What’s a doona? I tried looking it up, but all I got was a brand of an expensive pram for the little ones.

19. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I guess it’s another type of quilt Greg, though Doona is the common term here. They usually have a synthetic hypoallergenic filling and are very light.

20. Lancpudn

Cheers mate I'll have a look into that stuff, I've never known a year like this year for garden pests! If it isn't the damn slugs or snails it's been vine weevil grubs, greenfly or these sawfly larva. :frown: A lot of people across the country are finding the same thing especially slugs, Lots of people using Nemaslug. .https://www.nematodesdirect.co.uk/nemaslug/8-nemaslug