Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Pinching your bloody gates? Pack of mongrels! Bring back the Cat I reckon, or maybe take the offending hand (and feed it to the dogs?) We’re too soft with some offenders and they need a good dose of fear! (Rant over)

That reminds me that I still need to order a trolly for my welder and do some practice with MIG welding.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Yeah they're lowlife scumbags, They had a spell at ripping out & stealing the railways signalling cables too, Madness, you can imagine the upheaval that did to the commuter trains :mad:

Finished the welding job on the driveway gates & alls well again :thumb:

Off to take my missus for a hospital appointment this morning then do the shopping on the way back, Deep joy :facepalm:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

soulman969 likes this.
  3. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Nice job mate!

I split another tonne or so of firewood today. Bloody hard work!

Lancpudn and soulman969 like this.
  4. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

I do not envy you that brother. I recall my days of having a house with both a masonry fireplace and a wood burning stove and splitting two cords of wood by hand delivered on a hot August day. I must have lost 10lbs doing it.

These days my back would say don't even think about it. One of this years goals is to find out exactly what is going on back there and short of surgery what can be done about it. It's not getting any better that's for certain.

Very disappointed in my trip to Office Depot yesterday. They were out of the recycled paper file folders they'd advertised for $8.79 per 100 and were pushing others that were more than twice the price. Found those elsewhere.

They also said they accepted printers for recycling so I loaded all three in my trunk but when I wanted to offload them they said I would need boxes for each costing $15 each. :mad: Paying to box what's essentially trash won't fly with me.

So today they get dropped off at a Best Buy store who will gladly take them without charge. Why doesn't Office Depot simply discontinue recycling hardware like that instead of discouraging people from doing it by charging them? :dunno:

So.....just another week in the life begins with a rather massive "to do" list on tap as I clear out a ten years accumulation of stuff I don't intend to keep. I know this move is necessary but it's still causing me a lot of mixed emotions.

Lancpudn likes this.
  5. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

I’ve had a difficult week struggling with continuous vertigo and dramatically fluctuating blood sugar levels thanks to a new medication. Yesterday I pushed through the lot but paid for it last night with dramatic calf cramps that saw me flying out of bed from a deep sleep. I spent most of the night in a recliner so I didn’t keep disturbing Gael, but that didn’t work so well as she kept getting up to check on me.

I see my GP this morning so hopefully I can sort a few things out.

However I figure I’ve got enough split wood for the balance of winter now but another day splitting next week will make sure. Then I can start stacking.

Yeah 75 yo, a moderate Spondlo (lower back), 2 hernias and a myriad of other problems, but I’m not beaten yet!

Raiyn, Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  6. Lancpudn

I didn't do much after getting back from the hospital appointment & shopping yesterday, It was roasting hot in our south facing garden.
    I've been contacted by the opticians already since lock down restrictions were lifted yesterday, I don't know what to do though as they need to get right up into your face for the eye test :dunno: These specs were already overdue for replacing over 18 months ago :shock: when the restrictions kicked in. They are nowhere near as sharp as they once was and I could really do with a pair of fresh prescription specs.

With lots of potatoes in the garden I made a batch of potato salad which went down a treat as there wasn't very much left for the chief cook & bottle wash :shock::thumb:

soulman969 likes this.
  7. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I flat out broke mine at the height of everything last year (pre-vax) and had no choice but to get an exam and a new pair. The doc and I both wore masks (mine with my homemade filter) and got on with it. He wasn't in my face anymore than necessary, and while I wasn't at all comfortable - I need to be able to see. I don't know that I'd go if I were unvaccinated with this Delta variant floating about, but with my shots and a mask... yeah, I'd go.

Lancpudn likes this.
  8. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

I just had my annual, and they required a mask until the part of the exam where they’re checking my prescription and the lenses started fogging up. I go back next week for a dilation to monitor a weensy bit of macular degeneration and a glaucoma check.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  9. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Back in March I had a double cararact operation with follow up tests a month later and all was before we had the Delta variant and now I think I’d be thinking it through a bit more before acting.

Depends on how you assess the risk in your area at the time I suppose.

We have Delta an hour from here now and I’m reassessing a dentist appointment for a couple of weeks time.

“Ya pays ya money, ya takes ya chances”

Lancpudn, Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  10. soulman969

Another day of carting off unused "stuff" to the thrift stores. Looks like I'm getting close to the bottom of the pile. Mostly clothing left now.

