Where’s Lancpudin?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Digger, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We’re back home now but yesterday it was like spring, however we still have another month of winter to go.
    We took Bella to the beach and were comfortable in light short sleeve tops and track suit pants.
    This is what the day looked like.
    [​IMG]

Then we had a BBQ lunch on the deck and sat out talking and reading afterwards.

We were a bit reluctant to leav today and you can probably understand why.

soulman969, Paruwi and Lancpudn like this.
  2. Lancpudn

Lancpudn Well-Known Member

Great pic mate & looks like the opposite to here.

Digger, soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  3. soulman969

soulman969 Well-Known Member

Wish I was in Congress. I'd introduce a bill that would allow us to ship all of the climate change and science deniers up to Greenland where the ice sheet is melting so fast pretty soon they can start building condos around golf links.

Just this week there was enough ice melt to produce a 2" water level that could cover the entire state of Florida. Of course if they keep listening to their Governor there may not be enough Floridians left to care and the few that remain will just start wearing boots saying what climate change? What pandemic?

Lancpudn likes this.
  4. soulman969

Looks like it's gonna be another weekend full of clearing out the unused and unusable "stuff" I've collected. Some stuff will get donated at the thrift stores while other stuff will find it's way to the dumpster.

We had a hard steady rain last evening and early this morning and right now we have a light cloud cover so temps are back in the low to mid '70s as we get some respite from two weeks of 90F before we head back in that direction again.

I visited with my daughter and my grand daughters earlier in the week so my next trip up won't be 'til the end of August for Rory's 1st birthday. Since my ex is attending the "official" celebration I'll come up a day early and get the ball rolling on my own. This is my choice to avoid trouble and my daughter understands.

Rory loves the water......
    rory water play.jpg

Paruwi and Lancpudn like this.
  5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

Not all Floridians are morons. SWMBO is quite intelligent, which was a strong reason I've stuck with her for 22 years come tomorrow. Unfortunately, the Karen & Kyle Koalition have taken what sense there was in Tallahassee and .... well watch the news on a channel other than Faux or OANed.

Personally, I am an ex-pat Minnesotan. (read: Not a Floridian) I changed my residency in the mid 90's for tax purposes, then chased a rather large pair of owls down here. Never caught them, but eventually met SWMBO and the rest is history.

Most of you also know I've been scheming to get us the Fadd9 out of here for years.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Lancpudn likes this.
  6. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

More stripping the place down today so flooring layers can come tomorrow and start on the living areas.

Sigh....what fun~

soulman969 likes this.
  7. Lancpudn

Nothing much doing for me today except get the ladders out & take the electric & gas meter readings, Never a good sign when the utility company want readings especially when we have 'Smart Meters' that can be read remotely :confused: It usually means they've messed something up and we get a higher bill :frown:
    The tumble drier guy is supposed to be coming out to look at the tumble drier today as it wont get warm & it's still in warranty....Just :D so I want that sorting out before I have to pay for the repair. :thumb:

soulman969 likes this.
  8. soulman969

Sounds like lots of home remodeling and repair happening for you guys.

I must admit that with my back issues I enjoy not having to deal with stuff like that any longer as I just put in a maintenance request if something needs attention. But it's a dual edged sword as I no longer participate in the increase in equity this booming real estate market has created.

9. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

I get to replace the wire / spring clamp thingy that holds the seal on our front-loading washer. The part looks fine (I guess) but I had SWMBO order a spare just in case. I imagine I'll be watching a "how-to" video in the near future.

Lancpudn likes this.
  10. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

One of our neighbours had his young bull escape and come into our property a few days ago. That wasn’t a problem for us but he wanted him back! I went down the back to cut an old lock off gates to help them get him out and they got him out plus 3 of ours also that weren’t meant to go! I stopped one of them when I realised that they had lost them and it was after dark before they got our other 3 back here and locked up again.

A bit of excitement for Monday!

Lancpudn, soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  11. soulman969

If a rooster was involved as well I'd call this a cock and bull story. ;) :rofl:

Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.
  12. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

Chuckle, we haven’t replaced the chooks that we lost in the bushfires yet.

soulman969 likes this.
  13. Lancpudn

Surprised me reading that.I thought you guys mostly used top loading washing machines over there!
    The pump in this condensing tumble drier had given up the ghost 7 had to be replaced :frown: Saying as it's an almost new drier that part didn't last long :shock:

I cut all the top foliage off the potato plants that are in 30ltr buckets yesterday as they've done growing and were dying back. I've stacked the buckets up & will harvest them when we need potatoes.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    soulman969 likes this.
  14. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

No, we've had one for ages. I've worked on it a number of times over the years. Replacing the drain pump was loads of fun. Laying on my back in a puddle, fiddling with hoses, good times. :rolleyes: It seems I work cheaper than the repair guy. I really need to stop undervaluing my services.

Lancpudn likes this.
  15. Otto99

Otto99 Well-Known Member

Front loaders got stylish again. Another blast from the past is the “new” idea of putting the freezer on the bottom of the refrigerator. Most of them in my family were like that when I was a kid.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  16. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

We finally managed to get the living areas stripped yesterday and cleaned before the man with the floor grinder arrived. The surface of the tiles needed to be ground off before todays layer comes to put vinyl planks throughout our living areas. Meanwhile we are ensconced in my study with a couple of recliners jammed in here, watching Foxtel Go and YouTube on my Mac. The 30” screen is more than adequate for viewing in such a small area.

At HD there was some buffering but at SD (720) it went fine.

Once the job is finished today or tomorrow we face the huge job of getting things back together again. Currently half our furniture is out on the verandah.

Hoping to mow if the rain holds off long enough.

soulman969 and Lancpudn like this.
  17. Lancpudn

LOL Our's is like that, Top fridge / bottom freezer. Everything has to be crammed into a small kitchen with the old housing stock here, Utility rooms weren't invented back then :thumb:

soulman969 likes this.
  18. Lancpudn

The only reason front loaders are popular over here is because they have to fit under the kitchen worktops in most kitchens.

[​IMG]

soulman969 likes this.
  19. Lancpudn

Sounds like it's all go there mate, I'll be on mowing duties today also, We've got sunny dry weather until this afternoon when the weather changes.

soulman969 and Paruwi like this.
  20. Digger

Digger Well-Known Member

It didn’t happen as we had some rain. I did manage to get a haircut though after months of wait inc. lockdowns.

Gael dropped her iPhone in Bella's water bucket outside and she can’t hear audio now! We’ve been having trouble with her Apple iPhone identity since Dec 1 when I gave her a new iPad for her birthday. Her Apple identity is tied to the home phone number which we’ve relinquished and now nobody can figure out how to fix it. Numerous techs, the dealer and Apple themselves all useless! Gael spends hours on the phone with heavily accented Apple help operators and does the same things each time to be told , don’t use your existing pad and in 3 weeks it will be fixed. Why 3 weeks?

Now if we were to go and buy her a new iPhone, there’s no guarantee that we wouldn’t have the same problem.

Just about over Apple at the moment! I paid almost $1000 for a bloody sea anchor! Says she doesn’t want Android...Sigh~

Place is still in absolute turmoil with floor laying taking a day longer than anticipated. We couldn’t even get into the kitchen for most of yesterday and more today and won’t be finished until tomorrow apparently. Getting sick of the upheaval to be honest.

I should go and buy a new TV to cheer myself up I reckon.

soulman969, Lancpudn and Paruwi like this.