I bought one of those Amazon Echo "Dots" that can play music on command and if I really start to go bonkers I'll always have Alexa to talk with. She's very sexy. :dude:

The whole concept of this thing is kind of amazing to me. What it can do. How much info it can store for me or about me. A virtually unlimited music library.

Cost me $25 and $3.99 per month for the subscription to the music library and the sound reproduction is actually pretty good for a device about the size of a hockey puck. Gonna hook it up to a small speaker array tower I use for acoustic and vocals that should produce even better fidelity. The Dot is a neat little contraption.

Lancpudn likes this.
  11. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Speaking of music libraries, I just picked up a Altec Lansing Baby Boom XL Bluetooth speaker.
    [​IMG]
    Sound reproduction is surprisingly good (even at volume) for a device that easily fits in the footprint of my phone. It has the ability to pair with a second speaker to do stereo, but for my purposes, I'll probably stick to the one unit.

I spent a couple hours testing it yesterday with music and podcasts off my phone and while I've heard better speakers, they weren't this small, nor did they cost $20.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B084PZMXRX?

Non affiliate link.

Lancpudn likes this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

This is my fav. bluetooth speaker right now, though it is a bit big!
    https://www.jbl.com.au/JBL+BOOMBOX+2-.html

The sound is amazing esp. the bass.

I’ve got a couple of small JBL Go speakers which are handy for travelling. I’ve given one to my SIL and she loves it!

soulman969, Lancpudn and Raiyn like this.
  13. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Just a bit? :laugh2:
    In my case size was a consideration.
    The one that just died was a non Bluetooth JBL Clip model that I've had a fair few years. The speaker is somehow blown on it and I haven't gotten around to attempting to repair it / salvage components yet. I felt A little burnt by that, so I tried a different flavor.

This new one will allow me to keep my phone on me instead of being tethered to the speaker.
    20210722_154307.jpg

I probably sold the little guy a bit short if I'm honest. I was pretty impressed with it. For $20 a guy could do worse.

14. Lancpudn

I had a big old Altec Lansing 2.1 sound system on a desktop PC years ago that had really good audio but the subwoofer eventually bit the dust. I looked for the same discontinued model on ebay for ages without luck before I got another brand. :frown:

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  15. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

The one that gets thrown in my bag when travelling is a JBLGo2
    which is great for its size. The one I gave Roz went all around the world in my case and I streamed Spotify everywhere we went.

Fantastic technology!

Paruwi and soulman969 like this.
  16. soulman969

I had one much like it made by Klipsch. Those are great units for listening in stereo while parked at a desktop. Sadly it got sold to fund booze back in my days of being a hopeless drunk.

I can live without the stereo effect for now since this sounds as good as it does and it's quite transportable throughout my place. This weekend I'll hook it up to the small powered speaker column I have.

I mentioned to my daughters that I now have a new female roommate which got me an insincere "oh really, that's nice" in return. But the jig was up when I said her name was Alexa. :rofl::rofl:

Lancpudn and Digger like this.
  17. Lancpudn

LOL Good one, I've still to venture in that blue tooth /Alexa world, Still haven't got around to pairing my mobile phone to this car yet :facepalm:

soulman969 likes this.
  18. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad about it, I was 47 different kinds of excited when I discovered Bloo had a 3.5mm AUX port.
    No more dodgy FM transmitter maguffins for this guy!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Bluetooth headphones and the new speaker, but just being able to listen to my music without static... :applause:

I went from a little 300 song iPod Shuffle to having 1019 songs just in one playlist.

Lancpudn likes this.
  19. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

One of the things I love about my ISUZU D-Max is the entertainment centre and how when I start her up it automatically couples with my phone and plays my current playlist (Spotify). I’ve wanted that feature for a long time now.

It will also play video DVD’s, but I don’t imagine needing that!

I set everything up back in December so my phone connects automatically too. It all seemed quite easy on the D-Max.

Cold and windy here today so I don’t imagine I’ll do much outside today. Maybe a Peaky Blinders binge?

Lancpudn, soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  20. Lancpudn

I did some tidying up jobs around the garden & mowed the lawns whilst the temps were a bit cooler yesterday.
    I'll be pulling up the other variety of beetroot (choggia) today as some of it is starting to go to seed. It doesn't look as good as the other beetroot I pulled up a month ago.

soulman969 likes this.